Question...So when does this site "go public?" etc.

15 May 2010 09:02 #21 by The Viking

bandbvh wrote: hmmmm. Actually, my thoughts are that everyone should have an invite. One of the things that has impressed me about this site is that differences seem to be celebrated here. The makeup of everyone here so far is pretty diverse.
My hope for this site is that we try to express ourselves in an adult civil manner. To treat people who disagree with respect. If those folks you mentioned above can do that then why not invite them.

I know. I was just kiddiing. I would love to see everyone over here. In fact when the time comes, I wouldn't mind inviting a few of those with whom had major disagreements with my political views. Kind of an olive branch to start fresh.

I like this pace of adding a few close friends each day while they are working out all the bugs and getting input and adding new features. I really do hope when everyone with opposing views on topics join this site that it stays just as civil as it is with the small number that are here now. This has been such a pleasant change to speak with actual adult acting people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2010 09:06 #22 by CC
I agree with the pace of adding new members. Gives us a chance to get to know people a little better.
35 members already. That is awesome.

15 May 2010 10:24 #23 by pacamom
You can generate a lot of interest if you put the link in your signature (of course that would only work for those not banned elsewhere). :Whistle

15 May 2010 10:52 #24 by Sunshine Girl
Who are we kidding here. The head people I'm sure already have known about this site for awhile now. I like Paca's idea. If I weren't banned I would put a thread up. I also like what Becky said. When people trickle in it gives everyone a much better opportunity to get to know each other. imo

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

15 May 2010 11:02 #25 by The Viking

Rockdocs Sunshine Girl wrote: Who are we kidding here. The head people I'm sure already have known about this site for awhile now. I like Paca's idea. If I weren't banned I would put a thread up. I also like what Becky said. When people trickle in it gives everyone a much better opportunity to get to know each other. imo

Why would you want to put a thread up on that other site if you like the way it is working and people trickling in? Just invite in a few you like. I just did. I really do like getting to know the people better on here.

15 May 2010 12:05 #26 by Sunshine Girl
I was kinda kidding. I like the slow and easy kinda way best myself. Why rush a good thing? How was the pork?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

15 May 2010 23:24 #27 by The Viking
It was posted on Facebook so it isn't under the radar anyomore. And this person has many friends on PC so it will really start to take off now. Here we go! This will be fun!

15 May 2010 23:35 #28 by chocolove
Sorry guys! When I posted on Facebook it was because my invitation had the share link on it and I didn't know it wasn't public yet. I was going to remove the share but then someone posted on it. Viking, Nice that you think I have a lot of friends on PC but most of my good, real friends have been banned so I barely even read or post there anymore other than basic information. Viking, you do know who I am btw!

15 May 2010 23:41 - 16 May 2010 00:43 #29 by The Viking

chocolove wrote: Sorry guys! When I posted on Facebook it was because my invitation had the share link on it and I didn't know it wasn't public yet. I was going to remove the share but then someone posted on it. Viking, Nice that you think I have a lot of friends on PC but most of my good, real friends have been banned so I barely even read or post there anymore other than basic information. Viking, you do know who I am btw!

Yes I know who you are and I am not saying it is bad at all. Sorry if I at all made it sound like that. Just letting them know that we may be getting many more posters soon. It was going to happen anyway. It will be good. I am looking forward to this site growing. I just know who a couple of your friends are on FB who can see your post. They will defintiely be interested in this. Curious to see if they sign on and it will be interesting to see what they say. I am going to see a few of them at breakfast tomorrow. It will be fun to talk about if they bring it up. This site is something to be proud of up here.

And I am glad you are on here BTW.

15 May 2010 23:44 #30 by The Viking
I have been wanting to tell a lot of my friends anyway. This site is a diamond in the rough up here.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds