× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Favre is coming back and The Vikings will be favorites again

18 Aug 2010 11:16 - 18 Aug 2010 21:54 #1 by The Viking
Favre flew into Minnesota and said their will be an announcement today or tomorrow and he was practicing with the team today. Ryan Longwell said that after flying to meet with him that it is a yes! Plus he sent a text to his brother in law that he is going black to play another year. Top defense, top O-line, one of the top running backs, two fantstic recievers and now Farve. They are at least a 12 win team again this year and they won't choke this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=5473664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2010 11:25 #2 by CinnamonGirl
His 'I am retiring tactic' is getting old just like him. It makes him look like he is not professional. Why the hell weren't the Vikings looking for a good QB last year. He is playing on artificial too. The last place and old person should be playing.

The Vikings should have a young good QB waiting in the wings and use Farve to teach the new QB.

18 Aug 2010 12:41 #3 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: His 'I am retiring tactic' is getting old just like him. It makes him look like he is not professional. Why the hell weren't the Vikings looking for a good QB last year. He is playing on artificial too. The last place and old person should be playing.

The Vikings should have a young good QB waiting in the wings and use Farve to teach the new QB.

I agree that they should invest in a young or good experienced quarterback as back up. I didn't see this as a retiring 'tactic' this year. It was all about his ankle. And although they said it is 'ok' to play on now, it still is not 100%. I think had he not had that injury at the end of last year there would have been no question of his return and he would have been at training camp on day one. But he did use the ankle to get a little extra money and I won't hold that against him.

18 Aug 2010 12:45 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Either you are retiring or you are not. Now the last retirements maybe but this one?? Sorry I am not buying it this time. When he was crying and could not let go, maybe.

If it was not a tactic than he would have done it all privately. He is looking like an idiot. He is just using it for his image now.

The Vikings are stupid if they don't get their next QB in there now for next year. I doubt Favre is going to get through the year and he is now considered a choker in the playoffs.

18 Aug 2010 12:48 #5 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Either you are retiring or you are not. Now the last retirements maybe but this one?? Sorry I am not buying it this time. When he was crying and could not let go, maybe.

If it was not a tactic than he would have done it all privately. He is looking like an idiot. He is just using it for his image now.

The Vikings are stupid if they don't get their next QB in there now for next year. I doubt Favre is going to get through the year and he is now considered a choker in the playoffs.

Unfortunately it was Adrian Peterson's fumbles that cost us the playoffs last year. And this was never meant to go public. Not sure who started the rumors that he was retiring but he said that he never said it or sent any texts that he supposedly was supoose to have sent that no one can produce.

18 Aug 2010 12:59 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Hey Viking Minnesota has a huge monkey on their back. They have to get serious to get it off. Really, really serious. And not having a backup is another stupid thing. They have this fantastic RB and you need everything you can get to win. Hanging their hopes on Favre is a mistake. Hey I am the first to hope they stick it to GB. I wanted that last year but they need to smarten up just like SD did with LT. They had a chance and blew it then fired Schottenheimer. They were so close but blew it with a knee jerk reaction. If you want to win, especially with minn's background you have to do all that you can and getting that close, all they would have to do is tweak it a bit. Putting all your hopes on a flake does not make sense to me.

18 Aug 2010 13:38 #7 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Hey Viking Minnesota has a huge monkey on their back. They have to get serious to get it off. Really, really serious. And not having a backup is another stupid thing. They have this fantastic RB and you need everything you can get to win. Hanging their hopes on Favre is a mistake. Hey I am the first to hope they stick it to GB. I wanted that last year but they need to smarten up just like SD did with LT. They had a chance and blew it then fired Schottenheimer. They were so close but blew it with a knee jerk reaction. If you want to win, especially with minn's background you have to do all that you can and getting that close, all they would have to do is tweak it a bit. Putting all your hopes on a flake does not make sense to me.

He was the second highest rated quarterback in all the NFL last year. I am not sure who we could get who would be better. I doubt Drew Brees or Manning will switch teams. So anyone else would be a step down. At least this year.

18 Aug 2010 13:41 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Like I said, keep him and get your next guy in there behind him. Treating him like your franchise QB is stupid but just my opinion.

18 Aug 2010 13:43 #9 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Like I said, keep him and get your next guy in there behind him. Treating him like your franchise QB is stupid but just my opinion.

Oh I agree. I was hoping that they would trade Fred Taylor for a good quarterback last year. He will be a star running back in the NFL and we didn't get anything for him. That has to be a top priority with them throughout the year and next offseason. Heck is Lebron can switch teams so can a top quarterback for the right money, right?

18 Aug 2010 15:19 #10 by FredHayek
I predict Farve won't have as good of a year as last year, but I would be coming back too if they gave me 20 million.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds