Comment about this site/forum....

10 Jun 2010 09:08 #31 by Nobody that matters
I'm my own clique :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 09:30 - 10 Jun 2010 10:26 #32 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: A clique is a group that doesn't allow other people in -- very different from a group of friends.

So do we know any groups or sites up here that fit this description?

10 Jun 2010 09:33 #33 by The Viking

LopingAlong wrote: Good post, Joe. I'll try harder with new posters as well. Thanks!

Speaking of which, Sunshine Girl, I am not sure if you were appointed or just kind of took it on, but I love the way you greet everyone and acknowledge them and make them feel welcome here. Great job! :thumbsup:

10 Jun 2010 10:06 #34 by Local_Historian

dmcdd wrote: I'm my own clique :biggrin:

And I'm my own grandpa - bet you didn't know I was that skilled, did ya?

10 Jun 2010 10:10 #35 by jf1acai
:rofl

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Jun 2010 10:18 #36 by jf1acai
Okay, I've gotta add a comment.....

I really enjoy participating in (on?) a site where the vast majority of posts provide good information, civil and thoughtful discussion, and enjoyable interaction.

And of course, there are those that force me to clean off the monitor, which isn't a bad thing either! lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Jun 2010 10:20 #37 by Local_Historian

jf1acai wrote: Okay, I've gotta add a comment.....

I really enjoy participating in (on?) a site where the vast majority of posts provide good information, civil and thoughtful discussion, and enjoyable interaction.

And of course, there are those that force me to clean off the monitor, which isn't a bad thing either! lol

:yeahthat:

10 Jun 2010 10:36 #38 by CC
I was a little surprised by the observations of cliques. I am not saying it isn't a valid observation, I am just saying I had not noticed anything like that here.
I see nics and names that I have not scene in years once again participating in a community forum.
I see old friends coming back together. I see people making new friends and getting to know people they might not have thought they wanted to know in the past.
I have seen some mending of personal hurt feelings over the last month that has not occurred in years. I am not blaming anyone or anything. I just think that for some folks, this is the first time they have had an opportunity to speak their peace. Once spoken....they move on.
I see people who had been adversaries in the past, enjoying each other in the present.
As Wayne said, I think many groups of friends have invited their other friends to join.
I have sat on the outside looking in for a very long time. I usually pick up on really subtle issues pretty quickly. I just have not seen that here.
Once again AspenValley. I am so glad you have joined us. Pick a group of friends and get settled in. We are all going to have a lot of fun here.
(ok, off to work again) dang! PS. Picnic is at my place! Bring a dish!

10 Jun 2010 10:45 #39 by Nobody that matters

Local_Historian wrote:

dmcdd wrote: I'm my own clique :biggrin:

And I'm my own grandpa - bet you didn't know I was that skilled, did ya?

You must really get into your history!!!!!!!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

10 Jun 2010 10:54 - 10 Jun 2010 10:58 #40 by AspenValley
Sorry, ignore, duplicate.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds