× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Favre is coming back and The Vikings will be favorites again

09 Sep 2010 15:10 #41 by JMC
Minnesota will win tonight (I think) but Green Bay is the team to beat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2010 15:13 #42 by Photo-fish
:yeahthat: Except for the Minnesota winning part.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

09 Sep 2010 21:54 #43 by Martin Ent Inc
UH, didn't quite work out.

09 Sep 2010 23:09 #44 by The Viking
I didn't have a good feeling about tonight. That is why I pulled Favre from my fantasy team. I was very encouraged by their defense though. To hold an offense like that to only 7 points after the first drive with an injured and not very deep secondary was pretty good. When Griffin comes back next week, it will help tremendously at the secondary. And other than the one drive, the run defense looked great. Favre looked pretty good but needs some work. And he really needs his go to big play reciever Rice, who won't be back till week 9. If we can go 5-3 or 6-2 till then, we may have a chance to finish 12-4 again.

10 Sep 2010 08:37 #45 by Photo-fish
This is what happens when a "franchise" QB skips training camp. I didn't get to watch the whole game but from what I saw he just did OK. I didn't understand the Saints offense of not running at all in the first half and then most of the 2nd. The 2 shanked FGs almost allowed a Viking win. Vike D was good allowing the Saints to score on just the opening drive of each half. Not really a barn burner.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Sep 2010 09:05 #46 by ScienceChic
They didn't have to run in the first half - Brees was picking their secondary apart.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Sep 2010 09:33 #47 by ScienceChic
This is a little late, but last night on FB feeds, The Onion was doing a running analysis of the game - it was hilarious!
The headlines:
The Onion: We will be providing analysis throughout tonight's NFL kickoff game between the New Orleans Saints and the Minnesota Vikings
473 people liked, 131 commented

The Onion: ‎Minnesota Vikings Advice: Defense should beware Sean Payton's tricks, such as out-coaching lesser opponents http://onion.com/bOrhvT
584 people liked, 68 people commented

The Onion: After falling behind 7-0, the Minnesota Vikings still have unanswered questions in the secondary, such as "What's a cornerback?" and "Who was supposed to cover that guy?"
2,033 people liked, 166 commented

The Onion: Drew Brees should take out the Lombardi trophy, hold it high above his head, and slam it to the turf so the Minnesota Vikings know he doesn't give a f^#@ about anything.
2,843 people liked, 243 commented

The Onion: Key Question: Can the Saints play well enough to reinvigorate the job outlook and restore industry to a broken and defeated New Orleans?
667 people liked, 266 commented

The Onion: Except for Matt, John, and Rick, Minnesota Vikings fans are pretty much ignorant, petulant bandwagoner
974 people liked, 363 commented

The Onion: ‎Minnesota Vikings Advice: If there was ever a time to intimidate a team by throwing a bunch of oil-soaked birds onto the 50-yard line, it is now.
2,108 people liked, 305 people commented

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Sep 2010 14:22 #48 by Photo-fish

19 Sep 2010 20:01 #49 by UNDER MODERATION
All I see in my rear view mirror is a little purple dot...Mu ha ha ha ha ha

19 Sep 2010 21:59 #50 by The Viking
They will pick up Vincent Jackson this Wed. and that will help. They will still end up winning 10+ games and make it as a wildcard then we will see how they do with all their players back. Two top CB's out and their top and only real reciever. He has no one to throw to. He has passed to basically Harvin and the TE for two straight games. That is all he has right now. So I am curious to see how he does when he has targets to throw to. I hope a lot better. It has to be tough to look downfield and see 2 guys double covered and stand there and wait to be rushed or sacked. I think they will be alright once they have one more reciever. Our defence still looks good even without our top 2 corners. We have held each team to only 14 points. We could have won today had they kicked the two feild goals rather than going for it on 4th both times. Plus the last drive was an easy FG even if we only would have hit one of them. CG is right, it was horrible play calling. Ready for a new coach.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds