Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Aug 2018 08:00 #1961 by DrMike
God Rewards Obedience

Today’s Scripture

"Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession..." (Exodus 19:5, NIV)

Sometimes God asks us to do things that don’t make sense. It doesn’t seem logical. It doesn’t fit into our budget. It doesn’t line up with our schedule. “God, You want me to go back to college? I’m 40 years old.” “God, You want me to give them a gift? I was saving those funds for my own dreams.” Or, “God, You want me to leave this secure position that I’ve had for years and start my own business?” Too often we over analyze it. We debate it; look at it only in the natural. We end up making excuses, talking ourselves out of it, “That couldn’t be God.” But if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to have bold obedience. That means you obey even when you don’t understand it. You just do it even when it doesn’t make sense. That’s what faith is all about.

If you can understand everything and have the time, the money and it’s all lined up, then that doesn’t really take any faith. God will ask you to do things that seem far out, unusual, not practical. With every act of obedience, there is a blessing attached to it. When you do what you know God wants you to do, a blessing will follow. God rewards obedience!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to obey You. I let go of trying to reason it all out in my mind and choose to trust You. Thank You for Your faithfulness and for rewarding my obedience in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2018 03:22 #1962 by DrMike
Exceedingly Abundantly

Today’s Scripture

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21, NKJV)

God wants to do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ever ask, think or imagine. In another place in Scripture, it says that no person has ever seen, heard or even imagined the wonderful things that God has in store for those who love the Lord. But notice that it's "according to the power working in us." God's power works in us by our faith, how we believe. Do you believe that God wants to work in your life exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or think? Do you believe He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness and blessing?

The Bible says that if we have faith the size of a tiny mustard seed, we can move mountains. And no matter how much faith we have, faith can grow in us as we hear, study and receive the Word of God.

Today, make God's Word a priority. Believe that He will do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ask or think. He is faithful to His Word, and He will be faithful to fulfill every promise He's made to you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for blessing me and doing exceedingly abundantly above all I can ask or think. Thank You for increasing my faith as I focus on Your Word in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

17 Aug 2018 03:36 #1963 by DrMike
He Gives Good Gifts

Today’s Scripture

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father..." (James 1:17, NKJV)

God is a good God, and He has good gifts for His children! He wants to bless you with provision and supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory. He wants to pour out His abundant favor on you and cause everything you touch to prosper. He wants to bless you with spiritual gifts and make you strong in your inner man. He wants you to enjoy your job and be proud of your work each day. These are all gifts from God.

Every good gift from God is meant to draw us closer to Him. He is good and faithful, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Seek Him today and experience the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your good and perfect gifts. I open my heart to You and ask that You help me see Your goodness. Draw me to You and fill me with Your peace and joy as I follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

20 Aug 2018 03:18 #1964 by DrMike
Seeing the Dream Come to Pass

Today’s Scripture

"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." (1 Timothy 6:12, NIV)

One of the keys to your dreams coming to pass is to see them coming to pass in your mind’s eye first!

One of the greatest baseball players of our time told about how that all through the day he envisions himself hitting the ball. Before he gets up to the plate, he visualizes getting on base. He has a picture in his mind of himself succeeding. It’s gotten deep down on the inside of him and now he’s moving toward it.

Of course, it takes more than just visualization to see our dreams come to pass. It takes obedience; it takes prayer, and it has to be a part of God’s plan for our lives. But if you’ll keep the right pictures in your imagination, seeing yourself rising higher, seeing yourself healthy and whole, that vision is going to get deep down on the inside and set the course for your life! When your mind is in agreement with God’s Word, it will help guide you toward your destiny!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I submit my dreams, desires and thoughts to You. Use my imagination for Your purposes. Help me to envision the dreams You’ve placed within me coming to pass. Let me bring You glory in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

21 Aug 2018 03:22 #1965 by DrMike
He Brings Justice

Today’s Scripture

"And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night?..."(Luke 18:7, NIV)

Have you been crying out to the Lord for something? Maybe there’s a situation in your life that’s been overwhelming, and you feel like you’ve done everything you know to do but can’t see a way through. Be encouraged today because we serve a God of justice! He is faithful to His Word, and He will always be faithful to you.

Not only is He a God of justice, He is your vindicator. One thing we have to remember is that our battle is not with the person who may have wronged us. Scripture says that the enemy of our souls, the accuser of the brethren, is our ultimate enemy. Know today that God already has a plan; He already knows the future, and He will bring about justice! Before eternity is through, He will right the wrongs that have been done to you.

Your part is to release the situation into His capable hands. You don’t have to straighten everybody out or right the wrongs in your life; that’s God’s job. Trust Him with your future because the God of justice is working things out on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, today I release every care, every concern, every situation that is beyond my control. I trust that You are working things out for my good, and You are bringing justice to me. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

22 Aug 2018 03:42 #1966 by DrMike
Be an Imitator of God

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (Ephesians 5:1-2, ESV)

Have you ever spent time with a small child or baby and had them mimic your every sound or action? To them it's a fun game, but internally, they are learning by watching and copying everything you do. They just observe and do the same thing. That's because we are all wired to be imitators.

Even as adults, just like little children, we are all still imitators. So many people today end up imitating what they see in the world, on TV, and in the news and magazines. But Scripture tells us that we are to be imitators of God and follow His example of love.

If you need to make a change in your life today, change what you are imitating. Change your focus. The more you focus on the Word, the more you will imitate God. When you do things God's way, you will get God's results—peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to put You first in my life and imitate You. I set aside the things of the world and invite You to search my heart and mind. Give me Your heart of love and let me be an example of Your goodness in Jesus' name. Amen."

23 Aug 2018 04:12 #1967 by DrMike
Don't Be Afraid to Be Different

Today’s Scripture

"Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul." (1 Peter 2:11, ESV)

When you become a follower of Christ, your life becomes different. Everything about you becomes different. When we follow God’s commands, it means we do things differently from others. It means, instead of being offended, we choose love. Instead of insisting on our way, we serve others. It means, instead of trying to be right all the time, we build and lift others up.

This isn’t the way most people in the world act, but that’s okay. We are called to be different. We are called to rise higher. We are called to be examples of God’s grace, mercy and forgiveness. It may not make sense to others, but that’s okay. God will promote you to a new level of blessing and victory when you commit yourself fully to Him. Don't live a life of mediocrity, live a life of excellence for God. Life a life pleasing to Him and don't be afraid to be different!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for transforming me into Your image. I know that I am not like the world, I am set apart for You. Help me to love like You and be a light everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

24 Aug 2018 03:28 #1968 by DrMike
Enjoy the Journey

Today’s Scripture

"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day." (Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

Oftentimes, people tend to get wrapped up and busy with things that don't really matter in eternity. It's easy to get consumed by your career and stay focused on your goals. It's good to work hard, but you've got to learn how to play hard, too, so that you can stay in balance. I heard somebody say, "It's not that life is so short, it's that we wait so long to begin living." If we want to truly enjoy the journey of life, we have to take time to stop and smell the roses. Do you appreciate the people you love? Do you hug your children before you leave each day and give your spouse a kiss? When was the last time you called your parents to tell them how much you love them? That's how we can enjoy the journey.

If you'll stay determined to enjoy the journey of life, you'll live with no regrets. You'll see your path shine brighter and brighter, and at the end, you'll be able to say, "I made the most of my life. I enjoyed my family. I enjoyed my friends. I finished my course with joy."

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Teach me to enjoy my relationships more because they are all that matter in eternity. Help me to enjoy the journey of life as my path shines brighter and brighter until the full day in Jesus' name. Amen."

27 Aug 2018 03:33 #1969 by DrMike
Written on Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

"They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts..." (Romans 2:15, NLT)

In the Old Testament, God’s commands were written on stone tablets and kept in the tabernacle. Today, when we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior, we become His temple. He lives in us and engraves His promises and commands on our hearts.

How do we know? This verse goes on to say that it’s because your conscience, or inner man, has a more powerful knowing of what is right and what is wrong. It becomes more clear what you should and shouldn’t do. Because you are drawn to follow the Word of God, you know that the Spirit of God is on the inside of you, guiding and directing you. Every time you follow His leading, your ability to hear and know Him is strengthened. However, if you choose to bypass that prompting on the inside, your heart can become hardened which will affect your ability to hear Him in the future.

Make the decision today to follow that inner leading of the Spirit. He always has your best interest at heart. He wants you to stay close to Him. He wants you to follow Him which is why His promises are written on your heart!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making Your home in me. I acknowledge that I am Your temple! Help me to clearly follow Your leading all the days of my life that I may honor You in all I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Aug 2018 03:25 #1970 by DrMike
Gifts by Grace

Today’s Scripture

"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us..." (Romans 12:6, NIV)

God has given each of us gifts, and He’s given us grace, the supernatural power to operate in those gifts. In other words, if God has called you to do something, He has equipped you by His grace.

Scripture says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. That means when we are doing what we are called to do, when we are operating in our gift, there will be an “easiness” about it. That doesn’t mean there won’t be any opposition. It doesn’t mean there won’t be obstacles or that it won’t take effort on your part. But what it does mean is that you will have a supernatural empowerment to do it. It will just come naturally and flow out of you.

If you are doing something that always seems hard, always seems heavy and drains the energy out of you, you might want to spend some time in prayer before God and see if that’s really what He has for you. Just because it’s a “good” thing doesn’t mean it’s a “God” thing. But when it is God, you’ll know it. You’ll feel His supernatural grace empowering you and refreshing you every step of the way.

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for empowering me to live by Your grace. Help me to discern what You have for me and let go of anything that isn’t Your best for my life. I love You and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.732 seconds