Five Things About You

10 Jun 2010 12:13 #11 by RivendaleFarms
AspenValley\n

1. What's your gender and age group?
2. Do you live in the 285 corridor? How long?
3. Favorite sport or reacreational activity? (particpatory not spectator).
4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is?
5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums?

1. Female. 49. And a half.
2. Yup, 20 years.
3. Knitting, reading, hanging out with our furballs (alpacas, dogs, cats, couple resident foxes). More knitting.
4. If I didn't have to go down the hill each morning.
5. Community, friendship, fire/traffic updates.

Great thread, AV - terrific idea! (And please post some pics of your socks in the Leisure Lounge when you can, would love to see some of your projects.)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 12:15 #12 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Five Things About You
OK, copied them...
Give me a break isn't shoveling white-sh*t in the winter and cutting blocking, split & stacking firewood the rest of the time enough? And the other is private. O I do harvest red squirrels, & elk, from the yard.
4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is? LESS FOLKS!!!!
5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums? Why not?

10 Jun 2010 12:34 #13 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic Five Things About You
Male, late 40s

Bailey - 9 years

tie between skiing in winter, camping and hiking in summer and beer drinking not matter the season

4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is?

Less work and chores and more recreational time

5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums? For the heck of it

10 Jun 2010 12:48 #14 by cat30
Replied by cat30 on topic Five Things About You
AspenValley,
I am sorry about the loss of some of your friends. I understand how you feel; I've lost some close friends too. My best friend
died years ago; when that happens there is always a huge hole left in your heart.

"No price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzche
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results"- Winston Churchill

10 Jun 2010 12:53 #15 by FoothillsRealtor
Female, mid 50ies

Bailey - 15 years and loving it, there is no place like this :)

3. Favorite sport or reacreational activity?
yoga, hiking, xc skiing, kayaking, gardening, reading, spending time w my kids/grandkids, friends,

nothing - its absolutely perfect (especially now that the gardening problem is resolved)

5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums?
don't participate as much as I am busy w my careers (FoothillsRealtor = my Real Estate career; Royal Yoga = my yoga studio here in Bailey and teaching at RRCC), but like the gardening forum especially and meeting nice people

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

10 Jun 2010 12:56 #16 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Five Things About You
Female, retired (A lady, past a "certain age", does not reveal certain information)

Evergreen, 18 years

water skiing, horseback riding, archery, though rotator cuff issues have put this on hold.

can't think of anything, it's perfect, well it is as long as we spend the winters in AZ

keeping up with whats happening in the area, a chance to exchange ideas with neighbors, I'm a news/politics junkie and the dog is tired of listening to me, so I hang out on message boards.

10 Jun 2010 12:59 #17 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Five Things About You

archer wrote: I'm a news/politics junkie and the dog is tired of listening to me, so I hang out on message boards.

rofllol

10 Jun 2010 13:00 #18 by Local_Historian

AspenValley wrote: Since this site is so new, it might be fun to post some "get to know each other posts". Here are five fairly random items that might help us learn a little more about each other. Answer as many as you feel comfortable with.

1. 45, female
2. yes - this time, three years. I've lived in the area on and off since 1981
3. Participating? Sitting on the porch.
4. A lot more acreage of my own=no close neighbors.
5. Because I'm an antisocial social being - after work, I'm too tired to go out anywhere. Being on my computer is easy.

10 Jun 2010 13:19 #19 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Five Things About You
Male, AARP keeps sending me crap.
Yes, 11 plus years.
Hunting (just got into archery), fishing, hiking, I do a little geocaching, and I am a knuckle dragger.
Less light pollution, and less summer weekend traffic.
Being part of the community, local events networking, I really need to get out more.

10 Jun 2010 13:29 #20 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Five Things About You
1. Collecting EARLY Soc. Sec. (STILL cannot wrap my mind around that)
2 Lived up here since mid 90's,when Windy Point was STILL a two land hyway (moved from Morrison,native to area)
3. Skiiing in the winter (altho those ole' bones will protest if I do anything more than easy greens and blues) gardening,landscaping,
getting my hands dirty in the summer.
4. Lite rail or fast track up here would have been nice, too truly enjoy the driving scenery instead of fighting the traffic.
5. have my family roots in western slope ranching and these venues/sites remind me of old time "granges" when all would come to gether (living rural is unique and sometime lonely)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds