Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Mar 2018 07:47 #1861 by DrMike
When Things Look Hopeless

Today’s Scripture

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior." (Habakkuk 3:17-18, NIV)

The prophet Habakkuk knew what to do when things seemed completely hopeless. When he wrote this verse, his world was literally falling apart. He had nothing. Things seemed destitute. So what did Habakkuk do? He rejoiced and praised the Lord in spite of everything. He knew that God was bigger than His problems, and He already had a way to get Him out of those circumstances. Habakkuk was looking beyond His problems to what God could do in His life!

Let's follow Habakkuk's example. When something bad happens to you, thank God — not because you're suffering, but because you know He has the answer. When things look hopeless, praise Him because He will bring hope to your circumstances!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I call on You in the midst of my trouble. I praise You because You are my hope. I bless You and magnify You, knowing You have a good plan for my future in Jesus' name! Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2018 06:20 #1862 by DrMike
Love in Deed

Today’s Scripture

"But if anyone has this world's goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother and fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him? Little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth (in practice and in sincerity)." (1 John 3:17-18, AMPC)

You are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. The Lord wants to bless you today so that you can be a blessing to others. He wants to work through you to show His love and compassion. Notice this verse tells us that love isn't just about our words or thoughts, it's about our actions. Love is about reaching out and meeting the needs of others. Sometimes meeting someone's needs is as simple as a smile or sharing a word of encouragement. There are many ways to show the love of God. Can you pay for someone's gas or groceries? Do you see a need in someone's life that you can meet? Look for ways to put your love into action. The Bible says that it's His kindness that leads people to repentance, and the Lord wants to show His kindness in the earth through you. Step out and sow good seeds of love by meeting the needs of others. God promises that those seeds will produce an abundant harvest in your life in return!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. Thank You for choosing to work through me today. I submit myself and my resources to You. Show me ways to be a blessing to others so that the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Your glory in Jesus' name, Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

12 Mar 2018 03:23 #1863 by DrMike
Fix Your Eyes

Today’s Scripture

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:2, NIV 1984)

Are your eyes fixed on Jesus today? It’s so easy to let the distractions of the world and the cares of everyday life change your focus. Whatever you fix your eyes on, you open your spirit to. You can choose to fix your eyes on Jesus no matter what distractions of life are going on around you. You see, when you fix your eyes on Jesus, you are opening yourself to the Healer. You are opening yourself to the Deliverer. You are opening yourself to the Prince of Peace, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Provider, the Redeemer, the Strong Tower of refuge. What do you need in your life today? Peace? Fix your eyes on Jesus. Do you need healing? Fix your eyes on Jesus. Do you need a safe retreat? Fix your eyes on Jesus. Now you may have to turn off other things that you’ve been watching so that you can fix your eyes on Him. But remember, He is your source of life and the Author and Perfecter of your faith. Fix your eyes on Him and allow Him to work in your life so that you can experience the victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I choose to tune out the negative voices of the world so that I can fix my eyes on You. I acknowledge that You are my source and strength for every good thing in life. I open myself to You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

13 Mar 2018 08:02 #1864 by DrMike
Draw Closer to God

Today’s Scripture

"Come close to God, and God will come close to you… " (James 4:8, NLT)

God promises that He will draw close to you when you draw closer to Him. How do we draw closer to Him? Here are a couple of ways. First of all, this verse goes on to say that we must turn away from sin because sin separates us from God. Simply turning to God is the first way to draw closer to Him. Then the Bible tells us to come into His presence with thanksgiving in our hearts and give Him praise. When you have a thankful heart, you are drawing closer to Him. The Scripture tells us that God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. When you have a humble heart before Him, you are drawing closer to Him. When you seek Him with your whole heart, you will find Him. He will draw close to you.

Seek God today by reading your Bible, praying, meditating on His promises and worshiping Him. With an open heart, you can draw near to God just as you are, right where you are, and He will fill You with His peace and goodness all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I do offer You continual praise. I choose to follow Your Word so that You may be glorified through me. Let everything within me honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

14 Mar 2018 05:35 #1865 by DrMike
Let His Love Show

Today’s Scripture

"We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people." (1 Thessalonians 1:4, NLT)

When others look at your life, do they know that God loves you? Can they see the change in you? Do they know you are a follower of His? Remember, the evidence is in your words and actions. The most important thing you could ever know and show is that God loves you. His love changes us. His love empowers us. His love takes us to new levels. His love gives us eternal life. Open your heart fully and receive His love today. Then turn around and love Him in return by following His commands. Make the decision today to let His love show all over you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for loving me, for empowering me and changing me to be more like You. Have Your way in my heart so that I can be a shining light of Your love to the people around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

15 Mar 2018 08:13 #1866 by DrMike
Stay Connected

Today’s Scripture

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5, NKJV)

Do you need more power and strength in your life today? When you are connected to the Father through Jesus, you are connected to your life source. Just as a branch is sustained by the vine it’s attached to, we are sustained by being attached to Him.

If you think about how fruit grows, it doesn’t just happen over night; it takes time and the right conditions. In the same way, the spiritual fruit in your own life develops over time, too. You might be tempted to get discouraged if you aren’t seeing “fruit” as quickly as you’d like, but be encouraged today! If you’ll keep your heart humble before the Lord and stay connected to Him through prayer and studying His Word, you’ll see that fruit begin to form in your life just as He promised! You’ll see the fruit of joy, which is strength. You’ll see the fruit of love and peace, which will sustain you in the midst of difficulty. As you stay connected to Him, you’ll be empowered and equipped for every circumstance, and you’ll live as an overcomer in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I humbly come before You. I recognize that You are the source for everything I need in this life. Keep me close to You always and turn my heart and mind toward Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen."

16 Mar 2018 03:10 #1867 by DrMike
Normal Heroes

Today’s Scripture

"...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20, NIV)

Great Bible characters didn't live a life of great exploits every day. They lived most of their lives the same way you do, taking care of the day-to-day things. Take the life of Noah, for instance. It must have been a great day for Noah when the rain finally started falling and his family raced onto the ark. And it was probably the high point of Noah's life when God brought him and his family safely to dry ground after months on the ark. But compared to the 120 long years it took Noah to build the ark, these brief chapters in his life were almost nothing. Noah had to keep his faith strong through all of those ordinary days while building the ark so that when God was ready to do something great through him, Noah was ready, too. What does God want to do through you? Being faithful today is another step toward discovering His best.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for the examples of heroes in the Bible. Help me to be faithful in the things You have given me to do today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 Mar 2018 05:28 #1868 by DrMike
You Have What It Takes

Today’s Scripture

"For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you." (2 Corinthians 9:10, NLT)

When Jesus sent His disciples out to heal the sick, meet their needs, and share the Gospel, He told them, “Give as freely as you have received” (Matthew 10:8). In other’s words, God has given you everything you need to do what He’s called you to do in this life. He has equipped you to be successful and has empowered you to overcome in this life. He’s given you seed to sow in order to have an abundant harvest in your future. You have what it takes!

God has placed seed in your hand today, but in order for that seed to produce, it has to be planted. It has to be watered. It has to be fertilized. Today, ask God to show you where to plant your seed. Make sure you are sowing in the right ground and tending to the seed He has given you. Remember, God has a good plan for your future. He has plans to bless you and increase you. Today, you have what it takes to move forward and receive the blessing He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for equipping me for every good work. Thank You for giving me good seed to sow! I invite You to guide my every step by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for choosing me to be a part of Your plan in Jesus’ name. Amen."

20 Mar 2018 04:51 #1869 by DrMike
Accelerate

Today’s Scripture

"My times are in Your hand..." (Psalm 31:15, NASB)

One thing I’ve learned is that God doesn’t always work on our timetable. In fact, He rarely does. But in a single moment, God can change your life! All throughout Scripture, we see examples of how God was working behind the scenes and instantly turned things around for His people. Scripture tells us He is the same yesterday, today and forever which means He can instantly turn things around for you, too!

You may be going through some difficulty today, but be encouraged because your times are in God’s hands. He wants to accelerate things in your favor. He wants to take you further than you dreamed possible and work in your life in ways beyond what you have ever imagined.

Let this truth sink down into your heart today. Resist discouragement by speaking His Word over your future. Keep standing. Keep hoping; keep believing because He is working behind the scenes. He’s going to accelerate your times and lead you into the life of victory He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I humbly come before You giving You all that I am. I trust that my times are in Your hands. I trust that You are working things out in my favor. I set my focus on You knowing that You are working things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."

20 Mar 2018 04:54 #1870 by DrMike
Dr. Mike will be out of town until Weds March 28th, devotionals will resume the 29th.

Time to create page: 0.600 seconds