Shooting at Arapahoe High School

16 Dec 2013 06:15 #21 by homeagain
This SENIOR student had a "belt' of ammo,a machete and loaded shotgun and several Molotov
cocktails when he entered into the school.....the Denver Post Sun edition reported that the
"friends" that knew him were discussing his bazaar behavior and were trying to decide if they
should tell someone what they knew/witnessed.....THAT was within the SAME day or a matter
of hours before he "attack" the school......THEY stated that his intent was "evil"......SORRY, this
"delicate" mind knew EXACTLY what he wanted to do, PLANNED it, and was intent on revenge
because he apparently knew NO OTHER METHOD to work around his anger,disappointment and
feelings of being "wronged"......CONFLICT RESOLUTION, WHY IS NOT BEING TAUGHT????????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2013 06:28 #22 by Nobody that matters

homeagain wrote: This SENIOR student had a "belt' of ammo,a machete and loaded shotgun and several Molotov
cocktails when he entered into the school.....the Denver Post Sun edition reported that the
"friends" that knew him were discussing his bazaar behavior and were trying to decide if they
should tell someone what they knew/witnessed.....THAT was within the SAME day or a matter
of hours before he "attack" the school......THEY stated that his intent was "evil"......SORRY, this
"delicate" mind knew EXACTLY what he wanted to do, PLANNED it, and was intent on revenge
because he apparently knew NO OTHER METHOD to work around his anger,disappointment and
feelings of being "wronged"......CONFLICT RESOLUTION, WHY IS NOT BEING TAUGHT????????

I didn't ever have a class in "Conflict resolution" in high school, yet I knew that taking a gun to school and blasting away was never the right answer.

This is not a matter of teaching away the problems. You can't blame crazy on not being taught sanity.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Dec 2013 06:50 #23 by FredHayek
Anyone like the way the Denver Post censored his political beliefs out of stories about the shooter.
Think it would have been page one if the kid had been a member of the NRA or TEA Party?

And people think there is no bias in the press.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Dec 2013 07:06 #24 by homeagain
I DO NOT think he was 'crazy', it think he was extremely intelligent and VERY intent on making
sure that there would be ramifications for the teacher's decision......I think that guns have become the "go to" solution....it's been that way for a VERY long time.....we live in the "wild west" of America, the gun is a staple within our everyday lives and we, here in Colorado, RECALLED some individuals who thought there SHOULD BE a different solution/scenario/answer.

I have lived NEAR Highlands Ranch and within that generally area where the shooting took place......it is an upperwardly mobile mindset/neighborhood......(and THAT was back in the
90's).....the area is HIGH density living and very "appearance" oriented.....I believe it STILL is
a "yuppie" location to settle into.....(feel free to correct me IF I am wrong).....Colombine H.S.
is a "duplicate"......Aurora,I believe WAS a moderately middle class area, correct me if I am
wrong.....AGAIN, the generally theme within Colo. appears to be middle/upper middle class
background AND guns being the solution to a "problem".......CONFLICT MANAGEMENT and
lack of the ability to "relate".....THIS post is NOT an anti-gun rant, THIS post is an attempt to
TRULY step back and look at the common pieces of the problem and dissect each component
to see how it fits (or NOT)......JMO

16 Dec 2013 07:24 #25 by FredHayek
Most of us here have some years under our belts and are used to rolling with the punches, so it really seems a senior who is thrown off the debate team and decides his whole life is over and wants to act out.
Parrallels to the theater shooter who was failing in his program and decides to take a lot of people down with him.
I remember one time in high school I felt really dissed and wanted to act out too but I didn't. And now I can barely remember what got me so upset.

16 Dec 2013 08:50 #26 by Nobody that matters
Sorry, but grabbing a gun and a bunch of ammo, creating molitov cocktails and a huge knife and heading to a school has never been a sane solution to anything. This is not an education issue, it's a mental health issue.

It's also not a gun control issue. What now, make shotguns illegal? The gasoline used in the molitov cocktail? Large knives?

Bad guys are the problem, not the tools that are not inherently good or bad that they choose to use.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Dec 2013 09:14 #27 by homeagain
AND I don't believe you can "lump" the cause into mental illness.....LOOK DEEPER, when the x-box games and video vigilantes are playing VIOLENT war games/VIOLENT play games and
the shooters are cyber and the DEATHS ARE CYBER DEATHS......the mind becomes desensitized
to blood/death/violence.....JMO....it's ALL a game.....and most teenage guys play these games.... and ALL the violence that has been perpetuated onto the public (in Colorado) stems
from this......JMO.....you do NOT see females participating in this......WHY?

16 Dec 2013 09:23 #28 by Mtn Gramma

homeagain wrote: AND I don't believe you can "lump" the cause into mental illness.....LOOK DEEPER, when the x-box games and video vigilantes are playing VIOLENT war games/VIOLENT play games and
the shooters are cyber and the DEATHS ARE CYBER DEATHS......the mind becomes desensitized
to blood/death/violence.....JMO....it's ALL a game.....and most teenage guys play these games.... and ALL the violence that has been perpetuated onto the public (in Colorado) stems
from this
......JMO.....you do NOT see females participating in this......WHY?

Really? Where did you get info that this young man played violent video games?

16 Dec 2013 09:38 #29 by FredHayek
Actually there is some evidence that violent video games allow kids to act out without actually hurting anyone. Teen crime is lower than it was before video games. Or it might just be that giving teens something exciting to do at home keeps them off the street and out of trouble.

16 Dec 2013 09:49 #30 by Blondie

homeagain wrote: AND I don't believe you can "lump" the cause into mental illness.....LOOK DEEPER, when the x-box games and video vigilantes are playing VIOLENT war games/VIOLENT play games and
from this......JMO.....you do NOT see females participating in this......WHY?

Reading your posts desensitizes my mind

JMO

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds