R.I.P. Robin Williams

11 Aug 2014 17:11 #1 by ScienceChic
One of the funniest (IMO) comedians and gifted actors of all time.

Favorite movie of his? Good morning Vietnam.

Robin Williams dead at 63
By Nicole Sperling on Aug 11, 2014

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2014 17:11 #2 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams
A shocking loss of a comedian/actor far too young.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

11 Aug 2014 17:13 #3 by mountaindollar
How sad the news is reporting that apparently he took his own life.

11 Aug 2014 17:22 #4 by MountainRoadCrew
Merged two identical threads together

11 Aug 2014 17:33 #5 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

11 Aug 2014 17:43 #6 by otisptoadwater
What a horrible loss. I know Robin Williams had a long history of emotional problems and a long bout with alcoholism. It's very sad to see a man who was so good at his craft and so successful in his industry apparently take his own life. My prayers go out to those who survive him, he was an exceptional talent and he will be greatly missed.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Aug 2014 17:58 #7 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams
On a bit brighter note, the afterlife just got a whole lot funnier.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

11 Aug 2014 18:53 #8 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams

11 Aug 2014 19:08 #9 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic R.I.P. Robin Williams

HEARTLESS wrote: On a bit brighter note, the afterlife just got a whole lot funnier.

PICTURE IT NOW......Johnathan Winters and Robin Williams "out there" "riffing"with each other...MANNO,
makes you want to "see the other side" just for a day....

My most fondest memory was watching two hours of his "riffing" and teaching acting students on INSIDE
THE ACTORS STUDIO.....it was beautiful to behold.

11 Aug 2014 20:58 - 11 Aug 2014 21:38 #10 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds