× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

11 Oct 2013 09:04 #371 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

LOL wrote:

LOL wrote: I was thinking of going with the the cow town bears tonight, they should be able to handle the 0-5 Giants at home?

Yay Chicago! Congrats to all who took my brilliant advice! You heard it here first! :)

They did'nt cover you idiot

But did you see Brandon Jacobs! He was washing cars a few weeks ago, but don't call it a comeback!

CHA CHING!

[youtube:2rq3i0ax]
[/youtube:2rq3i0ax]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2013 09:09 #372 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
Chicago was -3.5 and they won by 6. mr. big time sports gambler
:woo hoo:

Just bumping these forward 5 pages so they are easier to find.

LOL wrote: I say we should use the same spreads as pick-3 (mobile covers site) The regular spreads on covers are wacko again.

EVERYONE AGREE?

RenegadeCJ wrote: Week 6 Opening Spreads Mobile (We are using the mobile lines for the rest of the season).
http://m.covers.com/Odds/NFL/

Thursday, Oct 10
NY Giants +3.5 @ Chicago

Sunday, Oct 13
Green Bay -3@ Baltimore
Philly -1 @ Tampa Bay
Pitts -2 @ NY Jets
Carolina +2 @ Minnesota
Oakland +10 @ KC
St Louis +7 @ Houston
Cincy -3.5 @ Buffalo
Detroit -1.5 @ Cleveland
Tennessee +13.5 @ Seattle
Jacksonville +26 @ Denver
New Orleans +6 @ New England
Arizona +11.5 @ San Francisco
Washington +3 @ Dallas

Monday Oct 14
Indy +1.5 @ San Diego

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Oct 2013 13:17 #373 by UNDER MODERATION
Oh really..Great...It opened at -9 and was -7.5 at game time..Thats why I loaded up on Brandon Jacobs over 40 Rushing yards and San Diego State -6 (greatest late game cover ever!)

....There's no where in the world you coulda actually bet the Bears at -3 1/2, and I started this picks ATS contest a few years ago to see who could actually make money picking games, but SC doesn't get it, and she put Ned Flanders in charge, (and he didn't like those odds) so...The contest has no meaning, the entire purpose of it has been defeated

:coffee-News: ..I'll take the contest win though

11 Oct 2013 14:15 #374 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote: Yes you are SOOOO on a different level that you have not yet won one of these contests. All bow to Mr Mediocre! :bash :bash :bash

Well, lets see..I only played in one and was tied for first place on the morning of the Super Bowl and let the other "guy" pick first and promised to go with the other team so the contest could be decided- and that other "guy" picked the team I bet on in the game...

In otherr words

I let you win Viqueen

LMAO!!! You lost! You never let me win! We both sent in our picks to a third party. Stop lying. And you lost or quit because you were losing so bad the other times you played too.

Post a link...I can

11 Oct 2013 14:35 #375 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
Chargers
bucs
bengals
jets
skins

11 Oct 2013 16:15 #376 by RenegadeCJ

Big Dougy wrote: Oh really..Great...It opened at -9 and was -7.5 at game time..Thats why I loaded up on Brandon Jacobs over 40 Rushing yards and San Diego State -6 (greatest late game cover ever!)

....There's no where in the world you coulda actually bet the Bears at -3 1/2, and I started this picks ATS contest a few years ago to see who could actually make money picking games, but SC doesn't get it, and she put Ned Flanders in charge, (and he didn't like those odds) so...The contest has no meaning, the entire purpose of it has been defeated

I really don't care what the spread is. You were the one who suggested using the open spreads since they never change, even though you couldn't even bet on them.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Oct 2013 16:20 #377 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Oh really..Great...It opened at -9 and was -7.5 at game time..Thats why I loaded up on Brandon Jacobs over 40 Rushing yards and San Diego State -6 (greatest late game cover ever!)

I really don't care what the spread is. You were the one who suggested using the open spreads since they never change, even though you couldn't even bet on them.

How about using the Denver Post current line from Tuesday or Wednesday?

11 Oct 2013 17:03 #378 by RenegadeCJ
Why do we care? As long as someone posts the lines on this thread, we are all using the same point spread.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Oct 2013 17:14 #379 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
This one looks pretty good too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/odds

Whatever one we use- it should have a fixed open and it would be great if the open points are pretty close to the real time points. Not wacko numbers that have appeared on covers recently. Covers is just a contest site and data collector. They are not a bookmaker.

We could also use one of the major Vegas sites for data.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Oct 2013 18:03 #380 by UNDER MODERATION

RenegadeCJ wrote: Why do we care? As long as someone posts the lines on this thread, we are all using the same point spread.

I explained that already....Since the lines are ever changing you could pick the lines that our favorable to your picks..How about I post the lines then, we'll all use the same ones Rene'?

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds