WHAT DID YOU GET!!!!!!!!

26 Dec 2010 21:29 #41 by Local_Historian
Material items -

My mom apparently took my list to heart, because in the stash of Christmas items my dad and I went through was enough yarn for me to make a blanket, and three of the top research books from my list. My spouse did the same thing, getting me sewing items he knows I always lose, a large box of 'safety" eyes for toy making, and other things. My daughter - whose time is exeedingly limited due to her demanding program at college - managed to find time to make everyone a scarf and a hat. My son also gave me some yarn that I asked for to finish a project that I underestimated amount on.

Non Material-

We went to Wyoming for a change of venue, since we usually hold Christmas at my house, and I got to play with and cuddle my 18 month old grand niece, I got to see my nephew and his woman, whom we would not have seen if we'd been here, and I got a family who relearned laughter, joking and fun again in light of the week's tragedy. I got to see my dad smile and laugh, see him with one of his great grandchildren, and see him begin the process of moving on. It was the best present of all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2010 01:07 #42 by Sunshine Girl

Local_Historian wrote: Material items -

My mom apparently took my list to heart, because in the stash of Christmas items my dad and I went through was enough yarn for me to make a blanket, and three of the top research books from my list. My spouse did the same thing, getting me sewing items he knows I always lose, a large box of 'safety" eyes for toy making, and other things. My daughter - whose time is exeedingly limited due to her demanding program at college - managed to find time to make everyone a scarf and a hat. My son also gave me some yarn that I asked for to finish a project that I underestimated amount on.

Non Material-

We went to Wyoming for a change of venue, since we usually hold Christmas at my house, and I got to play with and cuddle my 18 month old grand niece, I got to see my nephew and his woman, whom we would not have seen if we'd been here, and I got a family who relearned laughter, joking and fun again in light of the week's tragedy. I got to see my dad smile and laugh, see him with one of his great grandchildren, and see him begin the process of moving on. It was the best present of all.

Thank you for sharing this LH. I wish I had your talents!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

27 Dec 2010 02:08 #43 by Sunshine Girl

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

27 Dec 2010 08:57 #44 by lil precious
My snuggle bunny :heart: :heart: got me a 4G I Pad, he has connections. A curise to the great barrier reef, a walking tour of New Zealand, and a month in Tahiti, I’ll be sure and send pictures.

27 Dec 2010 09:03 #45 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic WHAT DID YOU GET!!!!!!!!

27 Dec 2010 09:10 #46 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic WHAT DID YOU GET!!!!!!!!
I got to watch my 3 grands (teen and pre-teen) celebrate their first Christmas. Spent the day with all 5 grands and their parents for the first time ever. Gramma is a happy camper.

27 Dec 2010 10:40 #47 by Wayne Harrison

conifermtman wrote: I got a new Kindle!

Amazon says Kindle is its top-selling product

Still without giving any numbers, Amazon says the Kindle is its top-selling product not just this holiday season, but across all items the company offers.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gadgets/am ... g-product/

27 Dec 2010 11:29 #48 by Local_Historian

Grady wrote:

Awwww, sweet puppy, Grady! So cute!

SG- I can teach you to crochet - it's easy once you start.

27 Dec 2010 18:31 #49 by Sunshine Girl

Local_Historian wrote:

Grady wrote:

Awwww, sweet puppy, Grady! So cute!

SG- I can teach you to crochet - it's easy once you start.

Is that your new puppy Grady? What's its name?

LH - That sounds great!

27 Dec 2010 18:32 #50 by Sunshine Girl

Mtn Gramma wrote: I got to watch my 3 grands (teen and pre-teen) celebrate their first Christmas. Spent the day with all 5 grands and their parents for the first time ever. Gramma is a happy camper.

Their first Christmas??????

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds