What are you all doing for Thanksgiving?

24 Nov 2010 17:18 #41 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What are you all doing for Thanksgiving?

Local_Historian wrote: Nice try, VL. Lots of people do things for others because their parents taught them it is the right thing to do, and the ONLY gain they get is feeling good

Like I said, they do it so they can feel good. It's self serving

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2010 17:27 #42 by daisypusher

Vice Lord wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Nice try, VL. Lots of people do things for others because their parents taught them it is the right thing to do, and the ONLY gain they get is feeling good

Like I said, they do it so they can feel good. It's self serving

I have to agree with VL here. Doing the right thing, giving and being a real human being should have no motivation from feeling good.

24 Nov 2010 17:36 #43 by UNDER MODERATION
Heres what Viking is doing..99cents

24 Nov 2010 17:42 #44 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: Heres what Viking is doing..99cents

I love those dinners!! :thumbsup:

Isn't eating a turkey dinner like cannibalism for you?

24 Nov 2010 17:57 #45 by UNDER MODERATION
THATS IT!!!!!!!!

24 Nov 2010 18:09 #46 by Local_Historian
that's it? He was right, you're a cannibal?

Daisy - really? name me something you did for someone else as a "human being' that you had no emotional response about or during whatsoever. You can't, that IS part of being a human being.

24 Nov 2010 18:20 #47 by daisypusher
Anyone who talks about how good it feels to help people is on par with people who attempt to modify their behavior to "go to heaven". Either a person is/believes and acts accordingly or they are functioning on the level of Pavlov's dogs.

24 Nov 2010 18:29 #48 by UNDER MODERATION

daisypusher wrote: Anyone who talks about how good it feels to help people is on par with people who attempt to modify their behavior to "go to heaven". Either a person is/believes and acts accordingly or they are functioning on the level of Pavlov's dogs.

Exactly..Using thier logic..... pot smokers are "hero's"

24 Nov 2010 18:32 #49 by ScienceChic

daisypusher wrote: I have to agree with VL here. Doing the right thing, giving and being a real human being should have no motivation from feeling good.

I'm pretty sure that it's an automatic response from the brain, assuming that all parts are functioning normally. There are people who deliberately help others in order to increase their own feelings of goodwill, but that's an acceptable form of selfishness because it's not truly selfish - someone else gets helped in return.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Nov 2010 18:35 #50 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote:

daisypusher wrote: I have to agree with VL here. Doing the right thing, giving and being a real human being should have no motivation from feeling good.

I'm pretty sure that it's an automatic response from the brain, assuming that all parts are functioning normally. There are people who deliberately help others in order to increase their own feelings of goodwill, but that's an acceptable form of selfishness because it's not truly selfish - someone else gets helped in return.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein

It is what it is SC, and no amount of scientific double talk is gonna change it. So lets get real- they do it for themselves or whats even lamer, they do it for social acceptance. White is black, and black is white, the heros are cowards, and the cowards are the hero's...

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds