What are you all doing for Thanksgiving?

22 Nov 2010 21:33 #11 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: I can top all of you...My kids, their boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wifes and our grandkids are all coming over for the entire weekend.
Saturday: Prime Rib, Goose and Lobster Tails
Sunday: A smoked Turkey, Baked Turky, Fried Turkey and a smoked ham with all the trimmings, and I do mean ALL the trimmings..
And I have hundreds of dollars worth of Crab n Lobster dips, Crackers, Chips, and literally dozens of apitizers of all kinds..A case of Dogfishead 120, A case of Dead Guy Ale and 18 miller lights, not to mention my wifes secret (don't ask) holiday punch...

Sorry but Kresspin having their famiy volunteer at the Salvation Army tops all of that by a mile!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2010 21:35 #12 by The Viking

kresspin wrote: My family is volunteering to serve at the Salvation Army. We'll have our feast on Friday!

Where do you go and can they use more volunteers?

23 Nov 2010 03:07 #13 by Local_Historian
Huh. Never realized Thanksgiving was a game of oneupmanship.

My parents are coming up, the kids are here, invited a single mom and her daughter to come since work doesn't allow time for travel, and son's master sargeant, since he may not be allowed travel time either. My sister will be doing similar at her house - again, work doesn;t allow time for travel, but they open their home to whomever wants to come for the meal.

Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc - dad said something about doing shrimp to mix it up a bit this year. We'll pin it down tomorrow.

23 Nov 2010 07:38 #14 by 2wlady
DH and I are spending a quiet day at home. Getting turkey dinner from KS.

DH leaves to visit his 90+ yr old folks on 12/8.

I leave 12/25 to visit my 89 yr old Mom and son and family.

I don't like to travel at Thanksgiving.

23 Nov 2010 07:43 #15 by CC
My son is flying in and we are all having Thanksgiving dinner at my daughters first home of her own. It's pot luck and we are all bringing something to share.
Anyone who doesn't have somewhere to go is welcome and now part of the family.
Ask JMC for his cranberry sauce recipe. I can't wait to try it.

23 Nov 2010 10:18 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What are you all doing for Thanksgiving?

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I can top all of you...My kids, their boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wifes and our grandkids are all coming over for the entire weekend.
Sunday: A smoked Turkey, Baked Turky, Fried Turkey and a smoked ham with all the trimmings, and I do mean ALL the trimmings..
And I have hundreds of dollars worth of Crab n Lobster dips, Crackers, Chips, and literally dozens of apitizers of all kinds..A case of Dogfishead 120, A case of Dead Guy Ale and 18 miller lights, not to mention my wifes secret (don't ask) holiday punch...

Sorry but Kresspin having their famiy volunteer at the Salvation Army tops all of that by a mile!

incredibly boring and he's probably only doing it so he can be a "hero"....

23 Nov 2010 10:39 #17 by lil precious

Sigh....... Turkey with dressing, Corndogs, green bean casserole, a box of white wine.
Shhhhh here is the “secret” holiday punch recipe: Hawaiian punch, Sprite, and vodka.

Not everyone at the table gets to drink the punch or the wine, :wink: :wink:

23 Nov 2010 11:48 #18 by Local_Historian

CinnamonGirl wrote: Going to my daughter's inlaws. I am cooking a 22 pound Turkey and I somehow have to get it over there. Never done that before. It is not far away but still. I can just see the turkey falling on the car floor or something.

I would love to see some recipes. I will post my pumpkin ice cream pie tomorrow. I am watching the broncos game.

Great thread.

My dad makes the roast every christmas at his house and brings it up here - what he does it cook the thing mostly done, then wrap it in foil and stick it in a large cooler to bring it up. Then he puts it back int he overn for about an hour, and tada - great roast.

the cooler trick is wortha try if you have or can borrow a large one.

23 Nov 2010 11:50 #19 by Local_Historian

lil precious wrote:

Sigh....... Turkey with dressing, Corndogs, green bean casserole, a box of white wine.
Shhhhh here is the “secret” holiday punch recipe: Hawaiian punch, Sprite, and vodka.

Not everyone at the table gets to drink the punch or the wine, :wink: :wink:

friend of mine used to make a similar punch - orange juice, sprite, cheap champagne. pretty good stuff.

23 Nov 2010 11:51 #20 by Local_Historian
sad that VL finds helping other people to be "Boring". Hope he remembers that when he needs it himself someday, and can't find any help, because everyone thinks it is too "boring" to help him - including his own kids.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds