Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Feb 2018 07:58 #1851 by DrMike
The Ability to Believe

Today’s Scripture

"…God has dealt to each one a measure of faith." (Romans 12:3, NKJV)

One of the greatest abilities God has given each one of us is our ability to believe. If you believe God’s Word, you can be successful. If you believe God’s Word, you can overcome mistakes of the past. If you believe God’s Word, you can fulfill your God-given destiny. There is incredible power in what you believe. What you believe is greater than your circumstances, greater than your trials, greater than your medical report, and greater than your bank account! When you get into agreement with God and believe what He says about you, then what you believe will supersede any natural law. I have a friend that came to this country with nothing but the clothes on his back. Today, he runs a Fortune 500 company. Against all odds, he believed he could do what God placed in his heart.

Today, nurture those seeds of faith by dwelling on His Word. As you get the Word of God in your heart, faith will come to you. Faith will grow and strengthen in you. Faith will rise up in you and empower you to take hold of all the blessings God has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word of truth which sets me free and deposits faith in my heart. I lift up my eyes to You. I turn my focus toward Your Word and invite You to have Your way in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2018 03:43 #1852 by DrMike
How Will You Accomplish Your Dreams?

Today’s Scripture

"...'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6, NASB)

Are you facing a situation that seems impossible? Have you been fighting a battle for a long time? The key is: don’t go around talking about how big the problem is. Don’t go around confessing that you’re never going to make it. No, start declaring, “The gracious hand of God is upon my life!” When you realize God’s hand of favor is upon you, you will accomplish your dreams faster than you thought!

When those thoughts of doubt come, declare the truth of God’s Word! "How are you going to get out of debt?" “The gracious hand of God is upon my life.” “How are you going to get well?” “The gracious hand of God is upon my life.” “How are you going to break that addiction?” “The gracious hand of God.” “How are you going to accomplish your dreams?” “The gracious hand of God!”

The more you brag on God’s favor, the more you declare and believe His promises, the more you’ll see His favor. As you keep standing in faith, as You keep hoping in Him, you’ll see His promises manifest in your life. You’ll experience His favor and victory and see every dream and desire come to pass!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for placing Your dreams and desires within me and for creating a plan to bring them to pass. Even when I can’t see a way, I trust that You are making a way. You are good, and today I declare that Your gracious hand is upon every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

26 Feb 2018 03:43 #1853 by DrMike
Retrain Your Brain

Today’s Scripture

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2, NKJV)

Living in victory means that sometimes you have to develop new habits. If you’ve been negative for a long time, you’ve got to retrain your thinking from “I can’t” to “I can;” from “It won’t happen” to “It will happen;” from “I’ll never get well” to “God is restoring health unto me;” from “I never get any good breaks” to “God’s favor surrounds me like a shield;” from “I’ve made too many mistakes. I’m all washed up;” to “I’m redeemed and forgiven. My best days are still out in front of me.”

It doesn’t matter how bad it looks, how many people have told you no, or how long it’s been that way, God has the final say. It’s not over till God says it’s over. Shake off the self-pity. Shake off the disappointment. Declare His promises over your life and see His victory as you align yourself with Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for being my source of life. Thank You for the hand of blessing that is leading and guiding me. I choose to make You the number one priority in my life. Let my heart hunger only for You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

27 Feb 2018 06:46 #1854 by DrMike
He Withholds No Good Thing

Today’s Scripture

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

What do you need from the Lord today? Do you need peace, provision, guidance? The Word of God promises that no good thing will He withhold from those who walk blamelessly before Him. Now you may be thinking, “Joel, I’m not perfect. How can I have a blameless walk?” The Good News is, when you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you automatically have a new walk. The past is erased in God’s eyes. And sure, you may make mistakes, but 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” When you repent of your sins and receive God’s forgiveness, you are cleansed, and your walk is blameless. You have to understand that God wants to pour His favor and honor on you. If you feel like there is anything in your life that you need to be cleansed from, go to the Father today and confess it to Him. Let Him make you new so that you can receive the good things He has in store for you! Let Him pour His blessing on you so that you can walk in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and choosing to pour out Your favor and blessing on me today. Thank You for giving me a new beginning and making me blameless in Your eyes. Search my heart today and show me if there is anything that would keep me from You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Feb 2018 03:42 #1855 by DrMike
God's Deepest Secrets

Today’s Scripture

"That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets."(1 Corinthians 2:9-10, NLT)

Who do you share your deepest secrets with? Most people only share their inner thoughts with those who are closest to them. People they trust. People they’ve gone through experiences with. Do you know who God share’s His secrets with? This passage goes on to say, “Who can know a man’s thoughts except his own spirit?” In other words, God’s Spirit knows His thoughts. As believers, His Spirit lives inside of us, revealing to us the heart and thoughts of God Himself.

God wants you to know what He thinks about you. He wants you to know about the plans He has for you. He wants to show you things you’ve never seen, heard about or even imagined. As a believer in Jesus, you are His child, but you are also His friend. He wants you as His closest companion. He wants to walk with you, talk with you and share with you. What a wonderful, amazing thought—we can know God’s thoughts because we are one with Him. Open your heart and allow Him to share His deep secrets with you today.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I am so humbled that You call me friend. I am honored to be connected with You and invite You to share Your heart with me. I surrender all that I am to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

01 Mar 2018 06:01 #1856 by DrMike
Constantly Speak

Today’s Scripture

"I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1, KJV)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing with your words? Scripture tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. That’s why it’s so important to declare praises to God all throughout the day. Things may be bad all around you, people may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that spirit rub off on you. The worse it gets, the brighter you’re going to shine. The good news is that no matter how you feel, no matter what’s going on around you, you can choose your words. There’s nothing that can stop you from constantly speaking His Word!

Today I encourage you to be determined to set the tone for your day, week, month and year by praising God and speaking words of faith over your future. Remember, when you put God first, He promises to honor you. He will pour out His favor on you and lead you into life, health, strengthand blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness at all times in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

02 Mar 2018 03:35 #1857 by DrMike
Free for All

Today’s Scripture

"...God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right." (Acts 10:34-35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom—and God's freedom is free for everyone! It doesn't matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn't matter how much money you have or don't have; God wants you free from everything that would hold you back from your relationship with Him!

God wants to pour out His abundant blessing on all who honor Him and do what is right. In fact, the Bible says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God's not judging you based on physical conditions. He's looking at your heart. He's looking at the gifts He's placed inside of you.

Don't let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, loveand freedom. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right, and you'll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for loving and accepting me today. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is any area that isn't pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

05 Mar 2018 03:38 #1858 by DrMike
Hold On to Hope

Today’s Scripture

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (John 10:10, ESV)

Jesus is always on a mission of life. He wants to bring life to your spirit, life to your dreams, life to your finances, life to your relationships, and every area of your existence. He is always working behind the scenes; He is always out for your good. Things may not always be good, but that just means it isn't over yet. We can hold on to hope today because He who promised is faithful. We can't lose if we don't quit!

The thief in today's Scripture is the enemy, the devil. He will do his best to knock you down and get you to quit. But Scripture says that Jesus has already overcome him and his ability to harm you! The key is, don't give up! You have to keep standing, keep believing, keep praying and keep hoping in God until you see the victory! Don't let your thoughts drift down to the worst case scenario. Instead, set your mind on hope! Speak words of faith. Declare that the answer is on the way. Hold on to hope and watch what God will do in your life!

A Prayer for Today

"God, do not allow the enemy to overcome me, but help me to guard my joy, my hope and my victory in Christ, which are wonderful gifts from You in Jesus' name! Amen."

06 Mar 2018 08:18 #1859 by DrMike
Pleasant Words

Today’s Scripture

"Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body." (Proverbs 16:24, AMPC)

Do you look for good things to say about yourself and others? Are you speaking pleasant words? The Bible tells us that pleasant words are healing to the body. Do you need healing in your body—physically? Spiritually? Emotionally? Your words can bring that healing. Start speaking pleasant words—words of life, encouragement and thanksgiving. Guard your heart by making sure you are only listening to pleasant, life-giving words. If there's something on the TV or radio that isn't bringing life to your soul, turn it off. If someone's having a conversation that's not uplifting or productive, don't be a part of it. Choose to meditate on God's Word which, according to Hebrews, is living and active and full of pleasant words. As you choose life by choosing life-giving words, you'll see God's healing operating in your life. You'll feel strength and peace in your soul, and you will move forward into the abundant life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your word which is truth that sets me free. I repent today for any words that have brought destruction into my life or the lives of those around me. I ask that You uproot every negative seed that is contrary to Your Word. I choose words of life today that I may glorify You in Jesus' name. Amen."

07 Mar 2018 07:30 #1860 by DrMike
Live in Peace

Today’s Scripture

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (Romans 12:18, NIV)

There's a tremendous strength that comes to you when you choose to live in peace. That's why the Lord commands that we live at peace with those around us. When there is strife and contention, the enemy has an open door to move in your life. But when we are at peace with those around us, we are in a position of strength.

Being at peace with those around you doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone all the time. It simply means you are choosing to walk in love. It means you are patient and kind, not envious or boastful. It means you are considerate and gracious even when you don't agree. Today, choose peace, choose love, and choose to walk in the strength and blessing the Lord has commanded on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of peace which is strength. Today, I choose to release any strife or contention in my heart. I ask You to fill me with Your peace so that I can be an instrument of peace everywhere I go in Jesus' name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds