× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Favre is coming back and The Vikings will be favorites again

18 Aug 2010 16:11 #11 by Photo-fish
Defenses around the league will be foaming at the mouth to get ONE hit on Brett's "ankle", then he will wish he had just left Minnesnowta for good.

Viking(s) need(s) get over it already. Would you rather have an aging QB who is physically starting to break down; or a young healthy QB, who's stock is on the rise and should have 10 years of top flight QB performance's ahead of him. One thing that people seem to forget, Brett can not win the big game. Since beating the Patriots back when he was a young buck, Brett has chocked time after time due to his bone headed plays. When the chips are down, Farve will find some way to lose and not win the game. This my friend comes from a Packer and Brett Farve fan.

I wouldn't place too much stock in Favre at this point. He single-handedly prevented the Vikes from beating the Saints during last year's playoffs. All he had to do was hold on to the football, but instead he made a rookie mistake.

Go Pack!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2010 17:47 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Photo you almost had me until I saw that you are a GB groupie.

18 Aug 2010 18:06 #13 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: Photo you almost had me until I saw that you are a GB groupie.

And a Packer Shareholder too. :Whistle

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

18 Aug 2010 18:14 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Oh yeah, how impressive. LOL

So, you should be bitching about what management did to your team. Green Bay did this whole thing. They tried to push Favre out in March because of their new QB. If they had just let him decide when he wanted your guys would have been better off. They did not manage him right. You don't do that to a franchise QB like Favre. IF Elway called Bowlen tomorrow and said I want to play this year he could.

They pushed him and now this happened. I wanted Favre to go in and get The Vikings their first SB win ever with Favre. GB deserves it. It would have been better last year but I would love it. The problem is, it is petty unlikely. And WTH is Favre doing retiring right before (or during) training camp. Both teams are dumb as rocks. Or chocolate. My friend always says that. LOL

18 Aug 2010 18:30 #15 by Photo-fish

let him decide when he wanted

LOL And what if he didn't want to? When was he sposed to say? Sorry, Packers had a team to build

No, he was a baby in the end at GB and then for NY Jets. Packer fans don't miss him at all and are losing respect for him every season he does this. At least make him try-out with the rest of the QBs. If he is in it for "the love of the game" like he always says, then he should want to be at all the practices with the veterans and the rookies. But when you start throwing more money at him it is obviously not as much "love of the game. Princess Favre...

18 Aug 2010 18:41 #16 by CinnamonGirl
WTH??????????????????? He is a franchise QB you let him do what he wants. Now, yes he is being a baby and he probably did this kind of like a 'Tin Cup' thing. He can do commercials for the rest of his life because of it, but GB had their part in this. They look just as stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Aug 2010 19:01 #17 by The Viking
12-4 or 13-3 and making it to the NFC championship game again at least. It will all come down to the choke factor with Farve and Peterson again if they make it to the SB and win it. Still better than a 9-7 or 10-6 team without him.

18 Aug 2010 21:30 #18 by ScienceChic
I predict Favre will have the first injury of his career that snaps his consecutive game streak - he's gettin old and not conditioning as hard as he used to.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Aug 2010 21:47 #19 by conifermtman
I guess I'm a Vikings fan again this season. Go Farve!

19 Aug 2010 12:35 #20 by Photo-fish
I will still cheer for Favre (and maybe the Vikings too). Just not against the Packers. Ever. Or against a team that may directly diminish the Packs chance at a playoff.

Viking, keep October 24 and November 21 open. We will have to meet up someplace to enjoy the game and a few beers together. I'll bring the cheese.

CG you're obviously a Packer hater (jk) but you could join.

CMM, I thought you were out of Millwaukee? TRAITOR! :wink:

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds