× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

10 Oct 2013 06:03 #341 by RenegadeCJ

Big Dougy wrote: The "mobile" opening line are the same as the "Desktop" opening lines which are the same as the OPENING LINES ALL OVER THE WORLD! He's locking into midweek odds whenever he wants to- Its an avantage- I'll concede that he's probably too stupid to know it, but he could figure it out at anytime

Why i'm I playing this game? I'm on a completely different level here

Actually, they aren't. Always used to be, until a couple of weeks ago. Maybe someone hacked them...who knows.

And yes...you are on a completely different level. Why aren't you winning?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Oct 2013 06:48 #342 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Big Dougy wrote: "Mobile lines" what does that mean? The moble lines when?

Geez, calm down Einstein. Mobile doesn't mean the open points move, the WEB site is designed for mobile devices like dumb phones, etc. LOL

Probably the Covers "mobile" site uses a different group of sports books with more consistent data. You can click on the points and see the bookmaker list. I think the carbonsports.ag offshore site was the one with bogus data, and the mobile site doesn't list that bookie. JMO

Stop trying to make everything into a scam, everyone else gets this. :idea:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Oct 2013 08:43 #343 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

RenegadeCJ wrote: And even if I had some way of making an "advantage" (not sure how you would since we all go by the odds I put on the pick 3 thread), we all use the same one. Nobody even has to go to the cover's mobile site...just look at the odds here. They are fixed.

Ok...Say you like the Bears vs the Packers and I like the Packers over the Bears...The line opens at -4 Bears...But on Tuesday the Bears are waffeling between -3 and -3 1/2...You Rene' ,can lock it in during the few hours thats it -3, then I'm stuck with +3 instead of +3 1/2 or 4..Big Difference... Money is involved here so the opening lines are the same wherever you go from Ceasers in Vegas to back room betting in Phuket...If you see that the "opening lines" are different on the moble site, then they aren't the real opening lines..The lines are bet on and adjusted all week to attract 50% bet on each team so the book makes his 10%...Thats why the line moves..Heavy hitters will bet a million on a game so the book has to attract a million on the other side to even it out by making the line more attractive to the opositions betters...

You are deciding the line by when you look at it and lock it in

If you insist on picked over lines, I say lock in @Tuesday 8am- Thats fair and you can't minipulate it, but now we all have to check it at @Tuesday 8am to see if youre posting the correct odds.. when before we could all see the openers whenever we wanted to look at the games.. Thats why we were doing it that way I thought-

You know, in a contest like this...you make rules at the beggining, and you stay with them..If a book changed things up every week nobody would ever use him..If a race track changed the rules all the time nobody would ever go to the track...Its called Trust and I don't have any in the neophytes running this contest

#NOMORELOOPHOLES!

10 Oct 2013 08:59 #344 by UNDER MODERATION
Its like you selling stock and your broker sells it at 10am for 50/share, then later in the day he sees it went down to 40/share so he gives you 40 share and keeps the other 10/share...

I'm not willing to give Rene' that kind of power...You guys are just so nieve to see what he's doing can give him an advantage...No more loop holes. Books do this all the time- They see a bad line and buy a lot of it and then give the game to their customers using the current line therby giving them a chance to collect both ways..

10 Oct 2013 09:49 #345 by Blondie
How does this work for you Big Dougy, you pick whatever line you want, post it and play it? Your stats will be noted with an * In other words, you are not competing with us. But WE know you are SPECIAL. We always let the special kids play.

10 Oct 2013 10:39 #346 by UNDER MODERATION

Blondie wrote: How does this work for you Big Dougy, you pick whatever line you want, post it and play it? Your stats will be noted with an * In other words, you are not competing with us. But WE know you are SPECIAL. We always let the special kids play.

Yeah, thats what I want? You make up my position then agrue against it? Youre absurd

No, Blondie..It's real simple...I just want to play by the rule, the Number #1 Rule

Science Chic wrote: Here are the rules.

1) Pick 5 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change. http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

10 Oct 2013 10:42 #347 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
BFD. The covers site is wacked this week. Broncos -7 when every other site has them at -26?

The rules can be changed if it makes sense and everyone with a brain agrees. Geez

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Oct 2013 11:04 #348 by UNDER MODERATION
So quit crying, pick Broncos and take the free win..

10 Oct 2013 14:11 #349 by RenegadeCJ

Big Dougy wrote: Its like you selling stock and your broker sells it at 10am for 50/share, then later in the day he sees it went down to 40/share so he gives you 40 share and keeps the other 10/share...

I'm not willing to give Rene' that kind of power...You guys are just so nieve to see what he's doing can give him an advantage...No more loop holes. Books do this all the time- They see a bad line and buy a lot of it and then give the game to their customers using the current line therby giving them a chance to collect both ways..

No, it's not. The mobile covers site "OPEN" lines never change.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

10 Oct 2013 15:58 #350 by UNDER MODERATION
SC, why is some christian right wing Ned Flanders type guy dictating the rules to a gambling contest that I started 3 years ago..? This guys an expert on whats going on at the Hillbilly baptist church this weekend while i've been in "the busness" since 1973. He doesn't know what he's doing

You can see me at 1:43 on the inside rail- I had $2 on Big Red

[youtube:202amwo6]
[/youtube:202amwo6]

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds