Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 Mar 2018 10:02 #1871 by DrMike
He Holds You in His Hand

Today’s Scripture

"Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand..." (Isaiah 41:10, AMP)

We all face situations in life that feel out of control. During times like these, it’s easy to get discouraged and allow fear to creep in; but instead, why don’t you focus on the fact that God is holding you in the palm of His hand! There is nothing too difficult for Him; nothing’s impossible; nothing is beyond His ability. When God holds you in His hand, you are safe; you are cared for. In His hand, there is victory. In His hand, there is strength. In His hand, there is provision. In His hand is everything you need.

No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you. Instead of getting down and depressed over your circumstances, look up and get a vision of God turning that situation around. Get a vision of His favor, promotion and increase in your life. As you stand in faith, you’ll see those supernatural breaks that will launch you further ahead than you ever thought possible! Remember, He holds you in His victorious right hand!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for helping me and holding me in Your victorious right hand. I choose to trust You even when things don’t make sense, even when things seem beyond my control. I release my cares to You knowing that You work all things together for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2018 03:39 #1872 by DrMike
Ask for Rain

Today’s Scripture

"Ask the LORD for rain in the time of the latter rain..." (Zechariah 10:1, NKJV)

We all face disappointments and setbacks. Life is full of things that try to push us down. Maybe you got bad news concerning your health. A relationship didn't work out. Maybe you lost your job. It was a setback. When we face setbacks, it's easy to get discouraged or lose our enthusiasm. Too often, we are tempted to just settle where we are. But if we're going to see God's best, we have to have a bounce-back mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don't stay down. You get back up again. It means when disappointments come, you shake them off knowing that what the enemy meant for your harm, God is going to turn around and use for your good.

When you're a bounce-back person, you know that adversity is not permanent. Weeping may endure for a night, but you know joy is coming in the morning. There is wonderful joy ahead on the other side of this trial. Keep standing, keep believing, and choose to be a bounce-back person because you are coming out better off than you were before! You are rising higher, and you will fulfill the destiny God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy and favor. I ask for rain in the time of rain. I ask for increase in Your favor and blessing so I can be a blessing to those around me today and always in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555Ask for Rain

Today’s Scripture

"Ask the LORD for rain in the time of the latter rain..." (Zechariah 10:1, NKJV)

We all face disappointments and setbacks. Life is full of things that try to push us down. Maybe you got bad news concerning your health. A relationship didn't work out. Maybe you lost your job. It was a setback. When we face setbacks, it's easy to get discouraged or lose our enthusiasm. Too often, we are tempted to just settle where we are. But if we're going to see God's best, we have to have a bounce-back mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don't stay down. You get back up again. It means when disappointments come, you shake them off knowing that what the enemy meant for your harm, God is going to turn around and use for your good.

When you're a bounce-back person, you know that adversity is not permanent. Weeping may endure for a night, but you know joy is coming in the morning. There is wonderful joy ahead on the other side of this trial. Keep standing, keep believing, and choose to be a bounce-back person because you are coming out better off than you were before! You are rising higher, and you will fulfill the destiny God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy and favor. I ask for rain in the time of rain. I ask for increase in Your favor and blessing so I can be a blessing to those around me today and always in Jesus' name. Amen."

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

30 Mar 2018 03:42 #1873 by DrMike
Destined for Blessing

Today’s Scripture

"For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us]." (Ephesians 2:10, AMP)

You are destined for blessing! Are you living the good life that God has prearranged for you? Everything you need to live as an overcomer is inside of you by the power of the Holy Spirit. As a believer, there are seeds of success on the inside of you. There are blessings in store for you. If you’ll get into agreement with God in your thoughts, attitudes, words and actions, then you will be positioned to receive all of His spiritual blessings.

Choose to start your day by declaring what God says about you. Declare, “I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am healthy and strong. I have favor. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath.” Friend, when you start speaking like that, all of heaven takes notice. Your faith activates His plan for your life. Angels are dispatched on your behalf. Blessings are set in motion. Before you know it, you are living the good life He promised and moving forward into the destiny of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for loving me and setting me up for blessing. I choose to speak Your truth over my life so that I can be all that You’ve called me to be. I honor You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 Apr 2018 03:28 #1874 by DrMike
He Delights in Your Prosperity

Today’s Scripture

"...Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant." (Psalm 35:27, KJV)

Our God is a running-over God! He doesn’t want you to just have barely enough to meet your own needs. God wants you to be so blessed that when other people get around you, it overflows onto them! He wants you to be so blessed in your finances that not only can you pay your bills and accomplish your own dreams, but you can be a blessing to others.

In the same way that a parent loves to see their children doing well and excelling, God wants you to do well and excel in every area. He takes pleasure in prospering you. But the key is that you have to make room for it in your thinking. You have to expect that He wants to bless you. Take a step of faith today toward the dreams that are in your heart. Begin to thank Him for His abundance in every area of your life. Declare that because you walk in obedience, God’s blessings are going to chase you down and overtake you! Don’t just settle for a “good enough” mentality. Develop an overflow mentality, and you’ll see God’s hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I surrender my thoughts to You. Develop in me an overflow mentality and teach me to be a blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."

03 Apr 2018 06:59 #1875 by DrMike
Don't Be Just "Good Enough"

Today’s Scripture

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14, NIV)

God has planted His seed of hope, power and victory inside of you! All you have to do is allow God to bring the best out of your life and decide you won't settle for "good enough." It may not always be easy to do this, but it's very possible! Perhaps you have made a hurtful mistake in your past, and that is still haunting you. If you let the enemy tell you that you're not good enough for God's forgiveness, then you're settling for less than God's victory. Setbacks are part of life, but Jesus said He came to give you an abundant life! If you decide to strive for excellence, there is no limit to what the Lord can do through you and with you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I know that You have given me forgiveness, and You desire that I live in victory. I choose to live in Your victory today and not settle for "good enough" in Jesus' name. Amen."

04 Apr 2018 06:28 #1876 by DrMike
Calling Forth Seeds of Greatness

Today’s Scripture

"But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." (Jeremiah 17:7, NIV)

Today, I want to declare words of blessing over you. I want to call forth your seeds of greatness. Someone may have told you what you can't become, but I'm here to tell you what you can become. As a believer in Jesus, all of the blessings in His Word belong to you! Receive it by faith today!You are a person of destiny. You are equipped. You are talented. You are creative. You were designed for a purpose. You are loved, chosen and accepted by Almighty God. There is nothing you can do to make Him love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you less. His grace is sufficient for you. His angels have charge over you. You are blessed coming in and blessed going out. You have uncommon wisdom. You have uncommon joy. You have uncommon peace. He is your vindicator, and He will fight for you! No weapon formed against you shall prosper as you serve Him all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for blessing me as I put my trust in You. Today, I set my heart and mind on You. I praise You for Your goodness and faithfulness. I receive Your blessing upon every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

05 Apr 2018 06:48 #1877 by DrMike
Ascend

Today’s Scripture

"Who may ascend onto the mountain of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place?"(Psalm 24:3, AMP)

Did you know that you are meant to rise high in heavenly places? You are meant to stand with God in His Holy place? But notice that in order to ascend, we have to make sure we have clean hands and a pure heart. How do we do that? First of all, only the blood of Jesus can make us clean and new. Once we receive Him as our Lord and Savior, we have to choose every day to stand against the contaminating forces of the enemy that would try to hold us down.

It all starts in our thought life. We have to guard our thoughts by guarding what we allow to influence our thoughts. We can't just watch any old thing on TV. We can't just listen to any old conversation. We have to make sure that what we allow into our minds is pleasing to the Lord because what we allow into our minds will eventually filter into our hearts. If we are going to ascend, we have to have higher thoughts; we have to have a higher way of living. Choose today to ascend so that you can partake of the blessing the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I choose higher thoughts. I choose higher living. Help me to guard my heart and mind so that I can live a life that is pleasing to You. I bless You today and always in Jesus' name. Amen."

06 Apr 2018 08:18 #1878 by DrMike
He is the Deliverer

Today’s Scripture

"The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all." (Psalm 34:19, NIV)

No matter what “troubles” you may be facing today, God has promised to deliver you! Notice this verse doesn’t say He’s going to deliver you from “some” of your troubles—if you say and do everything perfectly. No, if you are righteous today, God promises to deliver you from all of your troubles. How do you know if you are righteous? When you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, when you accept His forgiveness and believe He is working in your life, then you are righteous. Your faith and belief in the goodness of God is His righteousness at work in your heart. The Bible says in Romans 4 that “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

If you are facing troubles today, expect that God has a way of escape for you. Expect that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Meditate on this verse and let it sink deep into your heart. Know that God is good, and He is your Deliverer today. Believe in His goodness and faithfulness, and He will deliver you into the life of victory that He has planned!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank you for making me righteous by the blood of Jesus. I receive Your promises and choose to believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for being my Deliverer today and always in Jesus’ name! Amen."

10 Apr 2018 09:34 #1879 by DrMike
Call Things as Though They Are

Today’s Scripture

"…God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not." (Romans 4:17, NIV)

Your words have creative power. Just as God calls things that are not as though they were, we should also declare what we want to see in our lives. In other words, you may have days when you don't feel well, but don't go around saying, "Ah, my back has been hurting me. I'm getting so old. I don't think I'm ever going to get better." When you speak like that, you are speaking defeat into your future. Instead, turn it around. Declare a report of victory by saying, "I may not feel up to par, but I know it's only temporary. God is restoring health unto me. I'm getting stronger, healthier and feeling younger. My best days are still up ahead."

Remember, you're going to get what you call in to your life. You have creative power in your words, and you are prophesying your future. Declare what God says about you – that you are blessed and cannot be cursed, that you are above only and not beneath! As you call things that are not as though they were, you will see God's wonderful promises and blessing come to pass in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for entrusting me with Your power. I choose to declare words of life and victory. Help me, Holy Spirit, to use my words to move forward in victory the way You have planned in Jesus' name. Amen."

11 Apr 2018 07:06 #1880 by DrMike
Setup for a Comeback

Today’s Scripture

"For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again…" (Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you got some bad news concerning your health, or maybe a relationship didn’t work out. That was a setback. It’s easy to get discouraged or lose your enthusiasm or even be tempted to just settle where you are. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a “bounce back” mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don’t stay down. You get back up again. You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it’s a setup for a comeback!

Remember, as a believer, the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. There is no challenge too difficult, no obstacle too high, no sickness, no disappointment, no person, nothing that can keep you from your God-given destiny. If you stay in faith, then God will turn what was meant to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone, and you’ll move forward as a champion full of faith and victory!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for setting me up for success in everything I do. I choose to trust and rely on You knowing that Your plans are for my good. I know my best days are ahead of me and look ahead to the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds