× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2015 Pick 5 Contest!

25 Jan 2016 15:38 #511 by RenegadeCJ

ScienceChic wrote:

The Viking wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: Superbowl Opening Spread

Carolina vs. Denver +4

Thank you again for all of your work this year Renegade! It is more appreciated than you know. It has been another fun year. And thank you SC for putting this on again. I hope next year we can even get over 20 people to join in and stick it out until the end.

:yeahthat: would be awesome! The more the merrier. :) :littledance

I think those that join, but stop picking at the end of the season should be required to clean SC's house after a Cincinnati loss as a punishment!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2016 16:43 #512 by Ashley
Congrats Viking on 2-0 this week. Good Luck to both you and archer.

lol RCJ. I need all the help I can get to move up so I thank those who so graciously dropped out.

Thanks for all you did RCJ. Thanks SC for having this. It has been fun and quite a learning experience.

And thanks Viking for your encouragement!

Superbowl Carolina Panthers
(although I will be cheering for the Broncos)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

25 Jan 2016 20:58 #513 by ScienceChic

RenegadeCJ wrote: I think those that join, but stop picking at the end of the season should be required to clean SC's house after a Cincinnati loss as a punishment!

Oh, that's harsh Renegade - I have 2 kids who are fantastic at mucking this place up! :biggrin:

Since this is coming down to the last game (awesome!) and could end in a tie in wins, I wanted to clarify the tie-breaker since I realized (duh) that I forgot to spell it out in the original rules. In the past, we've next gone to whomever has the fewer # of losses (which also means the greater # of ties). This means if Viking's pick wins, then he wins. If archer's pick wins and she ties Viking, then she wins thanks to the tie-breaker of having fewer losses than Viking. Everyone okay with that? If not, take it up with management. :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Feb 2016 12:02 #514 by archer
Only 2 days to Super Bowl 50......have you decided yet which team you are choosing Viking?

06 Feb 2016 22:22 #515 by ScienceChic
:yeahthat: Inquiring minds want to know! :coolwink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Feb 2016 09:27 #516 by pineinthegrass
Go Broncos, but I'll pick Carolina at +4.

Freebird is picking Carolina as well.

07 Feb 2016 09:34 - 07 Feb 2016 09:38 #517 by The Viking
I am so torn on this one. Do I look with my head or my heart? If I choose with my heart I will be pissed off if I lose. There only three scenarios. if I pick Carolina because logic says that I should, thenI will have one win and one loss either way. If Carolina wins I win this competition but I I'm unhappy because the Broncos lose. But if I pick Carolina and Denver wins, I am. ecstatic that the Broncos won, but upset with myself because I lost the contest. On the other side if I pick Denver with my heart,and they lose, then I lose both the contest and the Broncos losing the Super Bowl.but if I took the Broncos and they win, that is the only way I will get two victories this weekend. Winning the contest and the Broncos winning the Superbowl. so if I pick the Broncos, I go either 2-0 or 0-2 this weekend. If I pick Carolina,I should get at least one win. Either the contest or the Broncos winning. The third scenario is that I hope some rogue nation does an EMP attack on our West Coast and all the power goes out when the Super Bowl is unable to be played and I win by default.

So as much as my head is telling me I have better odds with Carolina and either way I will most likely come out with at least feeling good about winning the Super Bowl or winning the contest, I cannot go against the Broncos. if I'm going down, I'm going down with them. I can't have any part of me rooting against them today. so I am picking the Broncos at +14. that's right isnt it?

sorry, I was using talk to text and it had about 20 typos. I had to go back and correct them

07 Feb 2016 09:58 - 07 Feb 2016 09:59 #518 by archer

The Viking wrote: I can't have any part of me rooting against them today. so I am picking the Broncos at +14. that's right isnt it?

sorry, I was using talk to text and it had about 20 typos. I had to go back and correct them

No....the line is +4 for the Broncos.....do you want the Broncos at +4 or not? I applaud your chutzpah though.

07 Feb 2016 11:10 #519 by archer
What's the protocol here Science Chic? Viking has picked Denver at +14, I'm not OK with that, I am willing to take Carolina, but at the original opening line of - 4.......so what should I do?

07 Feb 2016 11:14 #520 by ScienceChic
We go with the Opening Line. I'm guessing since he was using talk-to-text it translated 4 to 14 and he missed that typo. :) I'll shoot him a message to confirm.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds