Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

12 Jan 2014 06:59 - 12 Jan 2014 07:43 #71 by Unpopular Poster

ScienceChic wrote: I'd win that one hands-down! :biggrin:

Super Malta wrote: With all this I wonder how anybody here could have had a problem with my Pumkin Carving Contest. I stated the rules clearly

Ahh, so now that you admit that you are indeed VL, then you can't say that you've been banned like you tried to claim, can you? Nor are you even truly moderated since you are posting freely under this nic. Unlike other places that ban you solely on who you are because they don't like you...though who can blame them? :biggrin: :rofllol You have to admit that you've had it really good here VL, you should be nicer to us. tongue:

Well, if its any consolation..CG is no better than you, and probably worse. You may be a ruthless business woman but i'd bet you're a good friend- And although you publicly supported that crazy church and belong to the Mike Rowe Cult, I know youre not an Tea Bagger

I'll try to be better

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2014 07:07 #72 by homeagain

Super Malta wrote:

Super Malta wrote: With all this I wonder how anybody here could have had a problem with my Pumkin Carving Contest. I stated the rules clearly

Ahh, so now that you admit that you are indeed VL, then you can't say that you've been banned like you tried to claim, can you? Nor are you even truly moderated since you are posting freely under this nic. Unlike other places that ban you solely on who you are because they don't like you...though who can blame them? :biggrin: :rofllol You have to admit that you've had it really good here VL, you should be nicer to us. tongue:

Well, if its any consolation..CG is no better than you, and probably worse. You may be a ruthless business woman but i'd bet you're a good friend- And although you publicly supported that crazy church and the belong to the Mike Rowe Cult, I know youre not an Tea Bagger

I'll try to be better

WHY is the bolded always the description of a female, BUT when a MALE does the same thing
he is described as astute,driven,focused.....or many of the OTHER adjectives that are positive.

12 Jan 2014 07:42 #73 by Unpopular Poster
Believe me HA

I don't speak too highly of most Business men either..I usually use terms like Pig, Greedy and Dirtbag when describing them.

12 Jan 2014 07:48 #74 by FOS
With my new job....I don't have much time to post anymore but I did want to add my 2 cents on this thread.
Cabinish.....with all due respect, many folks have stepped up to help you build your website.....most especially SC.
As she pointed out, many of her advertisers are also yours.
I am curious.....did you broker those deals or did she on your behalf?
From my perspective, she has not poached your customer base at all.
A lot of people have stepped up to help make both your sites successful.
Perhaps you should invest a good deal of time in wooing the Evergreen community so as to make them less vulnerable to other advertising opportunities.
Blaming someone else for a lack of success is cowardly (IMO)
Just sayin'
For the rest of you who are interested in the truth and a fair outcome.......read the documents in the Flume article.
I am sure that all parties wish they had handled a few things differently.
Emotions run high when you are trying to protect your livelihood and family.
I am clear in my own mind as to who has been more wronged here.
SC has a work ethic that is rarely seen in this day and age.
I would put her on my team any time.
There are people who run successful businesses and there are those who talk about running successful businesses.
SC is a success based on good old fashion hard work and tenacity.
Hang in there SC.
Karma has a way of coming around.

12 Jan 2014 08:39 #75 by Venturer

So why do you have to have so many nics? To show you are a thriving business?

Thanks SC I did go back to the Flume article and was able to open them.

Even less impressed with your behavior. As an affiliate you have limited opportunities. Not even frogger's attempts to substantiate your bad behavior give you rights based on your contract. The fact that you feel you have been wronged does mean you should seek remedies through the courts, but it is you and your husband's vengeful, hateful demeanor in this website that is the most telling as to what kind of person you are. Thanks to both SC and CG for showing us just what kind of people you are. Hopefully others will take the time to see both of you for what you are.

Frogger good luck in your new job.

12 Jan 2014 09:40 #76 by FOS
I think she was joking about the nics.

Like I said......when someone is attacking your ability to support your family and pay your mortgage.....your emotions can get the best of you.
SC.....please quit being human.......dang it.
I have known for quite some time what kind of people are involved here.
My appreciation for SC's integrity and work ethic has only grown.
I, of course, took the time to get to know the individuals involved rather than just read the posts here or elsewhere.
Guess that makes a bit of a difference.

12 Jan 2014 09:48 #77 by ScienceChic
Yes, I was referring to all the admin/staff nics I inherited when I bought this business. lol

I can see how my DH's posts could be considered hateful and vengeful, but let me point out that they were not printed in their entirety, nor is it the whole of the limited communication between her and him, so it is skewed. And wouldn't your husband want to stick up for you if he saw you being hurt? How would you react if you were screwed out of $22,000+ (and while that may not be a lot compared to franchises, I assure you it's significant for this situation).

The bigger picture to look at here too, is that I myself have over 10,000 posts. Maybe 50 of those pertain to this legal battle. The other 9,950 are on a wide range of topics, in every forum on this site. Those 50 are not the sum of who I am, nor are the 9,950 even a true reflection as it really takes meeting and getting to know someone in person for that, and I would contend that it's unfair of you to judge a person on such a small sampling of posts, but you are certainly allowed to form whatever opinion you'd like.

What you see here is not the whole of communication between Robin and I, if you include PMs, emails and phone calls, after working together for 3 years; there is much more to the story. It was never my intention to be hateful or vengeful in my postings here about this issue and I disagree with you that I have been - Robin forced this issue to be public when she put 285Bound back up under her control instead of continuing the private resolution that we had been concurrently working on. What I've posted here has been forceful and bluntly honest and persistent, but not hateful. I would love for this to be resolved, as I said in my first post we've repeatedly requested early mediation, we've put settlement offers on the table, the ball's in her court but we'll continue with the process otherwise.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jan 2014 10:02 #78 by FOS

12 Jan 2014 10:47 #79 by FOS
and one example of a lack of integrity...(imo) on the other side of this issue.....

Cinnamongirl
Post subject: Re: The Elections...
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:16 am

Vice Lord wrote:
truecolors wrote:
Agree that other forums have an agenda. This forum lets anyone with an opinion either way posts. It does lean in a direction but I think that is because more people on one side have chosen to use this resourse. I do think everyone is welcome here though. I think this forum has really changed things with taping all those debates and letting people watch.

:like: Nobody has ever been banned here

Just FYI, there have been a couple nics that are not allowed to post here anymore. Not for content of their posts but for security reasons. I talked to the Jeffco Sheriff yesterday about a legal issue on one of our forums. He told me under no uncertain terms we have the right to stop posters, if needed, legally. However, I do not believe in that.

Banning anyone for content is not how to moderate a forum. If you start deciding what is allowed to be discussed it kills the forum. But, there are times where you have to do it with severe trolls that are out to ruin a board.

Security reasons......give me a break. Just an example for me on just how unhinged some folks can get.
My banning was solely based on content.
I would like to see her proof to the contrary. Show me what security threat I posed.....LOL other than her fear of me exposing some truths.
She just simply was threatened by my disagreement with her on her position in this manner.
She violated the very basic concepts that the website was founded on and it wasn't the first time she had tried to silence opinion or belief by using her position.
So......for me......what you see is what you get with SC. Good, bad or indifferent. She is an open book.
Not the case on the other side.

edited to add.....she did this while using SC's sig. (Printed for proof.)

I suspect......she is really trying to secure my pm's so they cannot be presented as evidence.
But I am smarter than that. :) (control P)

12 Jan 2014 13:07 #80 by BuyersAgent

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds