× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

13 Aug 2019 21:49 #491 by Ndshriver
I love a good trade! happy to send and receive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2019 08:46 #492 by freebird

Ndshriver wrote: I love a good trade! happy to send and receive.

Honestly, I've never tried trading but interested in learning how to do them to add another element to the game. Sounds like there's interest by 3 teams so far.

Renegade (and maybe Sharon), if we have enough interest I'm wondering if this additional feature adds more work to your plate or cost to Sharon. Is it feasible to set up a league for trade activity? I don't know if you would need to be involved in approving a proposed trade or maybe the teams in such a league can vote down a trade (vs. voting for since some may not be able to respond in time). Just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks in advance.
Deb

14 Aug 2019 11:33 #493 by The Viking

ScienceChic wrote: This is fantastic - welcome to all of our new players and welcome back our returning friends! I can already tell this is gonna be a fun year. :)

So far I have:
Blue Billed Ducks
Team Dak x 3
Christina
Kbailey x 2
Hot Chile
Renegade (is your daughter playing again?)
SteveAdams Photos
Team Martinez
vmackey23
Quadman and HappyCamper
Freebird
Waynealbers

Not heard from here yet, but confirmed with me is Viking. My niece's hubby was interested last year, I'll see him Sunday and will find out if he's going to join us or not. That'll fill 2 leagues already - whoo hoo!

Yes I am definitely in this year.

14 Aug 2019 11:35 #494 by The Viking

The last time I heard that, I was in a shady business in Thailand. And it sounded great until I saw the Adam's Apple.

14 Aug 2019 11:55 #495 by Hot Chile
Trades are pretty simple and shouldn't add anything to cost or effort. All my other leagues are trade-based. The important decisions are:

* Trade Deadline: Date after which no trades can be made. This helps avoid collusion in the run-up to the playoffs. Mid November usually.
* Trade Veto: Who can veto trades? LM only? Certain number of players? If players, how many needed for veto? This is also an anti-collusion tactic. If the league is active and paying attention, a player based veto works. If everyone is asleep at the wheel, it doesn't.
* Trade Review Period: Amount of time between a trade being accepted by the trading parties, and the time it goes into effect. During this time, the veto-voting occurs.

I'm not usually too active in the trading game, but do try and review trades when they occur. If you need more players in the "trading group", you can slot me in.

14 Aug 2019 11:59 #496 by Waynealbers

The Viking wrote:

The last time I heard that, I was in a shady business in Thailand. And it sounded great until I saw the Adam's Apple.

I was in Thailand in 1996 and hes not joking, gotta watch for that Adam's apple

14 Aug 2019 14:35 #497 by The Viking

Waynealbers wrote:

The Viking wrote:

I was in Thailand in 1996 and hes not joking, gotta watch for that Adam's apple

LMAO!

Attachments:

14 Aug 2019 15:52 #498 by ScienceChic
Yup, Hot Chile nailed what would've been my answer, except I didn't know there was such a thing as Trade Vetoes. I'm not normally an active participant in trading myself, but I have no problems with others doing so and it is included in the software's ability for participants to use - have at it! :biggrin:

Hot Chile wrote: Trades are pretty simple and shouldn't add anything to cost or effort. All my other leagues are trade-based. The important decisions are:

* Trade Deadline: Date after which no trades can be made. This helps avoid collusion in the run-up to the playoffs. Mid November usually.
* Trade Veto: Who can veto trades? LM only? Certain number of players? If players, how many needed for veto? This is also an anti-collusion tactic. If the league is active and paying attention, a player based veto works. If everyone is asleep at the wheel, it doesn't.
* Trade Review Period: Amount of time between a trade being accepted by the trading parties, and the time it goes into effect. During this time, the veto-voting occurs.

I'm not usually too active in the trading game, but do try and review trades when they occur. If you need more players in the "trading group", you can slot me in.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Aug 2019 19:33 #499 by freebird
Thanks for weighing in you two. I doubt there would be much trade activity this first year but it would be fun to try it. I had heard about the two approaches (LM or teams vote/veto) and either is fine with me. I'm thinking Renegade is the LM so would defer to him on which we use (don't want to overburden him with another task). What do you think, Renegade? And, are you interested in playing in a league with trades?

Hot Chile, you are a tough opponent! I'd welcome playing in the same league again this year and especially if we add trades to the rules. :)

ScienceChic wrote: Yup, Hot Chile nailed what would've been my answer, except I didn't know there was such a thing as Trade Vetoes. I'm not normally an active participant in trading myself, but I have no problems with others doing so and it is included in the software's ability for participants to use - have at it! :biggrin:

Hot Chile wrote: Trades are pretty simple and shouldn't add anything to cost or effort. All my other leagues are trade-based. The important decisions are:

14 Aug 2019 21:57 #500 by Hot Chile
Absolutely, I love good competition!

If we do trades, I'd probably recommend a 3-team veto. It would require some paying attention by everyone, but takes the heat off one person. (Why'd you veto my trade you *******!)

The problem of collusion is normally not that big of a deal, because it is fairly easy to spot. Basically if the trade shows an imbalance, it's a red flag. Ie: I trade a healthy Saquon Barkley to Freebird in return for Bilal Powell, someone is going to go huh?. Same position trades, bad rank for good rank, injured for active .. that kind of thing. Trades between family members are tougher. Two teams on the edge of relevancy might collude to stack one at the expense of the other, but that normally involves either multiple trades or multiple players within a trade.

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds