Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Apr 2018 03:37 #1891 by DrMike
Live Skillfully

Today’s Scripture

“Do you see a man skillful and experienced in his work? He will stand [in honor] before kings; he will not stand before obscure men.” (Proverbs 22:29, AMP)

Too often, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way over and over every day. But if we are going to live at our absolute best, we should constantly be growing and sharpening our skills. We should strive to learn and grow every single day because when you stop learning, you stop growing. When you stop growing, you stop living.

What are you doing to stretch yourself? What are you doing to improve your skills? Don’t get trapped into thinking that “good enough” is good enough. You were created for more than just average. Today is a new day, and there are new heights for you to climb. Pursue what you love and keep developing that area of your life. Take a class or find a mentor that will help you live skillfully. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and higher. You will stand before leaders and rulers, and you’ll live the blessed life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Apr 2018 03:46 #1892 by DrMike
Need a Change?

Today’s Scripture

“You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; and light will shine on your ways.” (Job 22:28, NASB)

We all have areas in our lives where we desire to see change; areas we know we need to come up higher or addictions and strongholds we need to break. The good news is that God has given us the power to change! Scripture says that we overcome by the blood of Jesus and the word of our testimony. What are you saying about your circumstances? When you make your words line up with God’s Word, then what you declare will be established.

So often, we complicate life more than we need to. Our minds get busy trying to “figure” everything out. People can spend more time analyzing their situation instead of applying God’s Word to their situation. But today, you can change your life by taking five minutes to declare His Word. Don’t live in mediocrity any longer. Let God’s Word shine on your ways and direct your path toward the life of victory He has promised you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me and empowering me to become all that You’ve called me to be. Today, I set my heart and mind on You, I will declare Your Word and follow Your ways so that I can become who You've created me to be in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

30 Apr 2018 03:25 #1893 by DrMike
He Makes Crooked Places Straight

Today’s Scripture

“Every valley shall be raised, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and let the rough ground become a plain, and the rugged places a broad valley.” (Isaiah 40:4, AMP)

Have you been struggling in an area of your life for quite some time? God has promised He will go before you and prepare a path for you; He’ll make your crooked places straight. He wants to smooth things out for you. I believe that as you continue to commit your ways to Him, He will bring you into a season where things are going to start falling into place. You’re going to get breaks that you didn’t deserve. The promises that you’ve been standing on, you’re going to see them begin to come to pass. It’s time for you to get ready and get your fire back!

Start expecting that you are coming into a new season. Maybe it’s in your finances. Maybe you’ve struggled for a long time. Begin to declare that you’re going to see supernatural increase, supernatural opportunities, supernatural promotion. Remember, the economy is not your source—God is. He’s the One who opens doors that no person can shut. Keep standing, keep believing because God is going to make your crooked places straight and lead you down the path of blessing and victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, thank You for preparing a path for me. I know You are working behind the scenes to make the crooked places straight and the rough places smooth. Give me Your strength to keep moving forward on the good path that you have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 May 2018 03:34 #1894 by DrMike
Break the Yoke of Average

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” (Ephesians 3:20–21, NKJV)

God never created you to be ordinary. He created you to leave your mark on this generation. God wants you to do something big. He wants you to go further than anyone in your family. You have seeds of greatness on the inside. That yoke of average that’s been around your neck is coming off. God is about to thrust you to a new level of destiny. It’s going to be exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond what you could ever imagine! This is a new day, and you’re going to see the yoke-destroying, burden-removing power of our God like never before!

If you will receive this into your spirit and not talk yourself out of it, it will ignite your faith and become a reality. Let it go beyond being an encouragement and grab hold of it in your spirit. Believe, “This is for me. This is my destiny. Something new is being birthed. Yokes are coming off of me. Chains are being broken. I am stepping in to the fullness of my destiny!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for doing exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask, think or imagine. Break the yoke of average off of my life and show me the amazing plan You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

01 May 2018 03:37 #1895 by DrMike
It's About the Way You Finish

Today’s Scripture

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7, NIV)

So often, when people make mistakes, they get down on themselves and think, “If only...” “I should have...” “What if...?” It’s easy to feel like you’ve missed the best plan for your life. That’s when people get discouraged and stop pursuing their God-given dreams. But understand today, just because you’ve made a mistake or failed in some way doesn’t cancel God’s plan. God never disqualifies you. He never says, “Go sit on the sidelines. You’ve blown it too many times. You’ve got too many weaknesses.” No, God always gives you another chance!

Some of the great people in the Bible made very poor choices. The apostle Paul started off as a murderer, yet his destiny was bigger than his mistakes. He ended up becoming a great leader and writing over half of the New Testament.

What am I saying? Our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish. Receive His grace today and embrace the bright future He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy to me. I trust that my days are ordered of You. I ask that You strengthen and empower me to fulfill Your call on my life. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

02 May 2018 06:58 #1896 by DrMike
Same Spirit, Same Power

Today’s Scripture

"And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you." (Romans 8:11, AMP)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit makes His home inside of you. That’s God Himself, the same Spirit with the same power that raised Jesus from the dead! His resurrection power can bring back health, strength and life to your physical body. He can restore hope and breathe life into your dreams. In fact, He can resurrect any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you!

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair, remember, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you through Christ Jesus. You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear or worry, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God. Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed in the name of Jesus! No weapon formed against me can prosper!” Receive His truth, declare the Word, and activate His power within you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for filling me with Your power by the Holy Spirit. I choose to feed my faith by declaring Your Word. I choose to walk in Your ways and honor You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

03 May 2018 03:28 #1897 by DrMike
Strength Under Control

Today’s Scripture

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” (Matthew 5:5, NKJV)

When most people hear that word “meek,” many times they think of a weak, shy, reserved or timid person who lets everybody run all over them. But that’s not at all what it means to be meek. Meekness is not weakness; it’s strength under control. Meekness is like a wild horse that has been tamed. He’s just as strong, just as powerful, has just as much speed as before, but now that strength is under control. You can walk up to him, pet him, lead him around, get on him and ride him. But don’t be fooled. He has the same power, the same tenacity as before, he’s just learned how to control it.

When you’re a meek person, you don’t have to go around trying to straighten everybody out. You don’t respond to every critic. People may be talking about you, but you don’t let it bother you. You may have the power to do something about it, but you realize your time is too valuable. You don’t fall for every distraction. Instead, you keep your focus on what God has called you to do. You keep your strength and power under control so that you choose to stay in peace and move forward in the victory the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

04 May 2018 03:45 #1898 by DrMike
He Laughs in the Heavens

Today’s Scripture

"He who sits [enthroned] in the heavens laughs..." (Psalm 2:4, AMP)

Can you get a picture of God laughing in the heavens? Right now, God is on the throne. He's not mad. He's not worried about the economy. He's not upset with you and me. What's He doing? God is full of joy and laughing on the throne. It goes on to tell us in Psalm 37 that He's laughing because "He can see the destruction of the enemy coming." In other words, the reason God laughs is because He knows the end of the story. He knows the final outcome. The good news is that you and I win. God always causes us to triumph Imagine you're watching the Super Bowl, but you already know the outcome. You already know who is going to win. No matter how far behind the winning team falls, no matter how bad it looks for them, you wouldn't get upset. You wouldn't be worried. Why? You've got inside information. You know the final outcome. That's what God is saying to us today. When it gets tough and things don't look like they're going to work out, we know with God, we are on the winning team! You can laugh with Him today know!ng that He has favor, strength and victory for you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I choose to rest and trust in You. Thank You for bringing victory in every area of my life. Give me opportunities today to share Your joy and love with the people around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

07 May 2018 03:40 #1899 by DrMike
Confidence to Receive

Today’s Scripture

"And we will receive from Him whatever we ask because we obey Him and do the things that please Him." (1 John 3:22, NLT)

When you pray, are you confident that you will receive what you’ve asked for? Many people today wonder if God hears their prayers. They aren’t certain if He will answer. But the scripture promises that when we obey God’s commands, when we live a life that is pleasing to Him, we can be sure that we will receive what we ask.

Understand that God’s Word is His will. That’s why it’s so important to make His Word the number one priority in our lives. When you keep God’s promises in your heart and mind, it changes and shapes your character. It makes your thoughts and desires line up with God’s thoughts and desires. And when you are praying according to God’s will, you can have the confidence to receive what you’ve asked for.

Make the commitment to obey the Word and do what pleases Him. As you do, you’ll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life. You’ll be equipped to move forward in the confidence and victory He has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I declare that I am committed to Your Word. I invite You to reshape my thoughts and character. Make me more like You. I bless You today and thank You for giving me confidence when I pray. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

08 May 2018 07:49 #1900 by DrMike
Momentary Troubles

Today’s Scripture

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you, He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping, and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.750 seconds