Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Aug 2018 03:36 #1971 by DrMike
Sufficient Grace

Today’s Scripture

"But he sad to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'..." (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

Everyone has days when they feel weak or times when they feel overwhelmed. But God has given us His grace to carry us through these difficult times and empower us to move forward in victory.

Scripture says God’s grace is sufficient. The word sufficient simply means competent, enough or qualified. That means you always have whatever you need by His grace. You will never face anything that God’s grace cannot empower you to move through. We serve a God who is more than enough, and His grace is more than enough, too! Anytime you feel weak, remember, when you rely on His grace, that is when you are at your strongest. When you feel like you can’t go on, that’s when He will carry you by His grace.

Today, remember, no matter what you may be facing, you’re not facing it alone. You are not without hope, you are not without resources, and you are not without answers because His grace is sufficient! His grace is all you need to be equipped to move forward into His victory.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your sufficient grace. Thank You for empowering me and equipping me no matter what I may be facing. Today, I lift my eyes to You for You are my help. I receive Your grace for everything I need in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2018 03:32 #1972 by DrMike
Use the Gift

Today’s Scripture

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." (Joshua 1:8, NIV)

Have you ever received a gift card that you stored in a special place for so long that you forgot you had it? Most of them have an expiration date, and if you don’t use it, you will surely lose it! The same is true with the Word of God. No, the Word doesn’t ever expire, but we have to take action and use His Word in order to receive His promises. Just like you exchange your gift card for the things you need at the store, His Word gives you the power to receive every promise He has for you.

As today’s verse tells us, when you declare His Word and keep your heart and mind open to Him, you are using the gift. You are opening the door for Him to move in your life. For example, if you’re facing lack in any area, receive the gift of provision by declaring, "My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). If there’s a mountain in your way, receive the gift of victory that says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"(Philippians 4:13).

Today and every day, use the gift He’s given you. Make His Word a priority and don’t let it depart from your mouth. As you do, He’ll make your way prosperous, and you’ll enjoy the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth to set me free. I determine in my heart to set Your Word into motion in my life. Keep me close to You so that I can please You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

31 Aug 2018 07:54 #1973 by DrMike
Find Rest

Today’s Scripture

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29, NIV)

Sometimes the daily pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. In fact, many people lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives. But God doesn’t want us to live stressed out and overwhelmed. He wants us to live a life of rest and peace.

When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time for Himself. He got away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. That’s how He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart.

Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of others? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. Today, God wants you to cast your cares on Him and live with a gentle and humble attitude. When you release your burdens and follow the example of Jesus, you will find rest for your soul. You will be rejuvenated and refreshed! You will find peace in your heart so that you can move forward in the abundant life God has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I cast my cares on You. Teach me, Holy Spirit, to have a gentle and humble attitude. Help me find rest for my soul so that I can love others the way You love me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

04 Sep 2018 05:39 #1974 by DrMike
Come to the Father

Today’s Scripture

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]." (Matthew 11:28 AMP)

Does your soul need refreshing today? You can come to the Father and find what you need. Are you facing challenges in your relationships? Finances? Career? The Father wants to refresh you. He wants to give you rest. Think about that for a moment. What would cause you to rest? If you knew everything was going to work out for your good, you would stop worrying. You would rest! Even if things don’t work out the way you planned or on your timetable, you can trust that God will turn things around in your favor.

Come to the Father today with thanksgiving. Thank Him right now for taking your burdens and giving you peace. Thank Him for loving you and giving you new life. Thank Him for His faithfulness! Go out today with an attitude of expectancy. He always has a plan, and you can always come to Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You now and give You my cares and burdens. I thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for giving me rest for my soul and peace in my heart today in Jesus' name. Amen."

05 Sep 2018 08:34 #1975 by DrMike
An Ornament of Grace

Today’s Scripture

"My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck." (Proverbs 3:21-22, NIV)

No matter what decisions you may be facing today, God wants to equip you and empower you to make the right choices. Today’s verse tells us that seeking wisdom and discretion brings life and is “an ornament of grace.” How do we seek wisdom and discretion? By making the Word of God a priority. The answer to every situation we face is addressed in God’s Word either directly or by principle. When God’s Word is the final authority in your life, His grace will empower you to live victoriously.

Verses 23 through 26 go on to say, “Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.”

Today, I encourage you to put God’s Word first. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you study. Follow His commands and open the way for His grace to cover you. Let His grace empower you to dwell in safety and rest securely all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for Your Word which is life and health to me. I submit myself to You knowing that You have good things in store for my future. I will hide Your Word in my heart so that I can receive Your grace and walk in Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen."

06 Sep 2018 03:32 #1976 by DrMike
Brag on Him Today

Today’s Scripture

"The LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes." (Psalm 118:23, NIV)

David had a great attitude of faith in this verse. He was declaring the goodness of God and bragging on His faithfulness! We need to always remember that every blessing in life is from God. That promotion, good break, healing or new opportunity—that was God’s doing. Scripture says that every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above.

There's an old church song that says, “Look What the Lord Has Done.” It's a song that just brags on God. It was a great reminder that all through the day we should be bragging on God’s goodness. We should be remembering His mighty acts. See, when we give God all the glory, that’s when He will pour out His blessings in greater measure. When we are humble and don’t try to take the credit, His grace and favor increases on us.

Today, look for opportunities to brag on God. If you are breathing today, brag on Him as your Creator. If you got to work safely today, brag on Him for being your Protector. If you are facing a difficulty, brag on the fact that He is your Deliverer and breakthrough is on the way! Keep declaring His goodness and faithfulness and watch what God will do on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, You alone are worthy of all the praise and glory for the good things in my life! Thank You for blessing me; thank You for the breakthroughs in my past and the breakthroughs in my future. I bless You because You are good, and I choose to brag on You today in Jesus’ name! Amen."

07 Sep 2018 05:45 #1977 by DrMike
What if They Don't Believe?

Today’s Scripture

"For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" (Romans 3:3, KJV)

Have the opinions of others caused you to water down your dreams? There will always be critics and naysayers in life. One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don't have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don't set the limits for your life—you do. It's not what others say about you that affects your life, it's what you say and believe about yourself. In today's verse, the apostle Paul is saying, “It doesn't matter if other people don't believe. Their unbelief is not going to keep me from believing in my dreams.” When God puts a promise in your heart, it's not up to other people to bring it to pass, it's up to you! You don't need everyone to validate you. You have to follow the voice of God for yourself and allow Him to order your steps!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for another day to see Your goodness in my life. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me to see the plans You have for me so that I can be empowered to fulfill my destiny. I love You and bless Your name today in Jesus' name. Amen."

10 Sep 2018 03:19 #1978 by DrMike
He Prepares Your Path

Today’s Scripture

"I will go before you and make the crooked places straight..." (Isaiah 45:2, NKJV)

Do you ever feel like every time you try to move forward in something, you hit a roadblock, or something happens that throws you off course? Be encouraged today because God is going before you! You may be going through a difficult time right now, but it’s not the end. It’s only the beginning, and God has equipped you for this journey!

Keep speaking words of faith because God promises to anoint your head with oil. He'll cause your cup to run over. That means when you seek Him, you’ll be refreshed and anointed to do what He’s called you to do.

What do you need today to keep moving forward? Start by checking your attitude. Don’t go around complaining and focused on the negative side of things. Instead, put on an attitude of praise and thanksgiving. Thank Him for making your crooked places straight.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for preparing my path and for making my crooked places straight. Restore my soul and lead me in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

11 Sep 2018 06:50 #1979 by DrMike
Far and Beyond

Today’s Scripture

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21, NASB)

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond all we could ever imagine! Think about that for a moment. God wants to take you far and beyond what you've ever dreamed. He wants to accelerate you this year which means He can bring you into opportunities that will boggle your mind. He can make your career take off like a rocket. He can cause you to meet the right people who will help further your dreams. He can launch you forward more quickly than you could have imagined! He can bring you out of debt and cause you to pay that house off even though it looked impossible. You're going to get well even though the medical report says there's no way.

Things may be dark and gloomy around you, but keep your head held high. You have an advantage. You are a child of theMost High God. His face is shining down on you. God is saying that it's not going to be an average year. It's not going to be a barely-get-by year. No, you need to get ready because it's going to be a year of favor, a year of increase, a year of acceleration!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for accelerating every area of my life. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You are directing my steps. Thank You for the good plans You have in store for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

12 Sep 2018 03:31 #1980 by DrMike
Receive the Overflow

Today’s Scripture

"…we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance." (Psalm 66:12, NIV)

Friend, no matter what your circumstances may look like today, God's plan is to bring you through to a place of abundance. He wants you to have an abundance of peace, an abundance of joy, an abundance of resources—He wants you to overflow with His blessings so that you can be a blessing to the people around you.

If you want to live in the overflow of God's blessings, you have to have an attitude to receive the overflow. Remember, as a believer in Jesus, you are a child of the Most High God. Royal blood is flowing through your veins. You were not created to be average. You were not created to barely get by and drag through life. You have seeds of greatness on the inside. You are well able to do whatever God has called you to do!

Today, put your shoulders back, hold your head up high, and start thinking like a victor. When you're a victor, you know that any adversity in your life is not permanent; it's temporary. Have the attitude to receive the overflow of God's abundance. Keep believing and keep expecting because it's just a matter of time until He turns things around in your favor!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I open my mind and heart to You. I choose to believe that You have a good plan for me. By faith, I receive the blessings You have for me so that I can be a blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds