× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

23 Jan 2012 17:38 #781 by ScienceChic
Sorry, yes, you are only one behind. But I thought we were going by fewest losses after that? What did we decide would be the next tie-breaker?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2012 18:03 #782 by LOL

Science Chic wrote: ..What did we decide would be the next tie-breaker?

:lol:

Thats all I am going to say on this matter.

:lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

23 Jan 2012 18:19 #783 by Hoot Owl
Yup Renegade won and I proudly carried the last place banner all year. But I had fun, played every week. Can we do it again next year?

23 Jan 2012 18:30 #784 by LOL
http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

Looks like the open is Patriots (AFC) +3.5 ? NY Giants are favored?
edit- oh never mind, the Patriots are -3.5 on other sites. Covers is screwed up.

Hey Hoot, I think you came out ahead of me.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

23 Jan 2012 19:14 #785 by Hoot Owl

Joe wrote: Hey Hoot, I think you came out ahead of me.

Really? :fireworks4: WOOHOO!!!
You could have been in the parade!

23 Jan 2012 19:42 #786 by RenegadeCJ

Science Chic wrote: Sorry, yes, you are only one behind. But I thought we were going by fewest losses after that? What did we decide would be the next tie-breaker?

I always assumed wins, then go to losses, and if there is still a tie at that point, do a total points on Superbowl.

If you don't want to do that Viking, I'm fine with ignoring losses, and picking a total points on the Superbowl to give you a shot at winning! I do this just for fun...being the "champ" carries no weight for me. I've had fun all season!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

24 Jan 2012 09:51 #787 by TPP
AS I said eariler, NYGiants will win the Super Bowl! They will take NE off guard, because NE believe they CAN'T be Beat. We'll see.

24 Jan 2012 13:10 #788 by Rockdoc
Don't agree with that assessment TTP. I think NE will have plenty of respect for the Giants and it wills serve as real motivation for Brady. NE knows they are beatable. The last game demonstrated it. They were fortunate to escape overtime. My sense of things is that the Giants are very confident in beating NE, perhaps more so than vice versa. I expect it will be a dog fight with a field goal in OT determining the outcome.

24 Jan 2012 15:12 #789 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Sorry, yes, you are only one behind. But I thought we were going by fewest losses after that? What did we decide would be the next tie-breaker?

I always assumed wins, then go to losses, and if there is still a tie at that point, do a total points on Superbowl.

If you don't want to do that Viking, I'm fine with ignoring losses, and picking a total points on the Superbowl to give you a shot at winning! I do this just for fun...being the "champ" carries no weight for me. I've had fun all season!!

It's up to you. If you want to keep it interesting for one more week, I will let you pick first and take the opposite team. We can pick points. I can't find the original thread with the rules we decided on for the tiebreaker. I know there was a huge discussion on whether loses count or not but I can't remember what we decided. Can anyone post it? And I can't remember last year when VL had a chance to tie me in the Supoerbowl, if we went by points or not.

And if you want to go by loses we can call you the winner but still try and finish out the season and see how close people are on points for fun.

25 Jan 2012 21:08 #790 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.
bickering over rules till the very end...

You guys coulda been playin for something if you all weren't like this

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds