Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Oct 2018 03:29 #1991 by DrMike
In this Together

Today’s Scripture

"I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ." (Philemon 1:6, NIV)

As believers, we are called to work together to build His kingdom. We are partners together and heirs of His precious promises. In biblical partnership, we operate as one in the eyes of God. That means, when you pray for us and invest time and resources into this ministry, you will be credited in heaven for every life touched and changed by the work of this ministry. At the same time, we are standing with you, praying for you and believing for God’s very best in your life. As partners, we are in this together!
Just as you reap benefits in the natural when you labor physically, you will receive supernatural blessings when you invest your time, talent and resources in the kingdom of God.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the gift of partnership. Thank You that we can stand together stronger and more effective in building Your kingdom. Your Word says that when we dwell together in unity, You command blessing. Today I receive that blessing as I follow Your commands in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2018 03:33 #1992 by DrMike
If Only

Today’s Scripture

"The one who guards a fig tree will eat its fruit…" (Proverbs 27:18, NIV)

It’s easy to get stuck in the trap of thinking that if only your circumstances would just change, then life would be better. You might think, “If I got a new job, or a new house or had better friends, then I would really be happy.” But I’ve learned that often times, God changes us before He changes our circumstances. We are thinking, “If only my circumstances would change,” when God may be thinking, “If only your attitude would change!”

Today, if you’ve been thinking, “If only,” it’s time to turn your thoughts around. Don’t allow negative thinking to direct your attitude or affect how you treat others. Instead, begin to thank God for what He has planned for you. Bloom where you are planted. Tend to what God has placed in your hand. If you will focus on what you have instead of focusing on what you don’t have, then God can bless you and multiply you and lead you forward into the destiny He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and grace upon my life. Today I choose to turn my thoughts around and focus on what You have placed in my hands. I will be faithful, knowing that You are faithful, and that You have a good plan in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

05 Oct 2018 03:12 #1993 by DrMike
Be a People Builder

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up..." (1 Thessalonians 5:11, NIV)

God designed us to live in relationship with others. He wants us to help each other grow. None of us will reach our highest potential by ourselves. We need people in our lives to encourage us, and we need to encourage the people in our lives and help them reach their potential. The word “encourage” means to “urge forward.” Many times, you can see things in other people that they don’t see themselves. You can see their strengths and talents. You can see that God has a special plan for them even though they may be going through a difficult time. Don’t assume that people see what you see in them.

Take a moment and encourage them either with a kind word or a simple note. There might be a special gift you can give that will remind them of their goal or dream. In whatever way you can, urge the people in your life to keep moving forward. If you’ll be a people builder and help others fulfill their dreams, God will help you fulfill your dreams, and you’ll live in blessing all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Help me build them up and find creative ways to urge them forward to Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen."

08 Oct 2018 03:33 #1994 by DrMike
The Ability to Believe

Today’s Scripture

"... as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith." (Romans 12:3, NKJV)

One of the greatest abilities God has given each one of us is our ability to believe. If you believe God’s Word, you can be successful. If you believe God’s Word, you can overcome mistakes of the past. If you believe God’s Word, you can fulfill your God-given destiny. There is incredible power in what you believe. What you believe is greater than your circumstances, greater than your trials, greater than your medical report, and greater than your bank account! When you get into agreement with God and believe what He says about you, then what you believe will supersede any natural law. I have a friend that came to this country with nothing but the clothes on his back. Today he runs a Fortune 500 company. Against all odds, he believed he could do what God placed in his heart.

Today, nurture those seeds of faith by dwelling on His Word. As you get the Word of God in your heart, faith will come to you. Faith will grow and strengthen in you. Faith will rise up in you and empower you to take hold of all the blessings God has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word of truth which sets me free and deposits faith in my heart. I lift up my eyes to You. I turn my focus toward Your Word and invite You to have Your way in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

09 Oct 2018 03:34 #1995 by DrMike
How Do You Honor God?

Today’s Scripture

"Remind people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready and willing to do good." (Titus 3:1, AMP)

What do you do to honor God? A lot of times people think, “I go to church to honor God. I read my Bible to honor God. I sing and clap in worship to honor God.” And yes, those are ways to honor God, but did you know that you honor God just as much when you get to work on time? You honor God when you are productive each day and honor the people in authority over you. You honor God when you excel in your career. Actions speak louder than words. When you give your very best in the workplace, your whole life is giving praise to God. Showing up with a good attitude, being friendly, organized, just being your best—people will notice there’s something different about you. They’ll want what you have.As believers, we should set the standard in all areas of life. People should see the depth of your character and your spirit of excellence and know that you are a child of the Most High God. Make the decision to honor Him in all that you do because You are His representative in the earth today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I choose to honor You in all that I do. I choose to set the standard and do my very best. Thank You for the privilege to be Your representative. Help me to show Your love and excellence in everything I do. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

10 Oct 2018 03:33 #1996 by DrMike
Do You See It?

Today’s Scripture

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen…" (Romans 1:20, NIV)

All around you, God’s goodness is on display. The question is, do you see it? The Scripture talks about how God was in the midst of people, but they knew Him not. Too many times, God is working in our lives, showing us favor, protecting us, sending us healing, but we don’t recognize His goodness. For example, if you’re in a crowded parking lot and a car backs out so you can get a front-row space, that’s the goodness of God. If you’re going through a difficult time and a friend stops by out of the blue and cheers you up, that’s the goodness of God. We have to remember not to take the little things for granted. All through the day we should be saying, “Thank You, Lord, for Your goodness. Thank You for my health. Thank You for my spouse. Thank You for the opportunity that You have given me.” Today, be on the lookout for His goodness. Remember, what you seek you will find. Seek Him and thank Him for His faithfulness and blessing upon every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for every good and perfect gift that You have given me. Thank You for ordering my steps and guiding me with Your Word. I love You and praise You today for Your faithfulness and look forward to the good things You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

11 Oct 2018 03:35 #1997 by DrMike
Avoid Strife

Today’s Scripture

"It is an honor for a man to cease from strife..." (Proverbs 20:3, KJV)

Strife is a very destructive force. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and it can then escalate into something much bigger. But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably, and you are honoring God.

How do you avoid strife? Scripture tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love gives people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may also have a loved one in the hospital. Instead of getting upset, walk in love—be patient, be kind to them. Extend grace.

Today, look for ways to walk in unity with the people in your life. When we walk in unity, there is a commanded blessing. Always avoid strife and choose peace and watch the hand of God move mightily in your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose Your ways. I invite Your plan to unfold in my life. Help me to avoid strife so I can walk in peace and unity and honor You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

12 Oct 2018 03:28 #1998 by DrMike
The Power of Peace

Today’s Scripture

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27, NIV)

No matter what may be going on around you today, you can still live in peace. Scripture encourages us not to let our hearts be troubled. In other words, don’t meditate on all the negative things in this world to the point that it steals your peace. If you have fear, worry or anxiety about anything, recognize that those feelings aren’t from God because He has promised to give you a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. There is tremendous power in peace. When you are at peace internally, you can think more clearly. You can hear the voice of God more easily. You’ll make better decisions. Even your physical body responds to peace.

The enemy knows this, and his goal is to steal your peace. He tries to set you up to get you upset. But when you choose to receive God’s peace, then no weapon formed against you shall prosper!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your gift of peace in my life. I choose to receive Your peace in my heart and hold it close to me always. I receive Your Word as truth and life to my soul in Jesus’ name. Amen."

15 Oct 2018 05:42 #1999 by DrMike
Step Out of the Boat

Today’s Scripture

"Peter replied to Him, 'Lord, if it is [really] You, command me to come to You on the water.' He said, 'Come!' So Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus." (Matthew 14:28-29, AMP)

Why do you think Peter wanted to get out of the boat? Why did he all of the sudden think he could walk on water when Jesus called him? Well, you might say, " it's because he saw Jesus open the blind eyes and cleanse the lepers." Yes, that's true. But the other disciples in the boat saw the same things. Why didn't they want to get out? I believe it was because Peter understood that it was his time. He stirred up his faith. He believed at that moment that he could do what God placed in his heart. Jesus said, "Peter, do you want to get out of that boat?" He said, "Yes, I do." Jesus replied, "Well, come on out." Notice that Jesus didn't say, "Peter, stay in that boat. Don't you know I'm the Son of God?" No. He said, "Peter, I like your attitude of faith. I like the fact that you believe you can do great things."

I encourage you today to have that same kind of boldness. Start believing that your time is here! All the dreams that you've buried, those desires that you thought would never work out, it's time to start believing again. It's your time, and it's time to step out of the boat!

A Prayer for Today

"Dear Father, today I choose to believe Your Word. I believe You are faithful to complete the good work You've started in my life. I choose to follow Your voice and step out of the boat. Thank You for bringing to pass the dreams in my heart in Jesus' name. Amen."

17 Oct 2018 03:30 #2000 by DrMike
Thriving Every Day

Today’s Scripture

"...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]." (John 10:10, AMP)

God doesn’t want you to live with a “barely-get-by” attitude. He has new seasons of increase in front of you. He wants you to thrive, to live an abundant, overflowing life!

Sometimes when things seem difficult, it’s easy to slip into “survival mode.” When times get tough, it’s tempting to just “hunker down” and settle where we are. If you’re not careful, you’ll develop a survival mentality that will keep you from growing and releasing your faith. You’ll be happy just to “break even.” But as God’s children, we’re not supposed to just break even; we’re supposed to break through to a new level! We’re supposed to believe for more of God’s favor, increase and promotion no matter what is happening in the world around us.

Make up your mind today that no matter how difficult things seem, you are going to thrive every day! Take hold of God’s promises and declare that you are rising higher. As you continue to expect His favor and increase, you’ll see His hand of blessing in your life, and you will thrive and live in victory all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for giving me life. I choose today to agree with Your Word which says I can thrive and enjoy my life to the full. Help me see Your hand at work more and more each day. I bless You and give You praise in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds