Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Jan 2018 03:32 #1821 by DrMike
His Goodness Leads You to Him

Today’s Scripture

"…the goodness of God leads you to repentance." (Romans 2:4, NKJV)

In the natural, when we’ve wronged someone, sometimes it’s easier to avoid them than to face the discomfort or potential rejection. Oftentimes, people have this same approach to God. Have you ever heard someone say, “If I walk into church, the roof will cave in?” They think they should keep their distance because of the wrong they’ve done. But nothing could be further from the truth! God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you! He’s waiting for you with open arms. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve done; know that His goodness is what’s drawing you to Him.

Today, don’t let condemnation keep you from going to God. Trust His kindness. He wants you to experience His goodness. He wants to show you His faithfulness. He’s promised He’ll never leave you nor forsake you. Turn to Him today and let Him pour Hislovingkindness out on you and empower you to live the good life that He has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for Your kindness. I come to You and repent of any sin that would keep me from You. Give mestrength to live in the blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2018 03:34 #1822 by DrMike
Wise Men Still Seek Him

Today’s Scripture

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."(Proverbs 9:10, NIV)

After Jesus was born, the Bible tells us in Matthew chapter two that Wise Men came from the East to bow before Him and worship Him. They went to great lengths just to get a glimpse of the Child and traveled a long distance for many months, following the star. When they saw Him, they were so overwhelmed. The Scripture says they fell on their faces to honor and worship Him.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. That means that we should have a reverential honor and respect for Him—just like the Wise Men did. We are wise when we set everything else in life aside in order to seek Him. We are wise when we worship Him and give Him everything that we are. We are wise when we take time to honor Him. Remember, God is a rewarder of the people who diligently seek after Him. As you continue to put Him first in all you do, you’ll increase in wisdom and discernment, and you’ll move forward into the life of blessing He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I choose wisdom by choosing to honor You. I put You first in my heart, my mind, my emotions and my actions. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You and acknowledge You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

16 Jan 2018 03:45 #1823 by DrMike
Focus on the Unseen

Today’s Scripture

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18, NIV)

Every obstacle in your life is subject to change. It doesn’t matter what you may be facing, there is an answer in the unseen. The unseen is the spiritual realm where the promises of God exist. Your faith brings those unseen things into this natural realm. When you are fixed on something, you can’t be moved. There’s a determination that fuels your focus. When you fix your eyes on the unseen—the promises of God—your faith will not be moved by your circumstances, and you’ll eventually see those promises come to pass.

Make the decision today to fix your eyes and mind on the promises of God. Meditate on His promises until they become more real to you than the air you breathe. Declare that His promises will come to pass in your life. Declare that you have His favor. Declare that you are more than a conqueror. Don’t allow fear and doubt to change what you are speakingover your life. As you continue to fix your spiritual eyes on the unseen promises of God, you will see those things come to pass in the natural, and you will move forward into the abundant life the Lord has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, today I choose to fix my eyes on You. I choose to fix my mind and heart on Your promises no matter what it looks like in this natural world. I know that Your Word is true and that Your promises will be fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

17 Jan 2018 07:08 #1824 by DrMike
There's Power in Unity!

Today’s Scripture

"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35, NASB)

People aren't going to know we're His disciples by how many times we come to church or how many Scriptures we can quote. People will know we're His disciples by the love we show one another.

The enemy tries to bring division throughout the Body of Christ by keeping us focused on our differences. When we're critical and judgmental, we build walls that separate us. The Bible says in Ephesians 4:13, "We need to come together in the unity of faith." There's great power in unity! We can do a whole lot more together, as born-again believers, than we can do apart. Let's decide to lay down our differences and come together in the unity of our faith in Jesus Christ.

A Prayer for Today

"God, allow the love of Christ to flow through me. I want to be a beacon of love and forgiveness–just as Christ came here to be. Remind me that when I hurt others, I also hurt You. God, use me to unify Your family of faith in Jesus' name. Amen!"

18 Jan 2018 03:20 #1825 by DrMike
His Ways Are Higher

Today’s Scripture

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

A lot of times, we have our own ideas about how things should work out in life. But God’s ways are not our ways. In Scripture, God brought water out of a rock. Jesus told Peter to go catch a fish, open its mouth, and there was the money he needed for taxes. Another time, God caused a young lady named Mary to have a baby without knowing a man. He is God. He can use things we would expect, or He can make things happen another way.

With God, you don’t have to figure everything out. All you have to do is believe. In fact, it says in Proverbs, “Lean not to your own understanding.” Sometimes there is no logical solution. You’ve got to turn your mind off. If you’re constantly trying to figure it out, that’s just going to make you discouraged, depressed and frustrated. Just because you don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. Remember, His ways are higher, and He is working behind the scenes for your good!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I declare that my faith and trust are in You. I won’t try to figure everything out, but I will be still and listen for Your voice. I surrender my will to Yours. Thank You for Your faithfulness in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

19 Jan 2018 03:28 #1826 by DrMike
God's Servant

Today’s Scripture

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10, NIV)

Paul was obviously not worried about trying to please the people around him. It's not that he didn't care about others. It's just that he was focused on serving the Lord. Many times you may be too worried about what people think of you, which inhibits you from following God with your whole heart. Instead, follow those God-given desires with reckless abandon because all that will matter in the end is fulfilling God's plan for your life. You are called to serve God without reserve, so fulfill His plan without letting others sidetrack you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, give me the dedication to be Your servant alone. Help me not to be sidetracked by what others may think of me in Jesus' name. Amen."

22 Jan 2018 08:18 #1827 by DrMike
Living to Give

Today’s Scripture

"God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done..." (2 Corinthians 9:8, MSG)

Nothing moves the heart of God quite like taking the time and effort to meet the needs of hurting and desperate people. When you focus on meeting the needs of others, you won't have time to worry about your own needs - which is actually fine since God has promised to take care of your needs when you spend yourself on behalf of others. The Bible says that God wants to bless you and give you what you need in abundance, so why wouldn't you give? Give anything and everything you can, whether it's time, money, prayer or just a kind word. So if you want God to satisfy you with every good thing, go out and help somebody in need. Give your life away.

A Prayer for Today

"Lord, thank You for giving me so much from Your storehouse of love. Help me to reach out to others and make their lives more blessed in Jesus' name. Amen."

23 Jan 2018 03:37 #1828 by DrMike
A Person of Understanding

Today’s Scripture

"The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out." (Proverbs 20:5, NIV)

Did you know that right now you are equipped with everything you need to fulfill your passion and purpose in this life? Everything you need is on the inside of you—like deep waters. God leads you and draws those things out of you when you stay open and humble before Him. You draw those things out when you are submitted to His Word. You draw them out by declaring His truth over your life. That’s what makes you a person of understanding—because you understand and apply God’s principles!

Proverbs also tells us that a person of understanding delights in wisdom. A person of understanding is even-tempered. A person of understanding is not easily led astray and maintains peace and order. (Prov. 10:23; 15:21; 17:27; 28:2)

Don’t just live on the surface of life today. Be a person of understanding and draw from the resources that God has placed on the inside of you. As you keep your heart open by obeying the Word of God, His purposes will become clearer, and you will live in the abundant life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me with everything I need to be a success in life. I choose to humbly submit my life to You and obey Your Word. Thank You for revealing Your plans and purposes for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

24 Jan 2018 06:48 #1829 by DrMike
Don't Delay

Today’s Scripture

"I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments." (Psalm 119:60, NKJV)

Isn’t it interesting how easy it is to put things off? We plan on doing something. We have good intentions. We just plan to do it later. “One day, I’m going to start exercising. One day, I’m going to get my finances in order. One day, I’m going to forgive that person who hurt me.” The problem with this kind of thinking is that “one day” never comes. There will always be some reason to keep delaying it.

Is there something in your heart that you know you need to do? Maybe God has been dealing with you, and you keep putting it off. You think, “As soon as I get through this busy season, then I’ll spend more time with my family. As soon as the price of gas goes down, then I’ll start tithing my income. As soon as my child gets out of diapers, then I’m going to get my family back in church.” But friend, good intentions don’t equal obedience. The quicker you do what you feel down in your spirit, the happier you’re going to be. Don’t let unfinished business keep you from God’s best. Step out. Obey His voice and walk in the blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your patience and grace toward me. Search my heart. Show me the way to go. I choose to obey Your voice quickly and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

25 Jan 2018 06:18 #1830 by DrMike
Change Your Words, Change Your World

Today’s Scripture

"Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth and put devious speech far from you." (Proverbs 4:23-24, NASB)

We want to encourage you today to watch what you are saying. Your words have creative power, and you can use them as a destructive force or an instrument of blessing. If you continually speak negative words over your life, then eventual defeat will be the result. In the same way, if you speak words of faith and victory, you will see a harvest of blessing not only in your own life but also in the lives of those around you.

Remember your mother telling you: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?" That was good advice. Don't give life to your negative thoughts by speaking them out. You can't continue to speak negative words filled with doubt and unbelief and expect to have a positive life full of joy and hope. You can change your situation by changing your words. Talk about your visions and your dreams. Declare that you can do all things through Christ. Declare you are more than a conqueror.

When you find yourself in a difficult situation, don't say the first thing that pops into your head. Learn to control your emotions and take those thoughts captive. When you use words of faith and victory, God will fight your battles for you. You'll overcome every challenge that you face and live the abundant life that God has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, make me an instrument of blessing to those around me. I praise You for giving me self-control to hold my tongue rather than give life to negative thoughts. I want to have a positive life full of joy. Let that be reflected in what I say today in Jesus' name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.795 seconds