R.I.P. Robin Williams

14 Aug 2014 14:46 #41 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams
I love all these people second guessing the reasons. I saw one report that he was sick of having to take crap movie roles because he owed alimony to two ex-wives. It might have been one thing, it might have been the one straw that broke the camel's back.

We no longer have Robin Williams to entertain us, but it is great that he left us such a large catalog of material to enjoy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2014 15:26 #42 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams

Reverend Revelant wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:
[snip]

I will admit that I don't know if Williams was cognizant of what he was doing to himself either as a result of his pain or the result of medicating (legally or otherwise) that pain.

[snip]

Then you admit that you cannot know if his suicide was a "selfish choice." Can you? So why would you say it was a "selfish choice?"

If you can show where I said that Williams' choice was a selfish one I will answer that question. Not how you (incorrectly) interpreted what I wrote, but where I wrote that the choice was a selfish one. If you can do that, which you can't because I never did, then I will answer your question.

Since I never wrote that, would you like to ask a question regarding what I did write?

14 Aug 2014 15:35 #43 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams
So NOW that we know a small sense of why...the question I would like to ask is this..In KNOWING the timing
of your demise, would you join "The Hemlock Society"? Would you enlist their assistance in CONTROLLING your fate?

15 Aug 2014 09:21 #44 by MountainRoadCrew

16 Aug 2014 08:54 #45 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams
I have never considered Robin Williams as funny. I cannot think of one joke of his that even brought a smile to my face.

His acting in some movies was very good. I think that he will be remembered in coming decades as a very good actor.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds