Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

29 Dec 2013 17:59 #21 by Blondie

ScienceChic wrote: Yes, you can hide them by clicking on the arrows as pacamom said. They are different though between the side ones and the top ones. The ones on the side are for you to share to your own pages on Facebook, Twitter, etc; whereas, the ones at the top are for you to Like/Follow our MyMountainTown accounts.

I dont want to share MMT on my Facebook or twitter etc. I have my own favorites set up. It seems like an inconvenient convenience. But I can learn to ignore it. Could the the boxes be placed at the bottom right? I use the "Top" button a lot, and it gets hidden often by these boxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2013 19:18 #22 by Unpopular Poster

Thepill wrote: Not a lawyer, but I deal with contracts often.

I have not read your contract, but here is 2 cents based upon what you shared.

A license doesn't make you the owner of the the site nor the URL.

Moving a site to a new hosting company is not the same as taking all licensed material and setting it up under a new identity / URL.

If I had licensed the former site to you and you had taken everything (users accounts and content) I would be upset too.

If your agreement didn't explicitly give you the rights to take users and content you will likely be spending more $ of lawyer fees and fines for violating the license agreement.

Again, my 2 cents based upon the details presented int his thread.

I'm just a stupid kid, but I have to agree with The pill...Merely stating that someone breached the contract is not enough for me to make a determination here... Just my 2 cents based upon the details presented int his thread

29 Dec 2013 19:21 #23 by Unpopular Poster

Mtn Gramma wrote: I'm sorry for your sake that the situation continues to drag along. I stand in support of you and this website.

I'm sorry..I'm going to have to disagree with you again

29 Dec 2013 19:23 #24 by ScienceChic
Sorry everyone, I didn't think the hide option was going to be temporary like that. I'll check with my developer to see if there's a setting that needs to be changed. I don't think the boxes can be placed at the bottom (the tabs already are on the mobile version), we picked the left because it was out of the way. They shouldn't be covering the top button either, but be on the outside of the forum - are you on a laptop/desktop or a mobile device Blondie?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2013 09:13 #25 by Blondie

30 Dec 2013 10:07 #26 by pacamom
The buttons on the top stay in the same place while the screen scrolls. So they cover anything on the right hand side. They show up in the middle of the ads as you scroll down the page.

The buttons on the left cover stuff on the left depending on how much the screen is minimized.

I usually have my screen minimized somewhat depending on what else I have open.

Laptop and desktop. At the same time - sharing screens.

31 Dec 2013 21:40 #27 by FOS

Thepill wrote: Not a lawyer, but I deal with contracts often.

I have not read your contract, but here is 2 cents based upon what you shared.

A license doesn't make you the owner of the the site nor the URL.

Moving a site to a new hosting company is not the same as taking all licensed material and setting it up under a new identity / URL.

If I had licensed the former site to you and you had taken everything (users accounts and content) I would be upset too.

If your agreement didn't explicitly give you the rights to take users and content you will likely be spending more $ of lawyer fees and fines for violating the license agreement.

Again, my 2 cents based upon the details presented int his thread.

Robyn.....honestly...... lol

31 Dec 2013 23:40 #28 by BuyersAgent
Sorry but the buttons are worse now, dear -- they bob in and out, which is even more distracting than just having them stay there imo.
When a page is just opened, they don't appear, but on scrolling into the text, they do. I'm in Firefox on a laptop.
Happy New Year to all!!

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

01 Jan 2014 08:11 #29 by FOS
Have to agree SC.....they are annoying. Any particular reason why they have to be here at all?
Feels a bit like an intrusion.

01 Jan 2014 08:49 #30 by Unpopular Poster

frogger wrote: Have to agree SC.....they are annoying. Any particular reason why they have to be here at all?
Feels a bit like an intrusion.

You can say the same thing about Blazer Bob and his 10,000 No Response threads

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds