Five Things About You

10 Jun 2010 13:59 #21 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Five Things About You

AspenValley wrote: Since this site is so new, it might be fun to post some "get to know each other posts". Here are five fairly random items that might help us learn a little more about each other. Answer as many as you feel comfortable with.

1. What's your gender and age group?
2. Do you live in the 285 corridor? How long?
3. Favorite sport or reacreational activity? (particpatory not spectator).
4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is?
5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums?

My compliments to you for such a wonderful thread. I wish I'd thought of something half as good.

1. Male over 60
2. Aspen Park, 4 years
3. Road biking, hiking, snowshoeing, x-country skiing, woodworking, photography, stewarding the land
4. Nothing. I love everything up here.
5. Live up to my motto. Knowledge is nothing unless it is shared. I try share what little I have learned and continue to learn in life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 14:46 #22 by Blue Columbine
female, early 40s (and I'm hanging on to that early part)
Yes, in Conifer for 3 years now, however, I went to high school at Platte Canyon (class of 86') and lived in Woodside from 1981 to 1992.
I have 3 kids and 2 step-kids, so, pretty much their activities take over most of my time (oh yeah, that and my "job"). I LOVE to read, try to exercise regularly, love to fish, go camping, horseback riding (some NATRC activities over the years), "wanna be" gardener, wish I could crochet....
4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is?
This is my home, so there isn't much that could improve it....if I had to say something, I would love a "little fairy" to help me with my flower garden. Trial and error seems to be my "style"
5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums?
local information, I find this invaluable during fires, bad weather, etc. AND it's interesting

10 Jun 2010 15:10 #23 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic Five Things About You
1. What's your gender and age group? Female, over 40, not qualified for AARP (yet)
2. Do you live in the 285 corridor? How long? Yes, since Jan 1, 2007
3. Favorite sport or recreational activity? (participatory not spectator). Zumba & Hiking, waterskiing
4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is? Central A/C
5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums? Information and entertainment

10 Jun 2010 15:51 #24 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Five Things About You
Great idea.....

1. What's your gender and age group? Female (fine, I am 45)
2. Do you live in the 285 corridor? How long? I am a wanna be.. Favorite place in the whole world to camp was Guanella pass (duck creek)
3. Favorite sport or reacreational activity? I like Vollyball, reading, crochet, walking, learning, spectator sports, FISHING, native.
4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is? Less roads and people, or at least people that respected and took care of them.
5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums? Friendship, fun, information. The internet and forums is faster than regular news now days. And way more personal.

10 Jun 2010 16:29 #25 by PhoneGeek
Replied by PhoneGeek on topic Five Things About You
AspenValley\n

Since this site is so new, it might be fun to post some "get to know each other posts". Here are five fairly random items that might help us learn a little more about each other. Answer as many as you feel comfortable with.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
1. Female, mid 40's

2. I've lived in the 285 area for more than 17 years

3. I love horseback riding, camping :camping: , hiking, eating good chocolate :chocolate: , talking on the phone to my mom :callme: , gardening and watching my kids play sports cheering them on :Cheer

4. We get so busy with life I'd like to get together with old/new friends more often. Here are a few fun idea's I'd like to explore, wine club dinners, girls/guys nights out (this could be spa's/hot springs/coffee :coffee-News: for gals and for guys poker/golf :hockey: /baseball, ect..)

5. I like to know what's going on in our wonderful community. I like to know who you can trust when it comes to repairs, ect.. in our business community. I enjoy sharing alternative health idea's. :yinyang:

Oh man I'm having so much fun using new smiles I better quit :biggrin:

10 Jun 2010 17:23 #26 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Five Things About You
:wave:
1. What's your gender and age group? Female, early 50s

2. Do you live in the 285 corridor? How long? Conifer (Richmond Hill) 16 years

3. Favorite sport or reacreational activity? (particpatory not spectator). Boy Scouts (even though my son dropped several years ago), HAM radio (blame jf1acai for that one!), swimming, reading, cross stitch when I have time. I loved watching my daughter play softball and volleyball and now enjoy hanging out and watching my grandson :popcorn: :Koolaid:

4. What one thing would make living in the mountains even better than it already is? Better public transit other than to downtown Denver

5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums? I started when the Pinecam forums started, around the time of High Meadow fire for which we were evacuated, things just kinda grew for me since then ... oh yeah, have to blame jf1acai for a lot of that too :Whistle

10 Jun 2010 17:34 #27 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic Five Things About You
Male, late 40s (for only three more months)

Yes, 18 years

Exploring in the Jeep, photography, fishing.

Less traffic, fewer people, less light pollution, the typical mountain dweller whiny stuff.

Local goings on, friendship, addiction.

10 Jun 2010 17:36 #28 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Five Things About You
:rofl re: Shiloh! lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Jun 2010 18:19 #29 by jdk
Replied by jdk on topic Five Things About You
female 51
Bailey, 14 years
not much time for that but I like to play tennis, basketball and I love to fish
I would like Road and Bridge to have a bigger budget and know how to use it
I love to lurk

10 Jun 2010 18:23 #30 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Five Things About You

jdk wrote: 5. What is your main reason for participating in local online discussion forums?
I love to lurk

I love a fellow lurker!

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds