Wildland Fire Evergreen

03 Jun 2013 20:27 #51 by rguerette
Replied by rguerette on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

pacamom wrote:

rguerette wrote:

pacamom wrote:

rguerette wrote:

homeagain wrote: Evac. Boundaries......S. of Hwy 285,N. of Buffalo Park Rd., E of Hwy 73, West of Jeffco County line.....(posted from EvergreenBound)

Thinking you're geographically challenged...those "boundaries" don't work in any imaginable way. If those are the evac parameters, then we're evac'ing the rest of the country and North America. :)

pacamom wrote: Map of the evac area - sorry if posted already - I am copying this from FB. Good thing I have 285 to protect me.

I hope you're being sarcastic...I've seen fire jump a mile wide canyon in NM back in '77.

Not so much. There is a intersection and big gravel mtn in the way.

You seriously think a 2-4 lane road and a gravel mtn is a good firebreak? I literally saw an arm of fire reach out and cross a mile wide canyon and start the other side on fire...La Mesa fire in NM in '77. Firebreaks are merely a suggestion, just like traffic laws in a place like India.

Yeah I do.

Suggest you stop by your local fire department when they aren't so busy and ask them about that...so you can educate yourself a bit more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2013 20:38 #52 by Local_Historian
Really? NOW is the time to fight like 10 year olds, really?

How exactly is a pissy attitude toward others helping in ANY way?

You make my damn brain hurt. I come here for updates, not to see your crap.

03 Jun 2013 20:49 #53 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Per Jeffco Sheriff: http://jeffcosheriff.blogspot.com/

Fire behavior relaxed considerably as evening approached. Cooler temperatures, increased humidity, and diminishing winds contributed to the firefighting efforts. The evacuation area has been reduced. Any residences past Hemlock Lane off Brook Forest Drive will remain evacuated overnight (not to include homes on Hemlock Lane). The rest of the previously evacuated areas are open for residents to return.

If you do NOT live on the following roads, you may return home.
Fawn Path
Weasel Way
Jack Pine Drive
Skunk Aly
Ski Trail
Elk Run
Puma Crest
Lynx Lane
Snowshoe Trail
Bobcat Way
Grouse Lane
Deer Path
Woodchuck Way

Residents are asked to remain vigilant tomorrow and remain ready to evacuate if need be.
Residents who evacuated animals to either the Fairgrounds or Foothills Animal Shelter are encouraged to leave them there overnight. Residents will be allowed to bring their animals home tonight if they choose to do so.
Posted by Jeffco Sheriff at 8:40 PM

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jun 2013 20:58 #54 by rguerette
Replied by rguerette on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

Local_Historian wrote: Really? NOW is the time to fight like 10 year olds, really?

How exactly is a pissy attitude toward others helping in ANY way?

You make my damn brain hurt. I come here for updates, not to see your crap.

I'm just trying to inform/education an ignorant person/persons...but I'm at the point I don't care anymore...to each their own...and I guess you can guess what I want to say to that.

03 Jun 2013 21:43 #55 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
It's good to be home, thank you to all who offered help..... We will keep the RV packed for the night and see how well the fire behaves tomorrow. Our fire fighters are awesome!

03 Jun 2013 21:46 #56 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
This has been a good resource for info. There are some pictures here http://jeffcosheriff.blogspot.com/ and the pics are here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_3vHjXvTmbCTFI3X1hiVHBQV2c&usp=sharing

03 Jun 2013 21:51 #57 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Yes they are! Glad you guys are home already (although I don't think I could sleep myself).

Jeffco Sheriff has posted that they will not do any further updates tonight, and will post sometime early tomorrow when and where they will do the next briefing. Thank you to everyone who shared info here to help keep us all informed.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jun 2013 22:18 - 04 Jun 2013 17:19 #58 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
:sarcasm:

03 Jun 2013 22:45 - 23 Jan 2017 11:04 #59 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

archer wrote: It's good to be home, thank you to all who offered help..... We will keep the RV packed for the night and see how well the fire behaves tomorrow. Our fire fighters are awesome!

Archer - you guys can pull your RV here if anything happens tomorrow. You have been here before, but if you need directions again - here is the address:

mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfir...this-saturday#165905

03 Jun 2013 22:55 #60 by otisptoadwater
Fingers crossed for a better weather day tomorrow, no wind and some rain would be awesome. Hats off to the Fire Fighters and other first responders! Best wishes to all in the area of the fire for a safe night.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds