Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Apr 2018 04:52 #1881 by DrMike
It's Your Time

Today’s Scripture

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time…" (Habakkuk 2:3, NKJV)

God has planted seeds of greatness on the inside of you, and He has predestined that those things in your heart will come to pass. You may have had more than your share of unfair things happen in your life. You probably have plenty of reasons to just settle where you are. But understand, the depth of your past is an indication of the height of your future.

If you’ve been through a lot of negative things in the past, it just means that your future is bigger and brighter and greater than you can even imagine. It’s your time to step out and embrace all that God has for you! Are there dreams and promises that you’ve let go of? Are there things that God has placed in your heart, but because of time, because of disappointments, you’ve given up on them?

Today is the day to give your dreams a new beginning. Today is the day to allow faith to rise in your heart. Remember, what’s happened to you is not nearly as important as what’s happened in you, and you are stronger and wiser than ever before. It’s your time, it’s your season to move forward into the destiny that God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for what You are doing in my life today. I receive the vision You have for me. I receive Your hope. I look forward with joy to all You have for my future in Jesus name. Amen!"

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2018 07:05 #1882 by DrMike
Say So

Today’s Scripture

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary." (Psalm 107:2, AMPC)

Notice that today’s Scripture doesn’t say, “Let the redeemed of the Lord think so,” or “Let the redeemed believe so.” Of course, it’s important to think right and believe right, but something supernatural happens when we open our mouths and declare a thing. You don’t even have to say it to anyone else, you can just say it to yourself—driving to work or in the shower—you can say, “The economy may be low, but I am blessed. I am prosperous. I will lend and not borrow.” “I may have had some setbacks, but I know those setbacks are a setup for a comeback! This is still going to be my best year so far. The favor of God is turning things around.” You are prophesying your future.

Remember, when you say what the Lord has done for you, when you declare that you are redeemed, you are opening the door for God to move on your behalf. The Scripture tells us that He watches over His Word to perform it. When you declare His Word, when you speak His promises, He is faithful to fulfill them and lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for delivering me and setting me free. I will declare Your goodness. I will declare Your promises. I will declare Your favor so that I can live the good life You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

16 Apr 2018 03:44 #1883 by DrMike
The Lord is With You

Today's Scripture

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9, ESV)

No matter what today has in store, as a believer in Jesus, you can approach the day with boldness and confidence. Why? Because the Lord is with you, and in Him is everything you need in this life. That means if you need provision for something today, provision is with you. If you need wisdom today, wisdom is with you. If you need strength, joy or peace today, they're with you. You can be confident today knowing that all of your needs are supplied spiritually, physically and emotionally because the Lord is with you. And best of all, He's promised never to leave you! Isn't it good to know that you will always have whatever you need any time you need it!

Today, don't let lies from the enemy or pressure from the world keep you from taking hold of everything the Lord has for you. Open your heart by faith and receive whatever it is that you need today. Just begin to thank Him for His provision in your life and move forward in confidence and strength knowing that the Lord is with you!

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for Your faithfulness. I know that You are closer to me than the air I breathe. Today I receive Your promises in faith and choose to cast all of my cares on You in Jesus' name. Amen.

17 Apr 2018 03:15 #1884 by DrMike
Take the High Road

Today’s Scripture

“The LORD will fight for you while you [only need to] keep silent and remain calm.” (Exodus 14:14, AMP)

In life, we’re always going to have critics. We’ll always have difficult people who try to upset us and steal our peace and joy. But, you don’t have to respond to every critic. You can decide to take the high road and let God fight your battles for you.

Sometimes, no matter what you say or do, there are people who aren’t going to accept you. They just don’t want to be at peace with you. In fact, when Jesus sent out His disciples to certain homes, He told them to always speak peace over those homes. And then He said in effect, “If they don’t receive the peace that you’re offering, then it will come back to you.” That tells me, if you will do your best to be at peace with people, even if they won’t take your peace, the good news is that peace will just come back to you. You’ll not only get your peace, but you’ll get their share as well! That’s double for your trouble! When you do the right thing no matter what is happening, God sees it and rewards it. Today, stay in peace, cease from strife, and take the high road. Sow good seeds into others and watch the harvest of blessing come to your own life in return.

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, I choose to hold my peace. I choose to do the right thing even when the wrong thing is happening. I trust that You are fighting my battles for me. I give You all the honor and praise in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Apr 2018 03:44 #1885 by DrMike
Press Through

Today’s Scripture

“Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7, AMP)

In Mark chapter five, there was a woman who had been sick for twelve years. The doctors gave her no hope. But she heard that Jesus was passing through her town. Something deep down on the inside was saying, “This is your season. This is your time to get well.” In the natural, when she saw all the people around Him, she thought, “I’ll never get to Him. It’s so crowded and I’m weak.” She almost missed her season. But instead of dwelling on those negative thoughts, instead of looking at her situation, she started reminding herself, “If I can just get to Jesus, I will be whole.” She made the choice to turn her thoughts in the right direction and was empowered to take a leap of faith. She pressed through the crowd until she got just close enough to touch the edge of Jesus’ robe. Instantly, she was made whole.

Jesus said in Mark 5:34, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.” Notice it’s our faith that activates God’s power. We have to press through our thoughts, press through our circumstances, press through the crowd and obstacles until we touch Him.

Today, with every step you take, God is drawing closer to you. He’ll meet your faith with His miraculous power so you can embrace the victory He has waiting for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I ask You to fill me with Your strength, peace and joy so that I can press through to victory today. Show me the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

19 Apr 2018 03:44 #1886 by DrMike
The Power of Integrity

Today’s Scripture

“The Lord judges the people; judge me, O Lord, and do me justice according to my righteousness [my rightness, justice, and right standing with You] and according to the integrity that is in me.” (Psalm 7:8, AMPC)

Integrity is a powerful attribute in the life of the believer. Integrity means that you are dependable. You are a person of your word. You’re consistent and honest.

You might say, “Oh, I’m a pretty good person. I do the right thing most of the time.” But understand, it’s the little foxes that spoil the vine. You can veer off course just a little bit, and before you know it, you’re miles away from your destination. Don’t allow the little things to keep you from your destiny; choose integrity—even when no one is looking. For instance, you might need some paper at home, but you shouldn’t take supplies from the office. Or, you might be running into a store for just a minute, but don’t park in the handicap parking spot unless you’re supposed to. If the checkout clerk makes a mistake and gives you too much money back, that’s not God’s provision, that’s a test of integrity!

Remember, if you’ll be faithful and choose integrity in the little things, God will make you ruler over much. Be a person of integrity and open the door for God’s blessing and honor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I commit to live a life of integrity. I choose a life of excellence and ask for Your hand of favor. Show me any area that is not pleasing to You so that I can continue to grow and increase in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Apr 2018 07:29 #1887 by DrMike
Avoid Stumbling

Today’s Scripture

“Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” (Psalm 119:165, NIV)

If you’re outside walking and see something that could cause you to trip and fall, maybe a rock or a stick, you probably don’t make a big deal about it and just go around it. However, if you are distracted and not looking where you’re going, or if it’s too dark to see, that same object can become a stumbling block.

Friend, in our spiritual journey, the enemy has strategically placed all kinds of stumbling blocks in our paths. When we make the Word of God our number one priority, it helps us to move forward with our eyes wide open. His Word lights our path and helps us see clearly where to step. When we love His Word, we keep our peace and avoid stumbling. Remember, the most important thing you can do is take time to read and meditate on His Word. His Word is life and strength to your body, and it will protect and direct your every step today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to hold Your commands close to my heart knowing that they will protect and guide me. I bless You and thank You for keeping me close to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

23 Apr 2018 03:38 #1888 by DrMike
Hidden in Him

Today’s Scripture

“For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.” (Psalm 27:5, NIV)

What a wonderful promise found in today’s Scripture that when you seek God, when you serve Him with your whole heart, He will hide you in His shelter. You can be so connected to Father God that you are untouchable and invisible to the enemy! You are hidden in Him! That means no matter what is happening around you, you will have strength, confidence and rest greater than ever before knowing that you are safe in Him. Challenges may come your way, but you won’t be worried about them. You know that, ultimately, things are going to work out for your good. You know that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. People may be talking, trying to make you look bad, but you don’t even give it a second thought. You know that your future is too bright to be distracted. You know they don’t control your destiny. You just keep on being your best, walking in integrity, meditating on the Word, worshiping throughout the day, and stay hidden in Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, I come to You with an open and humble heart. I surrender every area of my life to You. Mold me into Your image and keep me hidden in You. I bless You and praise You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

24 Apr 2018 08:02 #1889 by DrMike
Sowing Good Seeds

Today’s Scripture

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” (Galatians 6:7–8, NIV)

Whether you realize it or not, everything you are experiencing in your life today is a direct result of the seeds you’ve sown in your past. Today, you are planting seeds for the harvest in your future. Just as the farmer expects a crop from the seeds he's sown, we can expect a harvest from the seeds we’ve sown, good or bad. That’s why we have to be deliberate about the seeds we are sowing. We have to wake up every day and set our minds on God’s Word and then choose to speak His truth over our lives. We have to constantly evaluate our actions to make sure we are depositing good seeds so we can reap a good harvest in the future.

Why don’t you take some time right now to ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and mind? See if there are any negative seeds that you’ve sown in the past that need to be uprooted. Be deliberate about planting the Word of God in the soil of your heart. Sow good seeds into your future so you can reap the harvest of blessing God has designed for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the system of sowing and reaping. Thank You for giving me good seed to sow! I ask that You search my heart and mind and show me where to sow my seed so I can reap the abundant harvest You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Apr 2018 03:32 #1890 by DrMike
Believing is Seeing

Today’s Scripture

“By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.” (Hebrews 11:3, NKJV)

You were created by Almighty God to live a blessed and fulfilled life. But so many people live far below the level of what God truly intends for them simply because they don’t see how it could happen. The truth is that you have to believe before you’re ever going to see something take place in the natural. You have to look with your eyes of faith because the provision, healing and miracle that you need are already available in the supernatural realm.

You might say, “Well, I don’t know how to do that. I don’t know how to look with my eyes of faith.” The way you open your eyes of faith is by reading and meditating on the Word of God. His Word deposits strength and faith inside of you and illuminates your heart. His Word causes your faith to grow so you can believe His promises. And when you believe it, then you will see it because all things are possible for those who believe!

Today, feed your faith by meditating on His Word. Declare His promises over your life. Keep moving forward with an attitude of expectancy knowing that He has victory in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your sweet and precious promises. I choose to open the eyes of my heart so that I can see and receive the good things You have for me. Help me to be a blessing to others and keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds