Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Aug 2017 04:08 #1741 by DrMike
Dwell in Safety and Trust

Today’s Scripture

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." (Psalm 4:8, AMPC)

All throughout Scripture, God has promised to be your Protector, Defender, your Strength, your Shelter and so much more. Even when the storms of life come against you, as long as you are dwelling in Him, you dwell in safety and trust—nothing can take away your peace and joy. What does it mean to dwell in Him? One of the definitions of the word “dwell” means to keep your attention directed toward something. The more you keep your attention directed toward God, the more you will know Him, and the more confidence you will have in Him. When you focus your heart and mind on the Word of God and declare His promises over your life, you are dwelling in Him. When you lift your voice in worship and give Him glory and honor, you are dwelling in Him. When you spend time meditating on Him and connecting with Him through prayer, you are dwelling in Him.

Are you facing a difficult situation? Give your attention to the Father. Do you need His peace and protection? Focus your heart and mind on Him. As you dwell on Him, you will see His goodness, and you’ll live in peace and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of peace and safety in my life. I choose to give my attention to You. Have Your way in me and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2017 08:10 #1742 by DrMike
In an Instant

Today’s Scripture

"…And in an instant, suddenly, you shall be visited and delivered by the Lord of hosts…"(Isaiah 29:5-6, AMPC)

All through the Bible, we have examples of how God suddenly showed Himself strong on behalf of His people. But sometimes when we’ve struggled for a long time, it’s easy to just give up. One of the enemy’s greatest lies is to tell you that nothing is ever going to change. He’ll tell you that you’re never going to get well, that your marriage isn’t going to work out, that you’re never going to break that addiction. But I want to tell you today, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in those circumstances, God can change things in an instant! In a split second of time, He can turn it all around. One touch of God’s power can heal your body. One touch of His favor can promote you. One touch of His goodness can solve that problem. Just one touch from Almighty God can instantly change your life.

I encourage you today to keep believing, keep standing and keep hoping. Don’t let the enemy drag your thoughts down because God is working behind the scenes. Your time is coming, and I declare that your breakthrough is going to happen suddenly—in an instant!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to trust that You are working things out for my good. I choose to stand in faith, believing that my breakthrough is coming. Give me Your strength and peace as I patiently wait on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

04 Sep 2017 10:26 #1743 by DrMike
He Will Multiply Your Resources

Today’s Scripture

"Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness." (2 Corinthians 9:10, NASB)

We serve a faithful God—He is the God of more than enough! Not only does He promise to meet your needs, He promises to give you enough to meet the needs of others, too.

When you are a sower—when you give of your resources, your time, talent,finances and possessions—God promises to multiply those resources so that you can continue to be a blessing to the people around you. You might look at what you have in your hand today and think, “This doesn’t look like much.” But understand that when you give God what you have, He’ll turn it into more than enough! The Bible tells us that Jesus fed a crowd of over 5,000 people by multiplying the lunch of a small boy, and He can multiply whatever you have in your hand, too.

Today, dedicate what you have to the Lord by faith. Ask Him where you should sow your seed so that you can be a blessing to others. As you do, He’ll continue to pour out His blessing and abundance on you, and you will live fulfilled and satisfied all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I dedicate everything that I have to You. Show me how I can be a blessing to others today. Thank You for Your abundant provision in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

05 Sep 2017 12:17 #1744 by DrMike
No Condemnation

Today’s Scripture

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."(Romans 8:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to break the curse of sin, shame and condemnation in our lives. He came so that we could see things the way God sees them. Do you know how God sees you? He sees you as valuable. He sees you as strong. He sees you as capable, talented and trustworthy. The voice of condemnation says exactly the opposite. Condemnation is a loss of value. It’s the accusing voice of the enemy that says, “You’re not good enough…you’ll never be good enough...you’re a failure.”

Condemnation is never from God. The Bible tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. When you embrace and declare God’s truth in your life, you activate His power to overcome the voice of condemnation. No matter how you may be feeling, wake up every morning and declare that the Greater One lives in you. Declare that you are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Declare that He loves you and has called you according to His purpose. Choose to see yourself as valuable, the way God sees you. Embrace His truth so that you can overcome condemnation and live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for setting me free from condemnation. Thank You for believing in me and filling me with Your vision for my life. Help me to see my life the way You see it in Jesus’ name. Amen."

06 Sep 2017 06:27 #1745 by DrMike
He’s on Your Side

Today’s Scripture

"‘Don't be afraid,’ the prophet answered. ‘Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.’" (2 Kings 6:16, NIV)

Everyone goes through times when they feel overwhelmed or “outnumbered” by whatever is coming against them. For example, just about the time the air conditioner needs repair in your house, the transmission goes out in your car. It can seem like one thing after another. It may feel as if all the forces of darkness are coming against you, but Scripture promises that with God on your side, you have everything you need to overcome. The truth is, you are never outnumbered. You and God are a majority!

Anytime you’re feeling anxious, fearful or worried about anything, remember that God is on your side. If God is for you, who can be against you? Difficulties may come, but He promises to guide and protect you. The story isn’t over until you end in victory.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for peace even in the midst of the storms of life. I know that You are with me, and I can stand strong because You will always lead meinto victory in Jesus’ name. Amen."

07 Sep 2017 11:10 #1746 by DrMike
He’ll Draw You Out

Today’s Scripture

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy…" (Psalm 18:16-17, NIV)

No matter what difficulty you may be facing, God has a plan to draw you out. You may feel overwhelmed, but know that God is reaching out His hand. He won’t let you sink, and He won’t let you slip. He’ll take hold of you and rescue you from the deep waters of opposition that rage against you. Scripture says that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a barrier against him. If you are facing adversity, know that you are not facing it alone. God is with you, and He is for you.

To all of our friends and followers who were affected by Hurricane Harvey and the hurricane that will hit Florida this weekend, please know that our entire COFA staff and family are praying for you and doing everything we can to support those in need in the effected area's. We know that God is working behind the scenes, and He’s going to bring us all out better and stronger than ever before.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy. I reach out my hand to You knowing that You are an ever present help in the day of trouble. I thank You in advance for all that You are doing and for bringing me to a place of peace in Jesus’ name. Amen."

08 Sep 2017 08:20 #1747 by DrMike
Find Peace Today

Today’s Scripture

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3, NKJV)

Do you need peace in your life today? Are you feeling frustrated, hopeless or like things are beyond your control? The first question to ask yourself is, “What do I have my mind set on? What am I thinking about?” If you are focused solely on your circumstances or how impossible everything is, it’s going to affect your peace level. But when you keep your mind stayed on God and what He can do in your life, when you get your mind going in the right direction, then you are setting yourself up for peace.

You may be going through difficulty today; you may be in overwhelming circumstances in your life; however, God still promises you peace in the midst of the storm. He promises that He will preserve you when you call on Him. Choose to keep your mind focused on the Father. Be empowered by meditating on His Word. Find peace today by putting your trust and hope in Him.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for peace that passes understanding. I receive it as a blanket of comfort to my heart, mind and emotions. I choose to keep my mind stayed on You and thank You for ordering my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen. "

11 Sep 2017 08:17 #1748 by DrMike
In Your Midnight Hour

Today’s Scripture

"About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose." (Acts 16:25-26, NIV)

Paul and Silas were put in jail for spreading good news. It wasn’t fair. They were beaten and accused without a trial. As they sat in the prison, bloodied, bruised and hopeless, it looked like things were over for them. When they had no hope, nowhere to turn, when they were literally trapped and bound in their circumstances, they began to sing praises to God. As they did, right at midnight—their darkest hour—there was suddenly a great earthquake. The prison doors flung open, their chains fell off, and they walked out as free men!

We’ve all had times when we felt completely trapped by circumstances. We’ve all felt lonely and hopeless. So many along the Gulf Coast are facing their darkest hours. Today, I encourage you to do what Paul and Silas did and begin to praise God! When you praise Him no matter what, that’s when God enters your situation. That’s when He can break your chains and set you free. Praise Him in your midnight hour and watch Him show up and set you free.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I lift my heart to You. You are worthy to be praised! I will bless You in the midnight hour knowing that You are good, and You have victory and freedom in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen."

12 Sep 2017 03:51 #1749 by DrMike
Connect to Your Deliverer

Today’s Scripture

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!"(Habakkuk 3:17-18, NLT)

Habakkuk knew what to do when things seemed completely hopeless. His world was literally falling apart around him. There was destruction everywhere he looked. But Habakkuk knew that God was greater than what he was facing. So what did he do? He invited God into his circumstances by rejoicing and praising Him.

Are you facing a situation that seems dark or hopeless? Many in the Gulf Coast are. No matter how difficult things may seem, God has a plan to bring you out into a place of victory. Your praise is the bridge that will carry you through because your praise connects you to your Deliverer.

Remember, God inhabits the praises of His people. Praise catches His attention. When God shows up, miracles happen. No matter how things may seem in the natural, you can find peace in knowing that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You trusting that You are my Deliverer. No matter what is going on around me, today I choose to bless and praise Your name. I choose to connect to You, knowing that You are the source of my strength, hope and peace in Jesus’ name. Amen."

13 Sep 2017 03:59 #1750 by DrMike
Call on Him

Today’s Scripture

"...call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." (Psalm 50:15, NIV)

Right now, our city and many across Texas and Florida are experiencing wide-spread devastation like never before seen in history. We appreciate your prayers during this time. While there is still so much unknown about the situation, we can set our hearts and minds on what we do know. What we know is that God is faithful. What we know is that He is our Deliverer. What we know is that we can trust in Him. He is our hope, He is our peace, and He will carry us through.

He promises that no matter what you face, He will empower you to walk through it and overcome. When you don't understand, when you don't have answers, when you are in your darkest hour, He is your light of hope. He will bring restoration and order to your life again. Today, whether you are in areas affected by the storm or somewhere else in the country experiencing another type of "trouble," call on Him. He will deliver you, and in return, you will bring honor and praise to Him.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I'm calling on You. I trust that even in my darkest hour, You are my light of hope. Give me Your peace that passes understanding. Bring order and restoration. Heal this land as Your people come together and call upon You in Jesus' name. Amen."

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.702 seconds