Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

10 Nov 2017 03:50 #1781 by DrMike
Right Companions

Today’s Scripture

"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24, NIV)

Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. That’s why it’s so important to be connected to the right people. We have to understand that God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed people in your path that will inspire you, challenge you, and help you accomplish your dreams. The reason some people never reach their highest potential isbecause they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give mestrength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2017 03:49 #1782 by DrMike
Before Creation

Today’s Scripture

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world…" (Ephesians 1:4, NIV)

Did you know that God chose you before the foundations of the earth? Before the worlds were ever formed, He knew you. And, He didn’t create you to be average. He didn’t create you to barely get by. No, He created you to excel! Not only has He chosen you, He has equipped you with everything you need to live and thrive in this life. He has deposited seeds of greatness inside every person. But in order to tap into those seeds of greatness, you have to believe this and act on it.

Too many people today are going around with low self-esteem, feeling inferior like they don’t have what it takes. But that is living a lie. And as long as we have a poor self-image, we’re not going to experience God’s best. In order to be all that God has called us to be, we have to see ourselves as chosen, valuable and victorious.

Today, meditate on this truth. Let it sink down deep into your heart. Let it build confidence and security in you. As you understand your value in the eyes of God, you’ll be empowered to live the life of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for equipping me. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

14 Nov 2017 09:51 #1783 by DrMike
Celebrate Others

Today’s Scripture

"Rejoice with those who rejoice…" (Romans 12:15, NKJV)

When a friend or family member succeeds, gets promoted, or experiences an unexpected break in life, how do you respond?

Some people wonder, “What about me?” Others criticize or say, “It won’t last long.” But really, the way you respond to other’s success will determine the level of your own success. Whether you respond in a negative or positive way, you are sowing seeds for your future. That’s why Scripture tells us simply to “rejoice with those who rejoice.” God wants you to be successful. His commands are for your good. He doesn’t want jealousy or strife to enter your life or rob you of His blessing.

Today, make it a point to find someone who is celebrating and celebrate with them. Congratulate them on their success no matter how small it seems in the natural. Rejoice with those who rejoice, sow seeds of blessing, and open the door for victory in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing not only on my life but on the lives of the people around me. I choose to rejoice in You, and I choose torejoice over Your victory everywhere I go in Jesus’ name! Amen!"

15 Nov 2017 07:19 #1784 by DrMike
Growing Your Faith

Today’s Scripture

"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Do you desire to have more faith? Scripture tells us that faith can grow and increase. Notice that today’s Scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It says that faith comes by hearing—in the present tense. We have to hear the Word of God over and over again in order for it to take root in our hearts and transform our minds. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, our faith grows as we hear the Word of God again and again.

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. The more you hear God’s Word, the more you know Him. The more you know Him, the more you will be able to believe Him—and that’s what faith is!

Today, why don’t you choose a few Scriptures to meditate on? Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Let that truth sink down into your soul. Let the truth of the Word transform you and move you forward into the abundant life God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You more in Jesus’ name. Amen."

16 Nov 2017 08:36 #1785 by DrMike
Line up Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

"Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." (Psalm 86:11, NIV)

Everyone has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that people can see. The inner life is made up of your thoughts, attitudes and motives. Only you and God know what’s going on inside. Too many people go around today pretending—acting one way, yet on the inside, they’re thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don’t line up.

We have to understand that God looks at the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can’t fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than go through life pretending or wearing masks. Today, take inventory of what’s going on inside of you. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Are your heart and actions lining up? If not, submit your ways to the Lord today and ask Him to give you an undivided heart. Live a life pleasing to Him and walk in His blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Dear Father, I humbly come before You today and ask that You search the deep places of my heart. Show me if there isany area where I need to line up my heart and actions. Help me to be authentic in You today in Jesus name. Amen."

17 Nov 2017 04:05 #1786 by DrMike
Pursue Loyalty

Today’s Scripture

"He who pursues righteousness and loyalty finds life…" (Proverbs 21:21, NASB)

Have you ever noticed that righteousness and loyalty go together? In other words, if we’re not being loyal—to our family, friends, country, job—then we aren’t going to experience God’s best. Loyal people are honorable people. When you’re loyal, you stick with someone through thick and thin. When you’re loyal, you keep your word to people—even if you get a “better” offer.

Loyal people are respectful of their country and leaders. Loyal people honor their parents and defend their family. When you’re loyal, you are a person of integrity. You build trust with others. Is this an area where you can rise higher? Are you faithful in the things you’re committed to? Can you be more loyal? Don’t let the distractions of everyday life keep you from being dedicated. Look for ways to show honor to those around you. Is there something you need to set aside for the sake of a loved one? Show love by staying loyal. As Scripture promises, when you pursue loyalty and righteousness, you will find the abundant life God has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of life in Your Word. Show me any area where I can rise up higher by pursuing loyalty. Help me, by Your Spirit, to be more faithful and supportive to those around me. Let Your light shine through me as I pursue righteousness and loyalty today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

20 Nov 2017 03:51 #1787 by DrMike
But God!

Today’s Scripture

"O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! ...But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." (Psalm 3:1-3, NIV)

When David wrote this verse, He was in a very difficult situation. He was actually running for his life from his very own son who wanted to kill him and take over the throne. Can you imagine?! David was probably feeling overwhelmed, distraught, heartbroken, betrayed and abandoned. Have you ever felt that way? But notice that David didn’t just tell the Lord all about his problems. He told the Lord about his faith when he said, “But You, God, are a shield around me…” David made the choice to focus on God’s goodness no matter what.

We have to remember, circumstances may be tough, but God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. You may have a difficult relationship, but God is your Restorer today. You may have an overwhelming need, but God is your Provider today. The doctors may have told you that you have an incurable disease, but God is your Healer today. Things may look impossible today, BUT WITH GOD, all things are possible! If you’ll keep that constant attitude of faith and victory, you’ll see the hand of God move in your life, and you will experience the life of victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for always being faithful and working in my life. Today I open my heart to You and choose to focus on You instead of my circumstances. I know that with You, all things are possible in Jesus name. Amen."

21 Nov 2017 03:21 #1788 by DrMike
COFA Tips will resume on Monday November 27th, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a blessed weekend!

Call Out Seeds of Greatness

Today’s Scripture

"…God…calls those things which do not exist as though they did." (Romans 4:17, NKJV)

Very often, we see potential in other people that they can’t see in themselves. When you speak vision into them, when you tell them what they can become, you can help set the direction for their life. Your words have the power to push people into their divine destiny. I believe that the reason some people are not living at their full potential isbecause no one has ever spoken faith into them. No one has taken the time to say, “Hey, you’re great at this. You’ve got a gift here. You’re going to do something amazing.”

I believe that one of our assignments in life is to call out the seeds of greatness in other people. Look around at who God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. Take time to study them. See what they’re good at. What are their gifts? What do they excel at? Don’t just think about it, speak vision into them. Tell them what they can become. Let your encouragement ignite greatness on the inside. Help them rise up in confidence so they can be all God has called them to be!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life. I choose to be faithful, to speak life and call forth greatness in them. Thank You for bringing me to new levels as I help others rise higher in Jesus’ name. Amen."

27 Nov 2017 04:08 #1789 by DrMike
Really Alive

Today’s Scripture

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him. Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Nov 2017 03:58 #1790 by DrMike
True Comfort

Today’s Scripture

"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you…" (Isaiah 66:13, NIV)

Oftentimes when people face challenges, their natural tendency is to seek comfort in things that are familiar. It may be work, an activity or relationships; and of course, we all know about “comfort food.” But those things only bring temporary comfort. True comfort is only found in a relationship with Jesus.

According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope and confidence. Turn to Him. Receive His love. Let go of things that would hold you back. Let Him heal your heart and give you strength for the future. Let Him empower you to rise up and overcome every obstacle in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your comfort and strength and empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have planned for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds