× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2015 Pick 5 Contest!

25 Jan 2016 06:04 #501 by RenegadeCJ
Superbowl Opening Spread

Carolina vs. Denver +4

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2016 09:09 #502 by archer
It seems fitting that our Pick 5 comes down to the Super Bowl, it's been that kind of season..... It's been an interesting last few weeks, I can't say I'm sorry that I didn't win it all yesterday, that would make the Super Bowl an afterthought in this contest.

Congrats Viking on picks that brought us to the final game, I believe you get first pick for the Super Bowl.

A big thank you goes to RenegadeCJ for keeping the stats this year, that is a lot of work, and to Science Chic for keeping us all honest. It's been a fun year,
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

25 Jan 2016 10:19 #503 by ScienceChic
:yeahthat: Especially a huge thanks to Renegade for keeping us on track all year - he rocks!

Tough choice for Viking - does he pick the Broncos and support his home team, or go with the Panthers who are projected to win and possibly improve his odds of winning this contest and $250? Hmmm... ;)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jan 2016 11:19 #504 by The Viking
Honestly I have no clue who to pick. I have a really hard time picking against the Broncos but Carolina is one of the most dominant teams to play in years. If the spread was higher I would feel more comfortable. Archer, I almost wish you had the pick now. Would you give me Denver and 8 points? :-D :)

25 Jan 2016 11:23 - 25 Jan 2016 11:25 #505 by archer

The Viking wrote: Honestly I have no clue who to pick. I have a really hard time picking against the Broncos but Carolina is one of the most dominant teams to play in years. If the spread was higher I would feel more comfortable. Archer, I almost wish you had the pick now. Would you give me Denver and 8 points? :-D :)

no ;)

25 Jan 2016 11:25 #506 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Championship Week standings
(As always, please let me know if you see someplace I goofed up)
If a tie, standings are in alphabetical order.

Viking 2-2 Overall 54-40-1
Archer 1-1 Overall 53-38-4
ComputerBreath 0-2 Overall 47-46-2 DID NOT PICK
Ashley 2-0 Overall 46-46-3
PineintheGrass 1-1 Overall 46-44-5
FredHayek 1-1 Overall 46-45-4
Renegade 1-1 Overall 46-46-3
Freebird 0-2 Overall 46-47-2
Chall99 0-2 Overall 45-48-2 DID NOT PICK
ScienceChic 1-1 Overall 43-48-4
Mtngirl 1-1 Overall 40-52-3
Quadman 0-2 Overall 38-52-1 DID NOT PICK
Happy Camper 0-2 Overall 38-55-2 DID NOT PICK
HeartandSoul 0-2 Overall 34-59-2 DID NOT PICK

5 teams tied with 46 wins! Still a great race there. And they will be playing for 3 place.

25 Jan 2016 11:29 #507 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Superbowl Opening Spread

Carolina vs. Denver +4

Thank you again for all of your work this year Renegade! It is more appreciated than you know. It has been another fun year. And thank you SC for putting this on again. I hope next year we can even get over 20 people to join in and stick it out until the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

25 Jan 2016 11:31 #508 by ScienceChic

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: Honestly I have no clue who to pick. I have a really hard time picking against the Broncos but Carolina is one of the most dominant teams to play in years. If the spread was higher I would feel more comfortable. Archer, I almost wish you had the pick now. Would you give me Denver and 8 points? :-D :)

no ;)

LOL good try there Viking! :P BTW, congrats on going 2-0 to both you and Ashley! (Renegade, you have 2-2 for Viking's weekly result, though you added his total correctly).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jan 2016 11:34 - 25 Jan 2016 11:34 #509 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: Superbowl Opening Spread

Carolina vs. Denver +4

Thank you again for all of your work this year Renegade! It is more appreciated than you know. It has been another fun year. And thank you SC for putting this on again. I hope next year we can even get over 20 people to join in and stick it out until the end.

:yeahthat: would be awesome! The more the merrier. :) :littledance

25 Jan 2016 15:36 #510 by RenegadeCJ
Oops...yep, I started with Viking and only did the wins since that was all that mattered for them....I fixed my goof! Thanks for the heads up! I think I'm still giddy from the game and wasn't thinking straight.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds