Comment about this site/forum....

09 Jun 2010 21:44 #1 by AspenValley
I am enjoying the energy here, and I think this site has a fair chance of offering a strong alternative to Pinecam.

But.

I am not so much enjoying the rehashing of apparently old grudges dragged here from there and I am not so much enjoying the fairly relentless "inside jokes" and cliquey behavior here, which seems to me to be coming on even thicker than it does on Pinecam.

Even though I've been a longtime and prolific poster on Pinecam, I never really enjoyed or wanted to get too involved in the "clique" stuff and I'm hoping this site isn't just going to be a rehash of all that is wrong over there. But after looking at this site for a couple of weeks and posting for only one, I'm already getting the feeling that this is even more of a "closed society" than Pinecam.

That may not be the intent, but that's what is coming across from the most frequent posters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2010 21:47 #2 by pchistory
:yeahthat: :goodpost: :bravo:

09 Jun 2010 21:49 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Was it the picnic where everyone who posts here was invited or the peacekeeping dinner offered by a 285Bound member to people she's had disagreements with that gave you that "clique" feeling?

09 Jun 2010 21:52 #4 by Rockdoc
Interesting comments. Would you care to elaborate the "Closed society" observations and what you see as clique stuff?

And since you agree PH, please enlighten me.

09 Jun 2010 21:56 #5 by jf1acai
A few threads here have negative aspects (which I think is only to be expected), but the large majority have nothing to do with Pinecam.

From my perspective, of course, YMMV.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jun 2010 21:56 #6 by AspenValley

Wayne Harrison wrote: Was it the picnic where everyone who posts here was invited or the peacekeeping dinner offered by a 285Bound member to people she's had disagreements with that gave you that "clique" feeling?

Actually, you're not far off. I can't imagine myself feeling comfie at a "peacekeeping" dinner over a lot of old baggage I have no part in.

I love making new friends but what I keep hearing here repeatedly isn't about new friends but about old grudges.

But where was the picnic for everyone who posts here mentioned? I'd be up for that!

09 Jun 2010 22:01 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Here's the 7 page discussion it. It's Aug. 14 at Becky's house:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=291 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=291<!-- l -->

09 Jun 2010 22:03 #8 by AspenValley

Wayne Harrison wrote: Here's the 7 page discussion it. It's Aug. 15 at Becky's house:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=291 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=291<!-- l -->

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea.

Sorry I haven't yet found every thread, I've only been posting here a short ime.

09 Jun 2010 22:05 #9 by Wayne Harrison
It was an idea that came up when this site really started taking off a few weeks ago.. I'm sure there'll be more mentions of it once we get closer.

09 Jun 2010 22:06 #10 by jf1acai
Errr, Aug 14?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds