Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

12 Jan 2014 16:58 #81 by FOS
[youtube:1otwujwn]
[/youtube:1otwujwn]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2014 19:37 - 13 Jan 2014 14:31 #82 by Unpopular Poster

frogger wrote: With my new job....I don't have much time to post anymore but I did want to add my 2 cents on this thread.
Cabinish.....with all due respect, many folks have stepped up to help you build your website.....most especially SC.
As she pointed out, many of her advertisers are also yours.
I am curious.....did you broker those deals or did she on your behalf?
From my perspective, she has not poached your customer base at all.
A lot of people have stepped up to help make both your sites successful.
Perhaps you should invest a good deal of time in wooing the Evergreen community so as to make them less vulnerable to other advertising opportunities.
Blaming someone else for a lack of success is cowardly (IMO)
Just sayin'
For the rest of you who are interested in the truth and a fair outcome.......read the documents in the Flume article.
I am sure that all parties wish they had handled a few things differently.
Emotions run high when you are trying to protect your livelihood and family.
I am clear in my own mind as to who has been more wronged here.
SC has a work ethic that is rarely seen in this day and age.
I would put her on my team any time.
There are people who run successful businesses and there are those who talk about running successful businesses.
SC is a success based on good old fashion hard work and tenacity.
Hang in there SC.
Karma has a way of coming around.

It doesnt matter who helped who, or who has the stronger work ethic..None of that changes the contract one iota. And "It's not fair!" is not going to work in court

12 Jan 2014 20:49 #83 by FOS
Like I said.....I actually know these people.
I am not just another troll on a bb that has way to much time on their hands.

13 Jan 2014 14:30 #84 by Unpopular Poster

frogger wrote: Like I said.....I actually know these people.

Well, I know contracts and they always hold up in court- and its going to be real easy for a judge to decide who breached this one.

13 Jan 2014 15:57 #85 by Pony Soldier
How do you read it SM? I'm actually having trouble finding where Sharon breached anything, but I'm no lawyer. What am I missing?

13 Jan 2014 18:15 #86 by Unpopular Poster

towermonkey wrote: How do you read it SM? I'm actually having trouble finding where Sharon breached anything, but I'm no lawyer. What am I missing?

I said a judge (whos seen a millions contracts) will have no problem figuring it out.

My personal opinion: 10 minutes in the courtroom and it's slam wham boom bam and the Judge orders MMT closed, and SC back to 285Bound with her tail between her legs..I just base this on what happened, I know that (what SC did) wasn't allowed

14 Jan 2014 10:37 #87 by MountainRoadCrew
Some additional posts were split out and added to this thread: http://mymountaintown.com/forums/the-ring/30514

14 Jan 2014 12:06 #88 by Thepill
The nice thing about lawyers is that you can always find one or two that will give you an opinion to support your desired outcome.

I read the contract and it is clear in the Non Compete section (Page 3 - # 11) that SC has violated the agreement.

My 2 cents, this is a very one sided contract for Community Bounds and it is SC's fault for not forcing in non performance language for CB (page 3 - #16 is pure BS).

SC, my advice is to be careful how much you invest in this fight. My bet is you will be on the loosing end.

14 Jan 2014 12:35 #89 by ScienceChic
Curious. How exactly have I violated the Non-Compete clause Thepill?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jan 2014 12:39 #90 by Pony Soldier
Yes, if the intent was to move membership to a competitive website, then that section would have been violated. As I understood it, the move wasn't to a competitive site, but an upgrade to the existing site. You may be right though with the name change and everything being completely rewritten, it may "appear" to a judge that this site is in absolute violation of that section.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds