Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Jun 2018 03:40 #1931 by DrMike
Your Heavenly Heritage

Today’s Scripture

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)

In life, we all have negative things that happen to us. We go through situations that are unfair. I know people who were raised in an unhealthy environment. Their parents had issues, and now it’s making life much more difficult on them.

But here is the truth: when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your bloodline changes. No longer are you subject to your earthly heritage; you become subject to your heavenly heritage! His spiritual blessing always overrides the curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and what God has already done, then no matter what someone else did, no matter how unfair it was, no matter how you were raised, you won’t get bitter. You won’t live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny!

Today, remember you came from Almighty God. He gave you life. When you choose Him, you are choosing your heavenly heritage of blessing and eternal, abundant life!

A Prayer for Today

"God in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2018 09:03 #1932 by DrMike
Living with Enthusiasm

Today’s Scripture

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace…" (Isaiah 55:12, NIV)

The word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word “entheos.” “Theos” is God. When you’re enthusiastic, it simply means you are full of God. When you get up in the morning excited about your future, recognizing that day is a gift and go out with a spring in your step, pursuing your goals and passionate about life, then God will breathe in your direction. Studies even tell us that people who are enthusiastic get better breaks. They’re promoted more often. That’s not a coincidence. When you’re full of passion, you have the favor of God.

Remember, God didn’t breathe His life into us to drag through the day. He didn’t create us in His image, crown us with His favor, and equip us with His power to just go through the motions of life. You may have had some setbacks, the wind may have been taken out of your sail, but this is a new day! God wants to breathe new life back into you. If you’ll get your fire back, get your passion back, the wind will start blowing once again. When you’re in agreement with God, He can cause the winds of favor to shift in your direction!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for another sunrise, another day, another opportunity to praise You and pursue the dreams You’ve given me. Help me to stay filled with Your joy which is strength so I can serve You with my whole heart in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

22 Jun 2018 03:28 #1933 by DrMike
Your Original Software

Today’s Scripture

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2, NIV)

Our minds work like a computer. The way you program it is the way it’s going to function. You can have the most powerful computer made, but if you put the wrong software in it, it’s not going to function like it was designed. We’ve all had to deal with these computer viruses. All these problems occur not because the computer is defective, but because somebody contaminated the software.

In the same way, when God created you, He stepped back and said, “Another masterpiece.” Your hardware is perfect. From the very beginning, He programmed you to be victorious, healthy, strong and creative. He programmed, “Whatever you touch will prosper and succeed.” He programmed, “The head and not the tail. Lend and not borrow. Victor and not victim.”

That’s how your Creator designed you. But the reason we don’t always experience this abundant life is because we’ve allowed viruses to contaminate our software. Because our software is infected, we go around with low self-esteem, negative and doubtful. It’s time to reprogram your mind with the Word of God! Meditate on what He says about you, delete the viruses, and get back to your original software!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me in Your image. Help me to see any areas where my thinking is contaminated. I choose to meditate on Your Word daily so I can live the life You’ve prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

25 Jun 2018 03:21 #1934 by DrMike
Remain in Him

Today’s Scripture

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5, NIV )

Have you ever thought about the relationship between the branch and the vine? We don’t use these kinds of word pictures very much anymore, but think about it--if the branch is not attached to the vine, it withers and dies. The branches’ very life depends on being attached to the vine. The same thing happens if we try to operate in this life without Jesus. Without Him, we can do nothing. We are cut from our life source. But when you remain in Him, by daily connecting with Him through prayer, worship and study of the Word, then your life will be fruitful. You’ll walk in joy and blessing. I love that this verse says “much fruit," which means you will have an abundant harvest in your life. God doesn’t want you to just barely get by. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness. Remain in Him today. Choose to make Him top priority, and you’ll see His hand of blessing operating in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for being my source of life. Thank You for Your hand of blessing that is leading and guiding me. I choose to make You the number one priority in my life. Let my heart hunger only for You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

26 Jun 2018 07:36 #1935 by DrMike
The Father's Anticipation

Today’s Scripture

"For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6, AMPC)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, not only is your eternity secure, but you become a child of the Most High God. You instantly have an Everlasting Father! Think about that word everlasting. It means that before the beginning of time, the Father was there. He was waiting for you to make the choice to receive Him and become a child of His.

I can only imagine that He was excited and anticipating that day just like a father would anticipate the birth of his child in the natural. I can imagine that each day God would think, “Is it today?” I don’t know what your experience has been with your earthly father, but God is a good and perfect Father. He loves you with an everlasting love. He loves everything about you so much that He notices when a single hair falls from your head. He accepts you just the way you are, and He loves you enough to guide you and work His character in you. Best of all, He will be your Father from now until eternity! He will never leave you nor forsake you! Thank Him today for being your Everlasting Father!

A Prayer for Today

"Everlasting Father, thank You for loving me today and for always being with me. Help me to understand Your love more so that I can know You better. Let Your love flow through me so that others can see Your goodness and come to know You as Father, too, in Jesus’ name. Amen."

27 Jun 2018 03:37 #1936 by DrMike
A Free Gift for All

Today’s Scripture

"Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right." (Acts 10:34-35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! And God’s freedom is free for everyone. It doesn’t matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have. God wants you free from everything that would hold you back in this life. He wants to pour out His abundant blessing on all who honor Him and choose His ways.

It says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God’s not judging you based on physical conditions; He’s looking at your heart. He’s looking at the gifts He’s placed inside of you.

Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, love and freedom today. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right. Receive His favor and blessing because it is a free gift for all!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for loving and accepting me today. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is any area that isn’t pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Jun 2018 07:51 #1937 by DrMike
The Great I Am

Today’s Scripture

"God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14, NIV)

We serve a great and mighty God! He is the Creator of the universe, the one who spoke the worlds into existence. He's called the Great I AM, and He's saying today, "I am everything you need. I am your strength. I am your wisdom. I am your protection. I am your provider. I am your way maker. I am your problem solver. I am your dream giver. I am your victory!

David put it this way in Psalm 138, "Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me." Maybe you feel like David today. You're surrounded by all kinds of difficulties. You're tempted to just settle right where you are. You need to get your fire back! Instead of focusing on how big your problems are, focus on how big your God is! He is everything you need. He is the Great I AM, and He is the one leading and guiding you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to focus on Your greatness today. Thank You for being the I AM—everything that I need to live the life of victory in Jesus' name. Amen."

29 Jun 2018 09:03 #1938 by DrMike
New Provision

Today’s Scripture

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19, NKJV)

When the people of Israel were in the desert on the way to the Promised Land, God gave them manna to eat. That was good. It sustained them for a while, but it wasn’t permanent provision. Eventually, the manna stopped coming. The people had to move forward, and then God gave them quail. They were so excited. That fed them for a while, but it was also temporary.

See, God gave the Israelites temporary provision on the way to the Promised Land where they would have permanent provision. The fact that God had something much greater in store for their future is what kept them moving forward. God could have sustained them with manna or quail, but God is a god of increase. He works in seasons, and He always has something better in store.

Don’t get stuck in a rut and think that one way is going to last forever. Instead, stay open and be willing to change, make adjustments, make corrections or try something new. If the “manna” stops coming, don’t get upset. Just keep moving forward and be on the lookout for the new provision God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, You alone are the just and faithful God! Thank You for always providing for me. Thank You for leading and guiding me. I trust that You have good things in store for my future and choose to keep my eyes on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 Jul 2018 03:33 #1939 by DrMike
Appointed Favor

Today’s Scripture

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10, NASB)

God has already prepared paths for you to take in your future! When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right circumstances, and the right breaks. In your future, He’s already released favor, supernatural opportunities, and divine connections. The breaks you need in life have already been preordained to come across your path. If you will stay in faith and go out each day and be a person of excellence, you’ll walk into these appointments of favor. It will be just as if you stumbled into God’s blessings!

When you really understand this principle, you’ll begin to get excited about the opportunities in every single day! You’ll have a spring in your step as you think about what blessing is coming next. It could be today. It could be tomorrow. It could be next week! Keep expecting. Keep believing. Stay focused on the fact that God has already released into your future everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Start declaring seasons of increase over your life. Declare that favor is on you and opportunities are coming. Then, get ready to move forward in the favor and blessing God has ordered for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for setting up a good life for me. Thank You for ordering blessings for my future. Help me to know Your ways so that I can walk with You in the paths You have for me all the days of my life in Jesus name. Amen."

03 Jul 2018 03:18 #1940 by DrMike
Increase Your Capacity to Receive

Today’s Scripture

"Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back..." (Isaiah 54:2, NIV)

God has many blessings in store for you! He has favor in your future like you've never imagined. He wants to take you places that you've never even dreamed. But in order for us to partake of all these blessings, we have to increase our capacity to receive.

Think about this: if you have a one-gallon bucket and someone has fifty gallons to give you, the problem is not with the supply. The problem is that you don't have the capacity to receive the fifty gallons. But if you get rid of that small container and get something larger, then you will be able to receive more. It's the same way with God. If we think we've reached our limits, the problem isn't that God doesn't have the resources or the ability. The problem is that our container is too small. We have to enlarge our vision and make room for the new things God has for us. Our attitude should be, "Yes, the economy is down, but I know God is still on the throne. I know wherever I go His goodness and mercy follow me." When you have that kind of attitude, you're increasing your capacity to receive so that you can live the abundant life He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to believe and increase my capacity to receive from You. I release limited thinking and old mindsets and choose to meditate on Your word. I open myself to everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds