Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Aug 2017 04:08 #1731 by DrMike
Just Can't Help It!

Today’s Scripture

"We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard." (Acts 4:20, NKJV)

Have you ever been so in awe by something that you just couldn’t help but talk about it to everyone you know? Maybe you were excited about a new relationship, a job or the birth of a child. But nothing on earth can compare to what God wants to do in your life. He wants to amaze you with His goodness and overwhelm you with His love. He wants to do exceedingly abundantly above all you could ever ask, think or imagine. He wants to do things in your life that you’ve never seen before. He wants to impact you in such a way that you can’t help but talk about Him!

The key is that it starts with us. Our faith in God is what opens the door for Him to move and sets the blessing in motion. God has given every person a measure of faith. He has given us all the ability to believe and receive from Him. Romans 10:17 says that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. As you meditate on His Word and receive His promises by faith, He will move mightily on your behalf. It won’t be long before you just can’t help speaking about His goodness everywhere you go!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to receive Your promises by faith. I choose to meditate on Your love. Thank You for working in my life. I keep my heart and mind open You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2017 10:11 #1732 by DrMike
Favor in High Places

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend” (Proverbs 22:11, NIV)

When you’re talking with people throughout the day, do you speak with grace? In other words, do your words empower people? When others leave your presence, do they feel strengthened and want to rise higher?

Grace is simply God’s favor and empowerment. When you pass that grace on to others with no strings attached, the scripture says that you will have the king for a friend. In other words, you will have favor in high places. Influential people will want to be around you. People in authority will want to be your friend. When you sow grace and favor, you will reap it in your own life in return.

Today, look for ways to build up the people around you. When someone makes a mistake or lets you down, instead of being critical andfaultfinding, show love. Let your words be filled with grace. Extend His favor everywhere you go and watch that grace and favor come right back to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace and mercy upon me. I choose to speak with grace and empower others. I love a pure heart and desire to do Your will. Thank You for honoring me as I honor You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

21 Aug 2017 06:17 #1733 by DrMike
Think On These Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed in every area of your life. The Bible says that Jesus came so that you and I could have life more abundantly, but it all starts in your thinking. That’s why the scripture tells us very clearly what we should be thinking about — things that are noble, right, lovely, pure and praiseworthy. In other words, when a thought comes to your mind that you’re never going to be successful, replace it by saying, “Father, You said in Proverbs that if I would put You first, You would crown my efforts with success. You said in the Psalms that You surround me with favor like a shield. You said in Deuteronomy that Your blessings would chase me down and overtake me!” That’s how you take every thought captive, one thought at a time!

Today, refuse to allow any negative thoughts to take up space in your mind. Stay on the offensive and choose to think on the right things. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to meditate on Your goodness and think on the right things. Direct my heart and mind toward what is pure and lovely. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

22 Aug 2017 11:56 #1734 by DrMike
Prolong Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity” (Proverbs 3:1–2, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to prolong their lives and renew their youth, but God already has a fail-proof system outlined in His Word. It says in Isaiah that when you put your hope in Him, He will renew your youth. Today’s verse tells us that when you keep His Word close to your heart, it will prolong your life.

Notice it doesn’t say that you will just have a long, drawn out, ordinary life. No, God promises that He will prolong your life and fill your days with peace and prosperity. He wants you to live fulfilled and happy all the days of your life. That’s why it’s so important to keep His Word first place in your life. We can’t allow distractions to steal our focus or get us off course. Today, choose to keep His commands in your heart and enjoy His peace and prosperity all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for giving me a long, satisfied life. I choose to honor You and keep Your Word first place. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

23 Aug 2017 04:18 #1735 by DrMike
He Holds the Keys

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades” (Revelation 1:18, NIV)

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating and inconvenient. Not having your keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

In the same way, we need spiritual keys to access what God has for us — eternal life, peace,freedom and blessing here on earth. But we don’t have to stand on the outside and be frustrated because Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk through the door of eternal life. Eternal life begins the moment you make Him your Lord and Savior. You don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer; you have access to the abundant life Jesus came to give!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the one who holds the keys. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and will deliver you. He wants to be the hero of your story, so call on Him today and receive the victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I boldly come to You thanking You for giving me access to eternal life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and invite You to make me whole and complete. Set me free from every bondage so I can live free in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 Aug 2017 05:53 #1736 by DrMike
Every Day is a Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It’s easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 Aug 2017 04:09 #1737 by DrMike
At Just the Right Time

Today’s Scripture

"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." (Galatians 6:9, NLT)

Are you praying for something that’s taking longer than you thought or expected? No matter how long you may have been standing on God’s promises, don’t give up! Your season is coming. Your harvest of blessing is on its way. It might be today, it might be tomorrow, it might be next week, next month or next year; but remember, at just the right time, you will experience your breakthrough.

Be encouraged today because God is faithful and His promises are true. Keep standing, keep hoping, keep believing. Keep doing good. Keep declaring the promises of God over your life. Choose to be around people who are going to encourage you and fill your heart and mind with God’s Word. Let a song of praise come out of your mouth. Press on in faith and keep an attitude of victory. Don’t get tired of doing what is right because your harvest of blessing is on the way!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for refreshing and renewing my heart. Fill me with Your peace; fill me with Your strength. Help me to do good and stand firm until I see my harvest of blessing in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Aug 2017 03:51 #1738 by DrMike
Waiting

Today’s Scripture

"…faith without works is dead." (James 2:20, NKJV)

Are you waiting for God to do something in your life? One thing I’ve learned is that waiting should not be a passive thing. When were waiting the correct way, we’re on the lookout. We talk like what we are believing for is going to happen. We act like it’s going to happen. We’re making preparations.

It’s just like when you’re expecting someone for dinner; you don’t wait till they show up before you decide to start cooking. Most likely you start early in the day. You make sure the house is clean, you go to the grocery store, and maybe you buy some flowers for the table. You make preparations because you’re expecting someone. Well, that’s the attitude we need to have while we’re waiting for God’s promises to come to pass. Put your faith to work. Prepare for the answer to come. Keep standing, keep believing, and keep hoping because your answer is on the way!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, I choose to put actions behind my faith today. I trust that You are at work in my life. I will wait the right way—with expectancy—knowing that my faith in You opens the door for Your hand to move in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

29 Aug 2017 11:14 #1739 by DrMike
Closer Than You Think

Today’s Scripture

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded." (Hebrews 10:35, NIV)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you thought? Many times, people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their “due season” come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today, your answer is closer than you think. If it seems like things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It’s always darkest just before the dawn arrives.

You serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain when she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise.

While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and it’s closer than you think!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to continue believing until I see Your promises fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

30 Aug 2017 04:09 #1740 by DrMike
Your Appointed Time

Today’s Scripture

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time…though it tarry, wait for it…" (Habakkuk 2:3, KJV)

God has an appointed time to fulfill the visions,dreams and desires in your heart. Just because it has taken a long time or you’ve tried and failed doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. Don’t give up on those dreams! Don’t be complacent about pursuing what God has placed in your heart. Our God is a faithful God. No matter how long it’s been, no matter how impossible things looks, if you’ll stay in faith, your appointed time is coming.

Remember, every dream that’s in your heart, every promise that has taken root, God put it in there. And not only that, but He has every intention of bringing it to pass. Hold on to that vision today by declaring, “My time is coming. God is working behind the scenes on my behalf. I will fulfill my destiny!” As you continue to hold on to that vision and speak life over your dreams, you’ll see them begin to take shape. You’ll see your faith grow, you’ll see your hope strengthen, and you’ll see yourself step into the destiny God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I receive Your truth today. I receive Your promises. I ask that You ignite my heart with Your holy fire so that I can pursue Your perfect plan for my life. Make my thoughts and words agreeable to Your will in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.913 seconds