Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Jan 2018 05:54 #1831 by DrMike
The Gift of Today

Today’s Scripture

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." (Psalm 90:12, KJV)

Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how precious and fragile our time on earth really is. It can be so easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something didn’t go your way, or someone said something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to get our focus off if we let it. But, we have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss out on the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today: don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable, a gift from heaven above. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given so we can live a life pleasing to You.”

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2018 07:53 #1832 by DrMike
Speak Vision

Today’s Scripture

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

Every word you speak matters. Something you say may seem insignificant to you, but to someone else those words can be life changing. When you use your words to lift someone’s spirit and speak words of vision and life over them, you are depositing seeds that will last throughout eternity.

It’s especially important to speak vision into our children. As a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher or friend, the children in your life need to hear on a regular basis that they can do something great with their lives. As parents, our words carry incredible weight. That’s why you should never put a child down. Don’t ever say, “You’re slow, clumsy or dumb. Why can’t you make good grades like your sister? Why can’t you hit the baseball like your cousin?” Those words are seeds. They can take root and affect that child many years later. Too many people have been crippled by low expectations. But today, all of that can change. Today, you can start to speak vision over yourself and the people in your life. Today, you can call out the seeds of greatness in others and stir up the gift of God inside. Today, speak life, speak hope and speak vision!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to speak life. I choose to speak hope. I choose to speak vision. Let me see the people in my life the way You see them. Let me see the potential You have placed in them so that I can call forth their seeds of greatness in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

30 Jan 2018 07:04 #1833 by DrMike
When Things Are Out of Control

Today’s Scripture

"Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense."(Proverbs 19:11, AMPC)

Every day, we have opportunities to get upset, be frustrated or get offended. Maybe you had plans that didn’t work out, or someone was rude to you at the office. Maybe you were doing something that should have taken one hour, and it ended up taking three. Life is full of inconveniences, but even though we can’t always control our circumstances, we can control our reaction. I heard somebody say, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.”

We should always go out each day with a positive attitude, full of hope and expecting God’s favor. But at the same time, we should recognize that most days are not going to go exactly as we plan. Remember, we were created to live in peace. Peace is our position of power. If you get stressed because you got off schedule, or upset because your child wouldn’t eat his breakfast, or frustrated because somebody offended you, what you’re doing is giving away your power. Instead, make the decision to release those offenses and disappointments so you can live in peace and enjoy the day as the blessing God prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I release every care, concern, offense and disappointment to You. I choose to keep the peace that You have given me. I look forward to today knowing that You are with me, leading me in victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."

31 Jan 2018 09:00 #1834 by DrMike
Don’t let small things hold you back

Today’s Scripture

"Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom."(Song of Solomon 2:15, ESV)

Oftentimes, it’s not big things that hold us back; it’s small things — especially in our finances. A few dollars a day on coffee quickly turns into hundreds. Too many credit cards become overwhelming to keep up with. That person who hasn’t balanced their checkbook in two years probably hears a little voice every time they go to write a check, “Get your finances in order.” We have to realize that if we’re not faithful with what we have, God won’t entrust us with more. One lady told me how she hadn’t balanced her checkbook in so long that she just closed the account and opened up a brand new one. At least she took action!

I have people tell me all the time, “ I’m going to start giving. I’m going to start tithing my income as soon as I make more money.” No, don’t wait until you have $1,000. Tithe on the $10 you have right now. Don’t let the little foxes spoil your finances. Don’t let another day go by without obeying God. When you set your finances in order, when you put God first in all you do, you are opening the door for His blessing. He says when we are faithful with the little, God will make us ruler over much!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, today I choose to be obedient. I don’t want to let little foxes affect my finances. I dedicate my resources to You. Speak to my heart and show me where to give. I choose to be a faithful sower and expect to reap an abundant harvest by Your Word in Jesus’ name! Amen."

01 Feb 2018 06:24 #1835 by DrMike
Only Believe

Today’s Scripture

"But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, ‘Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well." (Luke 8:50, NKJV)

In Scripture a man came to Jesus and said, “My little daughter is very sick. She is close to death. Will You come to my home and pray for her?” Jesus agreed. But along the way, He kept getting stopped, one interruption after another. Finally, word came back to Him saying, “No need to come. You’ve waited too late. The little girl has died.”

The people were upset and very distraught. But Jesus said to them in Luke 8:50 “Don’t be afraid. If you will only believe, the little girl will be well.” Notice the phrase, “Only believe.” Jesus went to the home, laid hands on the little girl, and she came back to life.

Are you facing a situation that seems impossible? In the natural, you don’t see how you can get well, or how you can overcome the addiction, or how your family can ever be restored. God is saying to you what He said to them, “If you will only believe, I will turn the situation around. If you only believe, breakthroughs are headed your way!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of victory upon my life. Thank You for making a way even when there seems to be no way. I choose to stand in faith. I choose to believe, knowing that You are ready, willing and able to cause me to overcome in this life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

05 Feb 2018 06:34 #1836 by DrMike
Forget the Former Thing

Today’s Scripture

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." (Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

Too often, people spend so much time and energy dwelling on the past, dwelling on mistakes, or dwelling on disappointments. They don’t even realize that their focus is keeping them from moving forward in life. But in order to fully experience God’s blessings, you have to let go of those past hurts. You have to forget the former things to make room for the new.

God has a new beginning in store for you, and the way you prepare for it is by getting rid of the old. Don't spend time focusing on where you’ve been; spend time focusing on where you’re going. When you “forget the former things,” it means you’re not worried about the past anymore. You don’t allow it to dictate your future. You may remember past events, but you don’t feel the pain like you used to. You’ve opened your heart to receive God’s healing. Begin today by declaring that your past is over! Forget the former things and receive the restoration and victory God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the life of blessing and victory You have prepared for me. I choose to forget the past. I choose to forgive. I choose to open my heart to You and receive everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

06 Feb 2018 06:36 #1837 by DrMike
The Journey of Preparation

Today’s Scripture

"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9, NKJV)

Oftentimes, God will use our experiences in life as stepping stones to prepare us for what He has in store next. Scripture tells us that He’ll even take the things the enemy tries to bring against us and turn them around and use them for our good. He is always leading us on a journey of preparation.

That’s why it’s so important to keep our eyes focused on Him. We have to trust that when we are submitted to Him—even if we don’t understand—He is ordering our steps. If something is not happening on your timetable, remind yourself, “God knows what He is doing. He has my best interest at heart. God is preparing me.” While you’re waiting, don’t make the mistake of trying to figure everything out. If you’re constantly trying to figure things out, that will only frustrate you. Turn it over to God. Declare, “God, my times are in Your hands. I’m not going to worry because I trust that You are leading me on a journey of preparation for all the wonderful blessings You have in store for me.”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that You are leading and guiding me. I trust that You are preparing me for all the wonderful blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

07 Feb 2018 06:52 #1838 by DrMike
You're in Good Company

Today’s Scripture

"…but Jesus refused to answer." (Luke 23:9, NLT)

In Scripture, many times people would come against Jesus and criticize Him. Many times it says, “Jesus answered them not a word.” He simply didn’t respond to His critics. He didn’t try to convince them to change their minds. He didn’t get upset because somebody was talking about Him. No, He just ignored it.

When people come against you and they’re jealous, trying to make you look bad, trying to discourage you, remember you’re in good company! Jesus was probably criticized more than anyone else. I love the fact that He didn’t try to explain Himself. He didn’t try to make everyone understand Him. He just stayed focused on what He was called to do. He simply ran His race.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I release every person who has criticized me or tried to discourage me. I choose to forgive them; I choose to turn away from that distraction. I choose to focus on You and the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

08 Feb 2018 07:11 #1839 by DrMike
Anointed to Be You

Today’s Scripture

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

Did you know that when you compare yourself to others or wish you were like someone else, it’s like saying He just didn’t do a good job? It’s actually like saying, “God, why did You make me subpar? Why did You make me less than?” Realize today, God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. No, you are a masterpiece! You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!

Today, let your attitude be, “I may not look like someone else or have the job that someone else has. That’s okay. Nobody will ever be a better me. I’m anointed to be me. I’m equipped to be me!” Remember, it’s easy to do what you are equipped to do. Don’t fall into the trap of trying to be like someone else. Accept who God made youto be and embrace the good things He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me. Thank You for equipping me to fulfill my destiny. Today I choose to focus on what You’ve placed in my hand knowing that as I am faithful to You, You will direct my steps. I bless You and praise You for who You are in Jesus’ name. Amen."

09 Feb 2018 01:57 #1840 by catcrazy1
Pastor Don,

Thank you for the positive encouragement from God's word. This has been an answer to prayer.

What is COFA?

Grateful in Him,

Crystal

Time to create page: 0.833 seconds