× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

05 Aug 2015 08:52 #21 by HappyCamper
Quadman was Beerhunter and Elkhunter was Team Smith.

Can we reduce the number of players bench so that it leaves more people that we can trade for on bye weeks and when players get hurt?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2015 19:28 #22 by freebird
Eek! Happy Camper, that sounds scary, and I don't think I've seen a trade since joining two years ago. If we end up with enough interest to have two leagues, I'm thinking it is fine as is (fewer picked players due to only 8 vs. 12 teams). If we end up with the same one league with 12 teams, I guess I could see reducing the bench number by one, and possibly two players.

She's making it harder this year. ;)

Welcome to all of you new teams!

Renegade, I just checked and noticed the same teams (that played both of the past two years) were in the same East/West Division. Can we change up the teams across these divisions this year? I know it doesn't matter in the end but I just like change. ;)

There was another rule regarding the W/R position that also runs back the ball on a punt but I need to check the current rules before I propose it to you all for consideration.

06 Aug 2015 05:35 #23 by RenegadeCJ
I'm open to any changes...Lets get everyone onboard, then we can discuss.

And yes, I will mix up the leagues. When I reactivated, it stayed the same, but I have the ability to mix it up. Just want to get everyone on board first to see whether or not we have 1 or 2 leagues.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Aug 2015 21:35 #24 by freebird
It would be nice to have two leagues this year.

And I forgot to respond to you and SC about the proposed date for the draft. The date and time is fine with me.

Thanks.

07 Aug 2015 05:24 #25 by RenegadeCJ
2 would be great. Just have to make sure we have at least 16 people. 2 leagues of 8 is good.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Aug 2015 11:04 #26 by HappyCamper

freebird wrote: Eek! Happy Camper, that sounds scary, and I don't think I've seen a trade since joining two years ago. If we end up with enough interest to have two leagues, I'm thinking it is fine as is (fewer picked players due to only 8 vs. 12 teams). If we end up with the same one league with 12 teams, I guess I could see reducing the bench number by one, and possibly two players.

Renegade, I just checked and noticed the same teams (that played both of the past two years) were in the same East/West Division. Can we change up the teams across these divisions this year? I know it doesn't matter in the end but I just like change. ;)

There was another rule regarding the W/R position that also runs back the ball on a punt but I need to check the current rules before I propose it to you all for consideration.

Not scary at all we have been trading since being in the league with less people sitting on the bench then if you have injured players, those that suck or if you have people on a bye week you can pick up a player it is a lot more exciting.

In our pay league if you do not have a legal lineup each week (leave a person that is on a bye week)playing then you lose (you can leave an injured player).

The idea behind this is those who sign up to play have to pay attention each week.

07 Aug 2015 11:05 #27 by HappyCamper

RenegadeCJ wrote: Ok, so here is the current list.

Sounds like so far we have 11 out of 12 (I'll update this as we gain people)
Renegade
ScienceChic
Freebird
Quadman (was beer hunter)
Elk Hunter (Was team smith)
Happy Camper
Mtn Sunshine
Team Talbott
saeichelberger
Pine Nuts
Viking

That leaves one opening in the league. If we get enough to make 2 leagues, I'll set a 2nd one up. Just keep posting here if you are interested! I think we would need at least 16 to make 2 leagues.

Beer me is also playing.

07 Aug 2015 11:16 #28 by HappyCamper

freebird wrote: Eek! Happy Camper, that sounds scary, and I don't think I've seen a trade since joining two years ago. If we end up with enough interest to have two leagues, I'm thinking it is fine as is (fewer picked players due to only 8 vs. 12 teams). If we end up with the same one league with 12 teams, I guess I could see reducing the bench number by one, and possibly two players.

I guess I should not say trade but waivers (available players).

07 Aug 2015 12:39 - 07 Aug 2015 12:40 #29 by RenegadeCJ
Ok, so here is the current list.

Sounds like so far we have 12 out of 16 miniumu (I'll update this as we gain people)
Renegade
ScienceChic
Freebird
Quadman (was beer hunter)
Elk Hunter (Was team smith)
Happy Camper
Mtn Sunshine
Team Talbott
saeichelberger
Pine Nuts
Viking
Beer Me

Only ones we are missing from last year is Hutch's avengers. Not sure if he is playing this year or not.

We still need 4 more to make 2 leagues...anyone hear from others?

14 Aug 2015 05:06 #30 by RenegadeCJ
Still need at least 4 more players...anyone else interested?

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds