Update regarding the CommunityBound/My Mountain Town Dispute

10 Jan 2014 10:05 #51 by Pony Soldier
Don't hold back RidgeWay. Tell us how you really feel! BTW, this post was where I made up my mind on this matter:

http://mymountaintown.com/forums/the-ri ... at#p291535

Anyone who would bring that kind of attitude to a negotiation is not someone to be trusted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2014 12:27 #52 by ScienceChic
TM, does what he said in a moment of frustration negate any of the evidence that I've presented? He's not involved in any negotiations, this lawsuit is between Robin and I, and the facts are what matter in a court of law, not attitude.

So if anyone wants to see for themselves some of the actual evidence, The Flume has written an article on the lawsuit published in today's paper, and they've uploaded the filed claims, counterclaims, ruling on motions to dismiss, and original contract since they are now all public documents available at the Arapahoe County Court.

Ridgeway, of course there's bias - this is my business I am fighting for. Do you see me calling names? No. I stick with the facts. And while I can't go into everything here, I stand behind what I've said to date. I did not breach the contract by moving this business and renaming it, Communities Bound is not a franchise, and Robin Honsey is the one in breach by putting 285Bound back up and competing against me with my own business in an exact area I signed exclusive rights for. And yes, this is a thriving business - we've got exclusive advertising opportunities , we're adding new advertisers and members, we've added new features to this website that no other community forum up here has, we have exclusive Hwy 285 and 73 webcams and videos of local meetings , and our wonderful members are very active here. We support this community by giving back to nonprofits and sponsoring events that benefit local businesses and are an attraction to residents and visitors alike. Because that's what matters.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2014 12:40 #53 by Pony Soldier
When you start out from the position of stating that your goal is to ruin somebody, and gloat about how you have exploited a contract, it sheds a lot of light on just who we are dealing with. I realize that that he is not involved legally, but you can't tell me that you don't talk about this and that he does not mirror your thoughts. I don't know where this will go legally, but I have certainly lost a lot of respect for some people who had it to begin with.

10 Jan 2014 12:50 #54 by ScienceChic
I have my own thoughts and opinions towermonkey, not my husband's, nor does he blindly agree with me.

I have never stated that I have exploited a contract. I've now had 3 lawyers review this one, and 1 of them before I did anything with this upgrade, and I believe that I followed the terms of the contract and I believe my actions were based on what I was allowed to do. This lawsuit is between Robin and I, and what she and I've said and done, and the legal evidence, are what matters. Period.

Edit to add: my position at the beginning was stated in my Letter of Intent: I intended to remain an affiliate and fulfill my obligations. I never said I was leaving to compete - she did that to me by putting the website she refused to redirect actively back up against her current affiliate in good standing. And now she's capitalizing on my business name recognition and all the money and time I've spent promoting 285Bound to her advantage, unfairly.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2014 13:23 #55 by Blazer Bob

towermonkey wrote: When you start out from the position of stating that your goal is to ruin somebody, and gloat about how you have exploited a contract, it sheds a lot of light on just who we are dealing with. I realize that that he is not involved legally, but you can't tell me that you don't talk about this and that he does not mirror your thoughts. I don't know where this will go legally, but I have certainly lost a lot of respect for some people who had it to begin with.

TM, I hear where you are coming from. I do not have a dog in this fight but I did want to say that anyone can be goaded into an outburst. You can say the the measure of a person is what it takes to goad them. I know nothing about that in this instance but if I judged everyone by their worst moment I would be a monk in a monastery living under an oath of silence.

10 Jan 2014 16:18 #56 by archer
If it were my spouse who saw the business I had so carefully built, nourished, and sacrificed for, being stolen from me, I doubt he would have been any less angry and vocal. This business is SC's creation, she has poured her heart and soul, and yes money, into it. Her hubby had every reason to go a little ballistic and I certainly won't judge SC's business practices or professional character by the actions or words of her husband, who obviously loves her and was angry on her behalf.

10 Jan 2014 18:08 #57 by Pony Soldier
Now that is a good point. I also think there are two sides to this story.

10 Jan 2014 18:44 #58 by Blazer Bob

towermonkey wrote: Now that is a good point. I also think there are two sides to this story.

Always.

10 Jan 2014 20:13 #59 by jf1acai

archer wrote: If it were my spouse who saw the business I had so carefully built, nourished, and sacrificed for, being stolen from me, I doubt he would have been any less angry and vocal. This business is SC's creation, she has poured her heart and soul, and yes money, into it. Her hubby had every reason to go a little ballistic and I certainly won't judge SC's business practices or professional character by the actions or words of her husband, who obviously loves her and was angry on her behalf.

:yeahthat:

I agree with archer, for once :wink:

IMO, it is sad to see Community Bound, which was supposed to be about providing information to both help and to unite the community, now further dividing the community.

This has now expanded beyond the 285 corridor, and is significantly affecting other areas.

It is way past time to put egos and hurt feelings aside, and consider what is best for the communities involved, as well as the businesses involved.

We are facing ever increasing fire danger, and need to be working together to help protect lives and properties, rather than fighting among ourselves.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jan 2014 08:50 #60 by Venturer
You know when I first came to this website, it was because I thought it was reasonably decent, but SC and her very creepy husband if you have bothered to read The Ring or have read any of his other posts in heated discussion have taught me differently.

I gave SC credit for having a logical scientific mind and that should bode well in business. She doesn't and her business saavy shows it. That's not to say the other unprofessional is any better.

Airing your dirty laundry is the worst form of business. Do you really think businesses will come or people are going to jump at the chance to endorse other businesses on this site when it is so scummy. YOU MAKE PINECAM LOOK GOOD!

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds