Wildland Fire Evergreen

03 Jun 2013 19:37 - 23 Jan 2017 11:05 #41 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Jeffco Sheriff just posted that there will be a media briefing at 8pm outside Evergreen Fire HQ.

P.S. We've added the Jeffco Sheriff Tweets to the Home Page and Master Webcam page, and the #bluebellfire tweets to the Master Webcam page as well so you don't have to flip back to twitter to keep up on everything.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2013 19:39 #42 by ScienceChic

archer wrote: Thanks SC.... Mr archer thinks we should just go home.... I have no problem just hanging out here. GOP.... Much as I would hate to lose our house, everything that really matters to me is here in the RV.

If you change your mind (and don't want to share showers in the HS or use your small RV one, or cook on a tiny stove) the offer stands! :) The only thing I can't promise is that my kids won't talk your ear off! lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jun 2013 19:44 #43 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
I am on the edge at Pine Junction too, Archer. You are welcome here. I have a flat lot and also a pen for the dogs. You are certainly welcome here too.

03 Jun 2013 19:50 - 04 Jun 2013 17:20 #44 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
:yeahthat:

03 Jun 2013 19:55 #45 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

Hoot Owl wrote: And Pinecam is shut down. Interesting community resource. Also interesting that the newscasters have no clue where Evergreen, Brook Forest, and the Outdoor Lab are.
Lets all PANIC !!!! I hope all that are in harms way, are safe and the firefighters are safe as well.

Now that is interesting - I followed the fire all afternoon long on Pinecam...........it wasn't shut down for me.

03 Jun 2013 20:03 #46 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

Science Chic wrote:

archer wrote: Thanks SC.... Mr archer thinks we should just go home.... I have no problem just hanging out here. GOP.... Much as I would hate to lose our house, everything that really matters to me is here in the RV.

If you change your mind (and don't want to share showers in the HS or use your small RV one, or cook on a tiny stove) the offer stands! :) The only thing I can't promise is that my kids won't talk your ear off! lol

Heya Archer... having evac'ed (and had our house survive) for the LNFF you guys are doing the right thing. We also have a plenty of space for your RV and live up at the end of Pleasant Park 15-20 minutes from CHS, if you guys want a place to park and hangout.... seriously. PM if you are interested.
Let us know if you need anything!

Dave

03 Jun 2013 20:14 - 23 Jan 2017 11:06 #47 by ScienceChic
According to Jeffco Sheriff from their blog:

The fire is now approximately 25-35 acres. The fire is burning on private property about a half mile west of Clear Creek County. It is also approximately 1 mile from the Arapahoe National Forest.

There is one known structure within the fire perimeter. Earlier today 100 homes were threatened. Firefighters made structure protection a priority and as a result no structures have been lost.

A type II helicopter has been actively dropping water on the fire. A SEAT (Single Engine Air Tanker) made three retardant drops on the fire earlier today.

There is no estimated containment at this time. The fire, however, is currently laying down. It is largely burning on a north east aspect which is aiding in the cooling of the fire behavior.

Some residents will be allowed back into the area soon. Announcements regarding the re-population plan will be announced at the 8:00 PM media briefing. Detailed information will also be provided via this blog soon. Please be aware that some residents will not be allowed back into the area at this time. As always, please use your own discretion and care as you enter the area. When in doubt, leave.

03 Jun 2013 20:14 #48 by mountaindollar
Thank you fire fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a very, very good friend working the line tonight he will get sent home to rest around midnight.

Please keep in mind that there are not only Evergreen fire fighters helping with this fire but many surrounding areas.

These are volunteer districts so please remember them and shoot them a few dollars if you can.

God Bless

03 Jun 2013 20:18 #49 by ScienceChic
Evergreen Fire will keep one brush truck on site overnight.

I'm hearing at least one home where the residents refuse to evacuate.

Correct Mountain Dollar! http://jeffcosheriff.blogspot.com/

Cooperating Agencies
The following agencies are currently cooperating in the fire fighting effort:
Evergreen Fire Rescue
North Fork Fire
Elk Creek Fire
Foothills Fire and Rescue
Inter-canyon Fire/Rescue
Indian Hills Fire/Rescue

03 Jun 2013 20:20 #50 by ScienceChic
All homes on Brook Forest Dr north of Hemlock Ln (but not including Hemlock Ln), remain evacuated, everyone else can return but remain prepared to evac again if necessary.

(Post edited to clear up confusion).

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds