Exciting stuff but also kind of sad… Important Announcement

01 Apr 2011 11:58 #11 by Nmysys
Just kidding!

Congratulations SC!!!!

Hope you don't ban me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Apr 2011 12:02 #12 by jf1acai
Hehehe, he could be the first person ever banned from 285Bound! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 Apr 2011 13:59 #13 by mtnvicky
Thanks and congratulations all the way around !

01 Apr 2011 22:14 #14 by CC
Wow.....what a year.
Congrats to Robyn and Jim. You done good. You kept all of your promises and 285bound has become a wonderful resource and community website.
When I go back to those early days.....I smile when I think about all of the enthusiasm and excitement. Ideas flowed and nothing seemed impossible.
You guys have changed how we all interact with each other.
You allowed a thought or debate to come to it's normal conclusion without interfering or controlling the outcome.
You helped us see that it is OK to disagree and have different opinions.
You did treat the community as a valuable asset to this site and the response has been one of respect and appreciation.
You both know that I personally wish you all the success in the world.
You have become my friends and will always be close to my heart.
I sit here 1200 miles away with a smile and a tear as I know all to painfully well that life has a way of bringing change and we have to change along with it.
I am thankful that you guys gave us all an opportunity to help along the way. I have enjoyed volunteering for you both.
Keep up the great work wherever that leads you. There is some lucky community waiting for your magic.
All my love.
Becky

Science Chic. I just don't think there could have possibly been a better person to take the reigns here. I am at your service any time you need me. The picnic is still on at my Casa in Bailey. You just set the date and we will fire that big BBQ pit up and throw one hell of a party.
It's been a fun ride so far..............

02 Apr 2011 09:26 - 02 Apr 2011 15:44 #15 by Mayhem
How long before that post Fall of Berlin consternation, that the western allies experienced when they realized Stalin wasn't going anywhere, sets in? :lol:

02 Apr 2011 12:47 #16 by kresspin
Back on subject, I think SC will make a terrific owner.

02 Apr 2011 16:59 #17 by outdoor338

02 Apr 2011 21:19 #18 by ScienceChic

Becky wrote: Wow.....what a year.
Congrats to Robyn and Jim. You done good. You kept all of your promises and 285bound has become a wonderful resource and community website.
When I go back to those early days.....I smile when I think about all of the enthusiasm and excitement. Ideas flowed and nothing seemed impossible.
You guys have changed how we all interact with each other.
You allowed a thought or debate to come to it's normal conclusion without interfering or controlling the outcome.
You helped us see that it is OK to disagree and have different opinions.
You did treat the community as a valuable asset to this site and the response has been one of respect and appreciation.
You both know that I personally wish you all the success in the world.
You have become my friends and will always be close to my heart.
I sit here 1200 miles away with a smile and a tear as I know all to painfully well that life has a way of bringing change and we have to change along with it.
I am thankful that you guys gave us all an opportunity to help along the way. I have enjoyed volunteering for you both.
Keep up the great work wherever that leads you. There is some lucky community waiting for your magic.
All my love.
Becky

Science Chic. I just don't think there could have possibly been a better person to take the reigns here. I am at your service any time you need me. The picnic is still on at my Casa in Bailey. You just set the date and we will fire that big BBQ pit up and throw one hell of a party.
It's been a fun ride so far..............

Have I said lately how much you totally ROCK Becky?! :notworthy: :notworthy: What an eloquent post; it brought back some good memories of the early days for me as well.

You are on for the picnic - shall we do it in August again?

kresspin and Outdoor, thank you both!

Babyboy, you're so cute. Whatever. tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2011 21:32 #19 by pineinthegrass
Good luck to all of you in your new ventures!

But don't the bylaws require that the president of 285bound not run it? Conflict of interest?

Time for a new election!

Hey, I kid. Congrats SC! And good luck too!

02 Apr 2011 21:51 #20 by ScienceChic
President and Owner! I see no conflict myself (CG ran for VP), but if there is a significant number of members who wish an early election (we were going to hold it again this fall, and I'd promised not to re-run back when I won), we can certainly do a special early edition. You gonna run pine?! lol

Thanks for the luck, I might need it, but more hours in my day even more!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds