Female Self Defense: Situational Awareness

27 Mar 2011 13:26 #11 by Mtn Gramma
I love my Lady Smith, but it kicks more than the glock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2011 15:05 #12 by 2wlady
I love my Cheetah Baretta 380. Grip is perfect for my short fingers and it's easy to shoot on target.

27 Mar 2011 15:59 #13 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Female Self Defense: Situational Awareness
I signed up for a CWP so now I just need to decide which gun I want. Doing some research and leaning towards the Lady Smith. Any suggestions?

27 Mar 2011 16:05 #14 by Obam me

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Trouble wrote: Kinda like this one? I'd love to see a headline of how a chick offed a bad guy with a pink gun! Now THAT would be funny!

[youtube:3n3ffxrv]

[/youtube:3n3ffxrv]

Uhh where have you been?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/ar ... -invasion/

Guess I've been busy taking care of my job, working out at the gym, and training for a 10k...thanks for posting!

27 Mar 2011 17:27 #15 by Obam me
Hammerless vs. shrouded hammer?

30 Mar 2011 16:34 #16 by Silent Lucidity
I grew up in a big city and was also taught to be aware of my surroundings at all times. I would encourage all parents to teach their children not to text and walk at the same time. I have watched so many young people doing this and it disturbs me how little they are aware of their surroundings while they are entranced at the phone screen. So much can happen in a very short period of time.

30 Mar 2011 18:35 #17 by Obam me
I agree SL. I think self-awareness is half the battle.

Settled on a S&W shrouded .357. Can hardly wait to get it and start practicing. I've had a .22 for years so I'm anxious to see how I do with this one.

Saw a funny quote today:

...it takes 37 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and only 4 to gently squeeze the trigger!

30 Mar 2011 22:48 #19 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Female Self Defense: Situational Awareness

Trouble wrote: Situational awareness is a key factor in daily survival. Many people do not realize just how vulnerable they are doing a normal activity such as grocery shopping. I see so many people, women in particular, making careless errors that could cost them their life.

You and Nymisis should get together..You could talk and talk for hours about how the whole world is out to get ya..

30 Mar 2011 23:09 #20 by ScienceChic
My college freshman year roommate was from DC and would tell me stories of going clubbing alone from the age of 15 (she was a wild child). I asked her if she ever had any trouble walking those streets alone and she said nope, she just walked like she knew where she was going and with attitude. She said there was one time that some guy started following her, getting a little closer after each block. Finally after a few blocks of walking and not ditching him, she turned around and yelled right at him "What the *$@# do you want?" and he was so startled that he ran off. I had a hard time believing that at some point, someone wouldn't try to get through that little bit of defense she carried in her attitude, but she was a "Don't *$@# with me kind of person", not the friendliest of people, so I could almost see how she could carry it off. Awareness of your surroundings, and your attitude, is definitely the most important part of keeping yourself safe. Unless something happened to me, I don't see myself carrying a weapon though. I bought pepper spray for the first time ever a year and a half ago, only because I was going to start walking my new dog around our neighborhood while pushing my 2 year old in the stroller too and wanted to take extra measures to keep her safe as our mobility was compromised by the stroller (unstrapping and removing children from strollers is not a quick action). Walking a German shepard didn't hurt either!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds