Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Sep 2018 07:32 #1981 by DrMike
When You Make a Mistake

Today’s Scripture

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9, NKJV)

When we make mistakes in life, there are three main things that we need to do. Number one, ask for forgiveness. Number two, receive God’s mercy. And number three, move forward with your life. Let it go and press ahead. So many people today are still beating themselves down over something they did five years ago. They’ve asked God to forgive them a thousand times, but can’t let it go. They go around living depressed, defeated and feeling unworthy. If that’s you, realize today that the price has already been paid. The first time you asked God to forgive you, He forgave you. Now you’ve got to receive God’s mercy and press ahead. That mistake did not change who you are to God. My children have never once gotten up in the morning as an Brooks and then done something wrong and gone to bed that night with a different last name. No matter what they did, they’re still my children. You may have made mistakes today, but because of the blood of Jesus, you are still your Father’s child. You are still the apple of God’s eye. You are still His most prized possession. God may not be pleased with every action, but He is pleased when you receive His forgiveness by faith!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the blood of Jesus which cleanses me from all unrighteousness. Thank You for forgiving me and restoring me. I choose to forget the past and move forward into all that You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2018 03:39 #1982 by DrMike
Not as the World Gives

Today’s Scripture

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27, NIV)

So many people today are looking for true, inner peace. They search through relationships, addictions, money, gadgets and even religion to try to find something that will fill the void inside. But true peace isn’t found in anything this world has to offer, it can only be found through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Only He can satisfy the longing in our souls and give us true, lasting peace.

God gives freely, not as the world gives. You can’t earn it, and you can’t pay for it. There’s no catch, no fine print and no strings attached. You can rest secure that He’s not ever going to take His peace away; His peace is eternal! A life of peace begins when you invite Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. Then as you align your thoughts, attitudes and actions with His Word, that peace will flood every area. Peace is how we know we are following God’s plan because God’s plan always leads to peace!

If you’re looking for peace today, call on His name. Invite Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, follow His Word, and allow His peace to flood every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Dear God, thank You for the gift of peace which passes all understanding. I receive Your peace today and trust that You are leading and guiding me in the good plan You have prepared for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

21 Sep 2018 03:18 #1983 by DrMike
The Land of Hope

Today’s Scripture

"...my flesh also will dwell in hope." (Acts 2:26, ESV)

Where are you dwelling in your heart today? In other words, what are you expecting to happen in your life? What kind of attitude do you have? If your thoughts are stuck and you’re focused on what’s wrong or what’s not working, then it’s time to make a move! It’s time to pack up your belongings and move out of the land of discouragement. It’s time to move out of the “Not-going-to-happen” subdivision and move out of “Can’t-do-it-ville.” It’s time to pack your bags and move into the land of hope, faith and expectation!

Every time you catch a negative thought, and instead, dwell on God’s promises, it’s like you are packing your bags. Every time you declare God’s faithfulness, you are taking a step in the right direction. The Bible says that those who hope in the Lord will never be put to shame. As you turn your focus toward Him, you are dwelling in the Land of Hope—a land where His peace, blessing and victory reside.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for taking me to the land of hope! I choose to set my mind on You, knowing that You are faithful. I release the past and invite You to fill me with Your peace, blessing and victory in Jesus’ name. Amen."

24 Sep 2018 03:41 #1984 by DrMike
Handfuls on Purpose

Today’s Scripture

"And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God." (Deuteronomy 28:2, ESV)

Our God is a rewarder of those who seek Him! When you keep God first place and do your best to honor Him, Scripture says, “His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.” That means you will come into increase, promotion and good breaks that you didn’t necessarily deserve. That’s God rewarding you for walking in His ways.

We see this principle in the Old Testament with Ruth. She was out in the fields following behind the workers and gathering up the leftover wheat that they missed. She was trying to take care of her mother-in-law, Naomi, but they were barely surviving. One day, the owner of the fields told the workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Ruth came into blessings that were simply dropped at her feet.

Every one of us can look back and see times where God has left us handfuls on purpose—something that we didn’t deserve or even ask for. We just stumbled into it. That’s a “handful on purpose.” I encourage you to always keep your expectancy up. Keep trusting God and obeying His voice because He is ready to bless you in unexpected ways today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust You as my provider; You are the One who cares for me. I acknowledge You with my love and thank You for leaving me 'handfuls on purpose' today in Jesus’ name! Amen."

25 Sep 2018 03:24 #1985 by DrMike
Take Care of Yourself

Today’s Scripture

"For God has bought you with a great price. So use every part of your body to give glory back to God because he owns it." (1 Corinthians 6:20, TLB)

There is no doubt that being in shape spiritually is the most important kind of fitness. But being in shape physically is very important as well. Some people know the Bible well - they pray often and know what to do, but they don't have the physical energy to do anything at all. All three parts of your being - physical, emotional and spiritual - should be healthy and in sync for you to function most productively. Your body is the temple of the Most High God, and you must honor Him with the care you take of it. Seek a balance, and try to be healthy and God-honoring in every part of life.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for giving me the ability to honor You with my body. Help me to take care of my body and make it a stronger and healthier temple for You in Jesus' name. Amen."

26 Sep 2018 03:17 #1986 by DrMike
The God of More than Enough

Today’s Scripture

"...the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, 'I am God Almighty..."(Genesis 17:1 ESV)

Do you need more peace, joy or provision in your life? We serve a God who is more than enough, and He has more than enough!

The original Hebrew word in this verse is El Shaddai which means "the All-Sufficient One" or the God of plenty. In other words, our God is more than enough! He's not worried about how He's going to meet your needs. He's not wondering how He's going to provide for you. He's already overflowing with everything you need in this life, and He longs to bless you. Do you know why? He wants to bless you abundantly so that you can turn around and be a blessing to other people. He wants you to be His reflection in the earth.

Today, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Remember, you serve the Almighty God. He promises to supply all of your needs because He is El Shaddai, the God of more than enough!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I believe that You are the God of more than enough. Today, I receive Your Word and choose to have an attitude of faith and expectancy. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness to me in Jesus' name. Amen."

27 Sep 2018 06:27 #1987 by DrMike
Reflect Him

Today’s Scripture

"Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus [look to Him as your example in selfless humility]." (Philippians 2:5, AMP)

When you reflect something, you are exhibiting its likeness. You are displaying its characteristics. Like a mirror, the Bible tells us that we should reflect the character and likeness of Jesus. We should have His same attitude.

That may sound like a pretty tall order; after all, Jesus was the Son of God. But remember, when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we become sons and daughters of God, too. We become empowered by the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That means we have the same power, the same spirit of humility, the same strength, and the same love on the inside. We are equipped to follow His example and do what He did. What did He do? Scripture says that Jesus went around doing good and bringing healing to others; physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Notice that today’s verse starts by saying, “Let…” In other words, we have to open the door for God to work in our lives. We have to be the ones to humbly invite Him in. Let that be your goal today—open your heart to Him so you can reflect Him in your attitude and actions!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I invite You to dwell in my thoughts, heart and attitude. I choose to follow Your example and bring good to others. Help me be a pure reflection of Your love in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Sep 2018 03:10 #1988 by DrMike
You Are an Example

Today’s Scripture

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16, ESV)

You are God's representative in this earth. When you follow the Word of God and allow Him to work in your life, you are letting your light shine. When you are good to people and show them kindness, even when they don't deserve it, you are shining your light. When you smile and keep a good attitude, even when things don't go your way, you are setting an example so that people will glorify God in heaven.

Notice this Scripture says, "they will see your good works." People aren't impressed by our knowledge or what we say; people are drawn to God by our good works. Today, ask the Lord to show you ways to share His goodness with others. Look for opportunities to let your light shine everywhere you go—at home, at work, in the grocery store, or at the gym. There's always an opportunity to be an example of God's goodness!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me to be Your representative. Show me how to let my light shine. Help me be an example of Your love and grace everywhere I go in Jesus' name. Amen."

01 Oct 2018 03:26 #1989 by DrMike
Only Believe

Today’s Scripture

"But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, 'Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well." (Luke 8:50, NKJV)

In Scripture a man came to Jesus and said, “My little daughter is very sick. She is close to death. Will You come to my home and pray for her?” Jesus agreed. But along the way He kept getting stopped, one interruption after another. Finally, word came back to Him saying, “No need to come. You’ve waited too late. The little girl has died.”

The people were upset and very distraught. But Jesus said to them in Luke 8:50 “Don’t be afraid. If you will only believe, the little girl will be well.” Notice the phrase “only believe.” Jesus went to the home, laid hands on the little girl, and she came back to life.

Are you facing a situation that seems impossible? In the natural, you don’t see how you can get well, or how you can overcome the addiction, or how your family can ever be restored. God is saying to you what He said to them, “If you will only believe, I will turn the situation around. If you only believe, breakthroughs are headed your way!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of victory upon my life. Thank You for making a way even when there seems to be no way. I choose to stand in faith. I choose to believe, knowing that You are ready, willing and able to cause me to overcome in this life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 Oct 2018 03:34 #1990 by DrMike
What Do You Say?

Today’s Scripture

"I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust [with great confidence, and on whom I rely]!'" (Psalm 91:2, AMP)

Your words have tremendous power. No matter what you may be facing today, the words of your mouth can help set the course for victory or defeat. When you wake up with an attitude of faith and expectancy and declare that God is your refuge, you will be strengthened and empowered by His Spirit. When you talk like you are blessed, when you walk like you are blessed, then you will live like you are blessed!

Understand that your words are like seeds. When you declare favor and blessing, you are sowing favor and blessing, and you will reap a harvest of favor and blessing in return. That's why its so important to take inventory of what you are saying on a regular basis. Even when challenges and obstacles arise, you have to rise up and say, “If God is for me, who can be against me?” Every day, let go of the weeds of unforgiveness and bitterness. Water your seed with the Word of God so you can move forward into the the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which is like refreshing water to my soul. Help me choose the right things to say so that I can live in victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds