Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Aug 2017 07:05 #1721 by DrMike
What is Taking Root?

Today's Scripture

"He answered, 'The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man'." (Matthew 13:37, AMP)

God is constantly trying to plant new seeds of victory on the inside of you. He's trying to increase you. He's trying to enlarge your vision. He wants to take you to new levels of victory. But before you see a harvest, the seed has to take root. You have to conceive it before you are going to receive it. In other words, before you're ever going to be successful, you've got to see yourself successful. Before you'reever going to have your dreams come to pass, you've got to look out through your eyes of faith and see them coming to pass. That's how you allow the seed to take root.

Today, I encourage you to examine your thought life. What are you allowing to take root? Are God's seeds of victory and life growing in your heart and mind, or are you nurturing seeds of defeat and despair? The good news is that you can change your thoughts right now, this very moment. Begin to dwell on God's promises and His goodness. Let His good seeds take root in your mind and heart. It won't be long before you'll see that harvest of blessing come forth in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

Father God, today I surrender every area of mind,will and emotions to You. I choose to dwell on Your goodness and faithfulness so that the good seeds You've planted in my life will take root. Keep me close to You and direct my steps down the good path You have prepared for me in Jesus' name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2017 04:12 #1722 by DrMike
It's No Surprise to Him

Today’s Scripture

"But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph…" (2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)

In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we’re believers, just because we’re good people or doing the right thing doesn’t make us exempt from trouble. The scripture says, “The rain falls on the just and the unjust.” When something unexpected happens or you find yourself facing a crisis, don’t automatically go into “panic mode” or just fall apart emotionally. Realize that the crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven’t even had yet. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you to make your crooked places straight!

Today, instead of focusing on your problem, focus on your God. Focus on the fact that He is with you. Remember that He is walking with you, leading and guiding you to a place of peace and victory. No matter what has happened, He will take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around for your good. He always leads us invictory. So keep moving forward knowing that He has a good plan for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. I thank You for the victory that You have in store for me even when I can’t see it. I choose to trust You and Your goodness, knowing that You are faithful in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

07 Aug 2017 04:21 #1723 by DrMike
A Flourishing Finish

Today’s Scripture

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of disappointment or difficulty. We all have unexpected setbacks. Maybe you’re going through something right now that you don’t understand. Here’s the good news: that disappointment is not the final chapter. God never ends in a negative. If you will keep moving forward with your life, God promises that He will bring you to a flourishing finish. Not a defeated finish, a bankrupt finish, a betrayed finish, or a barely-get-by finish. No, in your future, God has a victorious finish.

That setback, disappointment or betrayal that seems like it’s working against you, God knows how to turn it around and cause it to work for you. The key is that when you’re in difficult times, don’t settle where you are. Don’t put your roots down and think that things are never going to change. No, for every setback, God has already lined up a comeback. For every injustice, He has vindication. For every disappointment, He has restoration. Right now, just begin to thank Him for what He’s going to do. Praise Him for His faithfulness. Rejoice today because He has a plan to bring you into a flourishing finish!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to cast my cares on You. I choose to trust even when I don’t understand. I choose to believe that You have a good plan and will bring me to a flourishing finish in Jesus’ name! Amen."

08 Aug 2017 06:58 #1724 by DrMike
He Knows How It Ends

Today’s Scripture

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done…" (Isaiah 46:10, NKJV)

Sometimes I will record a football game and watch it when I get home later. Most times, I already know how the game ends. I’ve talked to friends or watched the news. I know my team wins. While I’m watching, I don’t get discouraged if my team falls behind. I don’t get uptight if it’s halftime and we still haven’t scored. I’m totally at peace. Why? I already know the outcome. The truth is that the further behind we fall, the more excited I am because that means a big comeback is on its way. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen.

As believers, God has promised us victory. You may go through disappointments. At times, it seems like you’re far behind. But you’ve got to remind yourself, “God holds my future in the palm of His hand. He already knows the outcome. God never ends in defeat!” I’m going to come out of this better and stronger than ever before! Remember, He knows how it ends, and it ends in peace,joy and victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, how awesome You are! Thank You for declaring victory over my life. I choose to trust Your Word, even when I don’t understand. I trust that You are good and that my end shall be in victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."

09 Aug 2017 03:59 #1725 by DrMike
God's Value System

Today’s Scripture

"Keep me as the apple of your eye…" (Psalm 17:8, NIV)

In this day and age, people are considered to be important for so many different reasons—titles, position, possessions, where you go, what you drive. But God’s value system is very different from the value system of the world. God cherishes and values you so much simply because He made you. You are His beloved creation—the apple of His eye; the center of His world!

If you’ve ever thought that God has too many other important things on His plate to be concerned with you and your life, know this today—you are God’s number one priority. There’s nothing you can do to be more important or less important to Him. He values you today, and your value will never change. You are significant. Your life is significant. The things that concern you, concern God. He carefully watches over every detail of your life, and there is nothing too big or too small for His attention.

Today, find peace and security in God’s love for you. Don’t be afraid to take your concerns and caresto Him. He loves it when you come to Him, and He’s ready to receive you with open arms because you are the apple of His eye!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for keeping me the apple of Your eye. I open my heart and mind to You and cast every care on You. I receive Your love for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

10 Aug 2017 07:40 #1726 by DrMike
Switch Over

Today’s Scripture

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines…yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." (Habakkuk 3:17-18, NKJV)

We all face challenges and obstacles in this life. We all have dreams in our hearts, and at times, it looks like they’re not going to come to pass. During these difficult seasons, we have a choice. We can get negative and discouraged and talk about how things are not going to work out, or we can switch over into praise and thanksgiving which opens the door for God to move on our behalf.

A lot of times people think, “I’ll have a good attitude as soon as I get over this health issue.” “ I’ll give God praise when I get through these tough times.” But that’s not how faith works. As long as we’re negative, discouraged and focused on our problems, it limits what God can do. You’ve got to give God praise first, and then the breakthrough will come. You’ve got to change your focus first, and then things will change in your favor. Praise always precedes the victory.

Today, if you’ve been dwelling on the wrong things and focusing in the wrong direction, switch over into praise and thanksgiving. Begin to declare that God is good. Declare that He is faithful. Declare His praises and open the door to victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, today I humbly come before You, lifting You up and magnifying Your Holy Name. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I bless You and honor You for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

11 Aug 2017 08:23 #1727 by DrMike
The Tongue of the Wise

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing" (Proverbs 12:18; NIV)

It's easy to see how words can be used as a weapon. We've all either been "cut" by the words of others, or we've used words to put someone "in their place." The truth of the matter is when we use words recklessly or in a way that cuts others, we are not being wise. The scripture tells us that the tongue of the wise brings life and healing to others.

Today, look for ways to be wise. Find something nice to say about someone or share an encouraging word. You never know how you can bring healing to a person's heart by sharing a kind, gracious word. And remember, words are like seeds. When you plant words of life and blessing into others, you're sure to reap a harvest of blessing in your own life in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to be wise. I submit my tongue to You and choose to use it for good and not for evil. Show me ways to be a blessing to others. Help me find creative ways to encourage the people You have placed in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

14 Aug 2017 04:06 #1728 by DrMike
A Flood of Power

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

So [Israel] came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote [the Philistines] there. Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through]" (1 Chronicles 14:11, AMP)

Notice how David likened God's power to the bursting forth of waters. In other words, he described it as a flood. He was saying that when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power, it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.

Think about how powerful water is. Three or four inches of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. I've seen on the news whole houses floating down the river in big floods. Nothing can stop the force of that water! Anything that's in its way is moved!

Today, you may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, dreams that look unobtainable. But know this: when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power, nothing can stop it. You need to get ready not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. Get ready for a flood of God's favor, a tidal wave of His goodness, a tsunami of His increase! Dare to believe that God is going to overwhelm you with victory in every area of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I invite You to overwhelm me with You today. Take over every area of my life; my thoughts, my attitude, my body. Flood me with Your healing, favor, and strength today as I surrender my entire being to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

15 Aug 2017 04:15 #1729 by DrMike
Clothe Yourself

Today’s Scripture

"Clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah), and make no provision for [indulging] the flesh [put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings of your physical nature]…" (Romans 13:14, AMPC)

Is there something in your life that you would like to put a stop to today? Maybe it’s a certain behavior, addiction or bad attitude that isn’t pleasing to God. When Adam and Eve disobeyed in the garden, the first thing God did was to put clothing on them. They needed to be covered. In the same way, you and I need to be covered today. What should we cover or clothe ourselves with?

When you “clothe yourself” with the Lord Jesus Christ, you will be protected and able to stand strong against temptation. How do you clothe yourself with Jesus Christ? First of all, when you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you are covered and cleansed by His blood. You are restored and renewed. Then, just as you get dressed daily, you have to daily “cover” your mind with the Word of God. That means you cover every point that has access to your thoughts. Cover your ears by listening to the Word. Cover your eyes by watching only what is pleasing to the Lord. Cover your mouth by speaking the Word and encouraging those around you. As you cover yourself with Christ, you’ll be strong against temptation, you‘ll walk in victory, and you’ll experience the good things He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to redeem me and restore me. Thank You for making me new and covering me so that I can stand strong against temptation. Today, I submit every area of my life to You and invite You to have Your way in me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

16 Aug 2017 06:09 #1730 by DrMike
An Ornament of Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck” (Proverbs 3:21–22, NIV)

No matter what decisions you may be facing today, God wants to equip you and empower you to make the right choices. Today’s verse tells us that seeking wisdom and discretion brings life and is “an ornament of grace.” How do we seek wisdom and discretion? By making the Word of God a priority. The answer to every situation we face is addressed in God’s Word either directly or by principle. When God’s Word is the final authority in your life, His grace will empower you to live victoriously.

Verses 23 through 26 go on to say, “Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.”

Today, I encourage you to put God’s Word first. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you study. Follow His commands and open the way for His grace to cover you. Let His grace empower you to dwell in safety and rest securely all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which is life and health to me. I submit myself to You knowing that You have good things in store for my future. I will hide Your word in my heart so that I can receive Your grace and walk in Your ways. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds