Wildland Fire Evergreen

03 Jun 2013 18:33 #31 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Here is the map so far of the evacuation area:

https://twitter.com/9NEWS/status/341708478865354752/photo/1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2013 18:35 - 04 Jun 2013 17:18 #32 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
:Whistle

03 Jun 2013 18:48 #33 by rguerette
Replied by rguerette on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

homeagain wrote: Evac. Boundaries......S. of Hwy 285,N. of Buffalo Park Rd., E of Hwy 73, West of Jeffco County line.....(posted from EvergreenBound)

Thinking you're geographically challenged...those "boundaries" don't work in any imaginable way. If those are the evac parameters, then we're evac'ing the rest of the country and North America. :)

pacamom wrote: Map of the evac area - sorry if posted already - I am copying this from FB. Good thing I have 285 to protect me.

I hope you're being sarcastic...I've seen fire jump a mile wide canyon in NM back in '77.

03 Jun 2013 18:50 #34 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
We are sitting at conifer high school, our house is is about a mile from the fire. We are fortunate, however, to be sitting in our RV worth the pups.....

03 Jun 2013 18:54 #35 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

rguerette wrote:

homeagain wrote: Evac. Boundaries......S. of Hwy 285,N. of Buffalo Park Rd., E of Hwy 73, West of Jeffco County line.....(posted from EvergreenBound)

Thinking you're geographically challenged...those "boundaries" don't work in any imaginable way. If those are the evac parameters, then we're evac'ing the rest of the country and North America. :)

pacamom wrote: Map of the evac area - sorry if posted already - I am copying this from FB. Good thing I have 285 to protect me.

I hope you're being sarcastic...I've seen fire jump a mile wide canyon in NM back in '77.

Not so much. There is a intersection and big gravel mtn in the way.

03 Jun 2013 18:55 #36 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: We are sitting at conifer high school, our house is is about a mile from the fire. We are fortunate, however, to be sitting in our RV worth the pups.....

You're house is not fortunate to be a mile from the fire... I hope nothing happens to it.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

03 Jun 2013 19:00 #37 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

archer wrote: We are sitting at conifer high school, our house is is about a mile from the fire. We are fortunate, however, to be sitting in our RV worth the pups.....

archer, if you want to you are more than welcome to bring your RV and park it in my driveway and stay with us - we've got a fenced backyard and my pooch loves company (human and furry kind!). We'd be happy to have you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jun 2013 19:15 #38 by rguerette
Replied by rguerette on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen

pacamom wrote:

rguerette wrote:

Not so much. There is a intersection and big gravel mtn in the way.

You seriously think a 2-4 lane road and a gravel mtn is a good firebreak? I literally saw an arm of fire reach out and cross a mile wide canyon and start the other side on fire...La Mesa fire in NM in '77. Firebreaks are merely a suggestion, just like traffic laws in a place like India.

03 Jun 2013 19:30 #39 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Evacuated Aspen Meadow drive and Blue Springs Drive.

03 Jun 2013 19:33 #40 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Thanks SC.... Mr archer thinks we should just go home.... I have no problem just hanging out here. GOP.... Much as I would hate to lose our house, everything that really matters to me is here in the RV.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds