Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 Dec 2017 03:42 #1811 by DrMike
Remember Your Victories

Today’s Scripture

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph…" (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

When you think about your past, what events do you remember? What memories do you allow to play over and over in your mind? In the Old Testament, they had what they called memorial stones. These were used to remind the people about the good things God did in their lives—their victories.

Today, we need to remind ourselves to focus on our victories, too. Sure, we’ve all had setbacks, but when you meditate on your disappointments and failures, it only drains you of valuable energy. It steals your confidence and joy. But when you focus on your victories, it builds your strength and confidence. It feeds your faith and gives you a reason to give God praise.

I encourage you today to get into the habit of focusing on your victories. Remember, every good and perfect gift comes from Him. As you praise and thank Him for His favor and victory in your life, He’ll pour out His blessing on you. He’ll open up supernatural doors for you to move forward in strength to fulfill the dreams and desires He has placed in your heart!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to focus on my victories and let go of any negative experiences in my past. I bless and praise You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2017 03:36 #1812 by DrMike
Yes and Amen

Today’s Scripture

"For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." (2 Corinthians 1:20, NKJV)

Have you thought about the fact that God has already said “yes” to His promises in your life? You don’t have to beg God to be good to you. You don’t have to plead with Him to help you. God wants to help you. He wants to pour out His abundant blessing on your life.

Scripture says His promises are “yes and amen.” Amen means “so be it.” In other words, it’s a done deal. All you have to do is make sure you are living up to your end of the bargain. See, God’s love is unconditional, but we have to obey His commands in order to see His promises come to pass. For example, Malachi 3:10 says that we have to bring our tithe to Him in order to see the windows of heaven open. It says in Deuteronomy 5 that we are to honor our parents in order to live a long life.

The good news is that when we surrender our hearts to Him, He empowers us to fulfill every one of His commands. He equips us for every good work because He wants to see us live a blessed life. That’s why His promises are “yes” and “amen!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I believe that You have a good plan to pour out Your blessing and favor on me. Give me strength to obey Your commands and honor You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

01 Jan 2018 08:26 #1813 by DrMike
Trust His Timing

Today’s Scripture

"My times are in Your hand…" (Psalm 31:15, NASB)

One thing I’ve learned is that God doesn’t always work on our timetable. In fact, He rarely does. But in a single moment, God can change your life! All throughout Scripture, we see examples of how God was working behind the scenes and instantly turned things around for His people. Scripture tells us He is the same yesterday, today and forever which means if He did it for them, He can instantly turn things around for you, too!

You may be going through some difficulty today, but be encouraged because your times are in God’s hands. Trust that He has your best interest at heart. He wants to pour out His favor. He wants to take you further than you dreamed possible and work in your life in ways beyond what you have ever imagined.

Let this truth sink down into your heart today. Resist discouragement by speaking His Word over your future. Keep standing, keep hoping and keep believing because He is working behind the scenes. Have faith because your times are in His hands, and He will lead you in the life of victory He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I humbly come before You giving You all that I am. I trust that my times are in Your hands. I trust that You are working things out in my favor. I set my focus on You knowing that You are working things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 Jan 2018 09:38 #1814 by DrMike
The New Has Come

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)

As a believer in Jesus, you are a new creation. You have a new spirit and a new life! There may be “old” things in your life that you are trying to get rid of. Maybe you have old habits or addictions that you want to change. Remember today that the new has come. It’s a new year with new opportunities, and it’s time for you to be the new you. Let this be the year that you break old habits and addictions. Let this be the year that you move forward into a new life of victory. Let this be the year that you take hold of all the spiritual blessings the Lord has promised—peace, health, protection and victory.

Be encouraged today because no matter what is happening in your life right now, you have a chance for a new beginning. Choose to leave the old behind—leave behind old behaviors, old thinking, old words and old mindsets, and embrace the new by faith. Trust that He is leading you, and this year, declare His Word and embrace the blessings that He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for making me new. Help me to understand Your plan for me so that I can fully embrace Your promises. I choose today to leave behind the old life and ask that You empower me by Your spirit today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

03 Jan 2018 03:01 #1815 by DrMike
What Are Your Goals?

Today’s Scripture

"...I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back." (Philippians 3:13-14, MSG)

The reason it is so important for you to set and achieve goals is that you have a unique purpose that only you can fulfill. It's kind of like building your own house--something you had better not attempt without a clear vision of your goals and a good set of blueprints, or you may wind up with some extra doors or windows and no place to put them! God is the architect of your life. His Word is a blueprint of His hopes and plans for your life. Trust Him to help you set your goals. If you have a problem being focused and setting goals for your life, one of the best things you can do is to start writing them down, both short-term and long-term ones. It's amazing how your life can begin to take shape when you can see on paper where you want to go.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You that You are the architect of my life. Give me the wisdom to follow Your blueprint and set goals that reflect Your desires for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

05 Jan 2018 08:42 #1816 by DrMike
Keep Looking Ahead!

Today’s Scripture

"Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you." (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

In order to fulfill your divine destiny, you have to know your purpose. You need a plan, and then you must work within that plan. You should wake up each day knowing where you're going, which direction you will take to get there, and what you want to accomplish. Once you find your purpose, stick with it! Don't allow the distractions of life get you off course. Ask yourself, "Is what I'm doing moving me toward my God-given destiny? Am I staying focused? Is this my purpose, or am I just wasting my time being busy?" Don't be distracted and spend your time and energy on things that may be interesting but not helping you fulfill your destiny. Remember, God's plans are blessed, and as you walk in His plan for your life, you will experience His abundant blessing on everything you set your hand to!

A Prayer for Today

"God, Your Word promises that You will guide me if I seek You.Show me how to order my time and arrange my schedule to accomplish Your will in Jesus' name. Amen"

08 Jan 2018 03:26 #1817 by DrMike
Be Yourself

Today’s Scripture

"Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith." (Romans 12:6, NASB)

The key to living a happy, fulfilling, satisfied life is really very simple. Just be the person God made youto be and have the courage to do what God called you to do. He has a unique and individual plan for your life, and the way to becoming a champion for God is to discover that plan and follow it wherever it may lead. But because you are human, it's easy for you to get distracted -- many times because you're trying too hard to please other people. Of course, there are legitimate demands on your time that must be met. The good news is that these things don't have to thwart God's plans for you. Just make it your desire to follow and please Him, and you won't be thrown off the path by life's demands and distractions.

A Prayer for Today

"Lord, please help me today to use the abilities and gifts You have given me to honor You. Thank You for not expecting me to try and be someone other than the person You made meto be in Jesus' name. Amen"

09 Jan 2018 03:40 #1818 by DrMike
He Collects Your Tears

Today’s Scripture

"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." (Psalm 56:8, NLT)

Do you know how important you are to God? He cares so much about every detail of your life. He cares about your thoughts, feelings and emotions. In fact, what you are going through is so important to Him that He records every sorrow and collects the tears you’ve shed.

Why would God record your sorrows and collect your tears? Because everything that affects you matters to Him. He is your Vindicator. He’s keeping an account of every wrong that’s ever been done to you so that He can make up for every single one of them. He wants to restore to you everything that has ever been stolen. He wants to heal every hurt and pain.

Today, know that God cares about the things that concern you. He cares about the things that hurt you. He is close to the brokenhearted, and He wants to bring you peace and comfort. Turn to Him and receive His love. Let Him bring healing to your heart and restoration to your soul.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for loving me and caring about the things that concern me. I choose to give You every hurt, painand sorrow, knowing that You will make all things new in Your time in Jesus’ name. Amen."

10 Jan 2018 03:36 #1819 by DrMike
What Pleases God

Today’s Scripture

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

Do you know what pleases God? He's not impressed by how much knowledge we have. He isn't influenced by how many possessions we own. He's not moved by our accomplishments; He is moved simply by our faith in Him.

Faith is a gift. It's not something that has to be contrived or worked up. The Scripture tells us that everyone has been given a measure of faith. It also says that faith grows as we hear the Word of God. That's why it's so important to stay connected to a Bible-based church where the Word of God is being taught. It's why we need to make time every day to read and study His Word because that's how you feed your faith. The more you know His Word, the more you understand that God is good, and He rewards the people who seek after Him.

Today, take time to feed your faith. Meditate on His Word and ask Him to illuminate your heart with His truth. Trust that He is good and has good things in store for your future because faith is what pleases God!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for giving me the gift of faith so that I can be pleasing to You. As I seek You and study Your Word, illuminate my heart with Your truth. Transform me into Your image and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus' name. Amen."

11 Jan 2018 03:39 #1820 by DrMike
Jesus Loves the Little Children

Today’s Scripture

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."(Matthew 19:14, NIV)

There’s a story in Scripture about a time when the children wanted to run to Jesus, but the adults, thinking they were helping, kept them away from Him. When Jesus saw what was going on, He said, “Let them come to me!” Jesus loves children. He says that children are the example of faith and trust that we should follow. Like the children, we should always run to Him. We should always trust Him. We should always find safety in His loving arms.

It’s interesting that the Scripture says “the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.” This tells me that little children are always welcome in heaven, too. Those young ones who leave the earth before they are old enough to have an understanding of what it means to be saved are received with open arms.

Today, if you aren’t sure where you would spend eternity, if this were your last day on earth, we want you to know that God loves you and made a way for you to have eternal life. Click this link for more information and for prayer.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your love and grace. Today, I come to You as a little child—with faith, hope and trust. Show me Your love, show me Your grace, and show me the good plan You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds