Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

23 Dec 2013 16:05 #11 by homeagain
Problems here also...SAME....slow download or seems to be hung up....home PC is all I use. (not a link,
problem is with actually website MMT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2013 16:36 #12 by HEARTLESS
A month or so ago, when the site/server locked up, I got 403 Error and couldn't get in for a couple weeks. Now I get a screen with options under the 403 error, but can access site.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

24 Dec 2013 12:30 #13 by ScienceChic
Okay, so we changed a page loading setting last night to see if that helps with the loading times. Please let me know if it seems better or worse (we'd originally turned it off because it was messing with the webcams loading).

Heartless, try clearing your cookies and cache. I'll check with the developer and see if there's anything else he recommends to do.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it so we can make the site more enjoyable for you to use!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Dec 2013 17:53 #14 by Thepill
Not a lawyer, but I deal with contracts often.

I have not read your contract, but here is 2 cents based upon what you shared.

A license doesn't make you the owner of the the site nor the URL.

Moving a site to a new hosting company is not the same as taking all licensed material and setting it up under a new identity / URL.

If I had licensed the former site to you and you had taken everything (users accounts and content) I would be upset too.

If your agreement didn't explicitly give you the rights to take users and content you will likely be spending more $ of lawyer fees and fines for violating the license agreement.

Again, my 2 cents based upon the details presented int his thread.

27 Dec 2013 09:12 #15 by Pony Soldier
I haven't had any issues since you made the change. Thanks!

27 Dec 2013 09:48 #16 by ScienceChic
Glad to hear it TM, thanks for letting me know!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Dec 2013 11:57 #17 by Blondie
Is there any way for an individual to disable the 4 colored blocks for facebook twitter email and + that come up on the left hand side of the screen? Since they also appear at the top of each page it seems redundant. and annoying

29 Dec 2013 12:01 #18 by pacamom
you can hide them. There is a faint arrow below the ones on the left and to the left of the ones at the top.

nevermind - they come right back

29 Dec 2013 17:00 #19 by ScienceChic
Yes, you can hide them by clicking on the arrows as pacamom said. They are different though between the side ones and the top ones. The ones on the side are for you to share to your own pages on Facebook, Twitter, etc; whereas, the ones at the top are for you to Like/Follow our MyMountainTown accounts.

29 Dec 2013 17:26 #20 by Mtn Gramma
They don't stay gone. As soon as I change a page, there they are again. And they're annoying. I don't mix my social interactions and would like a way to disable the side dealies. The ones at the top right are fairly easy to ignore but the side ones are too "in your face" for me.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds