Comment about this site/forum....

10 Jun 2010 21:15 #51 by Sunshine Girl

The Viking wrote: Do to my pledge, I cannot respond to this post at this time. :biggrin:

:thumbsup: :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 21:16 #52 by Sunshine Girl

TPP wrote: O RIGHT, Poopyhead!

Hi,AV,
:crossed: I hardly ever post, because I'm so shy and keep things to myself, so you'll have no problems from me... :biggrin:

Just who do you think you're fooling? rofllol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

12 Jun 2010 12:16 #53 by benri

AspenValley wrote: I am enjoying the energy here, and I think this site has a fair chance of offering a strong alternative to Pinecam.

But.

I am not so much enjoying the rehashing of apparently old grudges dragged here from there and I am not so much enjoying the fairly relentless "inside jokes" and cliquey behavior here, which seems to me to be coming on even thicker than it does on Pinecam.

Even though I've been a longtime and prolific poster on Pinecam, I never really enjoyed or wanted to get too involved in the "clique" stuff and I'm hoping this site isn't just going to be a rehash of all that is wrong over there. But after looking at this site for a couple of weeks and posting for only one, I'm already getting the feeling that this is even more of a "closed society" than Pinecam.

That may not be the intent, but that's what is coming across from the most frequent posters.

Thanks for speaking up Aspen Valley. As a new resident to the corridor and not a prior member of the other site I just don't find the references to the past relevant since I don't have any history with the jokes & jabs at other sites and members. But, I do understand the need for people to be heard and maybe this too shall pass when people can get it out of their systems and move on to more inclusive fresh topics. In the meantime, I just avoid those threads. I do find the mtn resource info, humor and respectfulness one of the value adds to make this site my homepage.

12 Jun 2010 14:09 #54 by Sunshine Girl

benri wrote:

AspenValley wrote: I am enjoying the energy here, and I think this site has a fair chance of offering a strong alternative to Pinecam.

But.

I am not so much enjoying the rehashing of apparently old grudges dragged here from there and I am not so much enjoying the fairly relentless "inside jokes" and cliquey behavior here, which seems to me to be coming on even thicker than it does on Pinecam.

Even though I've been a longtime and prolific poster on Pinecam, I never really enjoyed or wanted to get too involved in the "clique" stuff and I'm hoping this site isn't just going to be a rehash of all that is wrong over there. But after looking at this site for a couple of weeks and posting for only one, I'm already getting the feeling that this is even more of a "closed society" than Pinecam.

That may not be the intent, but that's what is coming across from the most frequent posters.

Thanks for speaking up Aspen Valley. As a new resident to the corridor and not a prior member of the other site I just don't find the references to the past relevant since I don't have any history with the jokes & jabs at other sites and members. But, I do understand the need for people to be heard and maybe this too shall pass when people can get it out of their systems and move on to more inclusive fresh topics. In the meantime, I just avoid those threads. I do find the mtn resource info, humor and respectfulness one of the value adds to make this site my homepage.

I'm really appreciated AV's post as it reminds us (ok, me :biggrin: ) of others exposure to it and their feelings about it. I sent her a PM also letting her know that I really appreciated her sharing her perspective. "This too shall pass...." Well said. Thanks for sharing your insight as well. :sunshine:

12 Jun 2010 16:58 #55 by Local_Historian

dmcdd wrote:

Local_Historian wrote:

dmcdd wrote: I'm my own clique :biggrin:

And I'm my own grandpa - bet you didn't know I was that skilled, did ya?

You must really get into your history!!!!!!!

Yes I do. Now step away from my time machine!

12 Jun 2010 18:00 #56 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Comment about this site/forum....
FYI-It is a little clique'ish and there are way too many "aren't we great" posts..And it's usually aren't we great for not being like the strangest, most overmoderated, oppresive, censored web site on the internet, PineCam.

Firstly, it ain't that great and secondly if it were, saying it all the time completely negates any greatness.

12 Jun 2010 18:20 #57 by jf1acai

Firstly, it ain't that great and secondly if it were, saying it all the time completely negates any greatness.

Dang, it is hard to resist a softball like that, right over the plate! rofllol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Jun 2010 18:32 #58 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Comment about this site/forum....
A little too much patting ourselves on the back here..Thats all i'm saying

12 Jun 2010 19:09 #59 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote: A little too much patting ourselves on the back here..Thats all i'm saying

Wait a sec - let me get this straight. YOU don't like people patting themselves on the back? :Whistle rofllol rofllol rofllol

Sorry, you've been gone awhile and I just couldn't resist giving you a hard time. :wink:

13 Jun 2010 00:00 #60 by Local_Historian
Pats Vice Lord on the ass - that better?

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds