Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Dec 2018 08:03 #2031 by DrMike
God Has the Final Say

Today’s Scripture

"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20:24, NKJV)

God is a faithful God! You may be praying for things that haven’t happened yet, but just because things aren’t happening on your timetable doesn’t mean they aren’t going to happen. Don’t give up on that promise; God has the final say. Don’t let discouragement or negative thoughts talk you out of it. Get your fire back! Get your passion back. If God said it, He will do it. If God spoke it, He will bring it to pass.

This is what the apostle Paul did in Scripture. He said, “None of these things move me.” What were “these things?” Circumstances that looked impossible. Persecution. People trying to talk him out of it. Negative, discouraging thoughts. His attitude was, “That doesn’t change my mind. I’m not moved by what I see. I’m moved by what I know, and I know if God be for me, who dare be against me? I know all of God’s promises are yes and amen. I know God has the final say!”

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to trust You over trusting my circumstances, knowing that You are faithful. I choose to stand strong in You. Give me Your peace and joy as I wait on You and let me be a testimony of Your grace in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2018 02:54 #2032 by DrMike
Live All of Your Days

Today’s Scripture

"The fear of the Lord leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil." (Proverbs 19:23, NKJV)

One thing I’ve noticed is that so many people are walking around who aren’t really living to the full the way God intends. Do you ever notice that many people quit living around fifty, but yet they are going to stay on the planet until after they’re eighty? Maybe they went through a disappointment or had a failure. Someone hurt them, and now they’ve lost their joy and settled where they are. No, God has another victory in store! You wouldn’t be breathing unless God had something amazing in your future. It’s time to get your passion back and be determined to really live out all of your God-given days!

The Scripture says that God wants to bring you to a flourishing finish, not a fizzled-out finish. Don’t let disappointment or self-pity hold you back. God has promised that what was meant for your harm He will turn around and use for your good. Not only will He bring you out, but He will bring you out better off than you were before. Receive it by faith today and press forward into the abundant, fulfilled life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for the promise of living a long, satisfied life. I choose to stay in the game and press forward to fulfill my destiny. I won’t shrink back, give up or lose heart, but I will stand strong in You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

18 Dec 2018 03:13 #2033 by DrMike
Value Every Moment

Today’s Scripture

"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Have you stopped to consider that today is a special gift from God? Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It can be easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way, or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the blessing that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I surrender every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 Dec 2018 03:12 #2034 by DrMike
Great Peace

Today’s Scripture

"Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble." (Psalm 119:165, NIV)

God not only wants to give you peace, He wants to give you great peace! When you love His law, nothing can make you stumble, and you will have great peace!

Great peace gives you joy when it doesn’t make sense for you to be happy. It’s peace that passes understanding. Great peace keeps you stable and strong no matter what may come against you. When you focus your attention on God’s Word and discipline yourself in the Scriptures, you will hunger for more of Him. That love for His law will naturally develop. His Word will direct your path. His Word will protect you. You can always find security in His Word. Today, choose to put His Word first and have the great peace and blessing God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word that gives me peace. I choose to focus on Your Word today so that You can protect me and guide me. I give You praise today for working in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

20 Dec 2018 07:11 #2035 by DrMike
Scatter Your Enemies

Today’s Scripture

"Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered…" (Psalm 68:1, NKJV)

What are you letting arise in your life? In other words, what are you focusing your words, energy and thoughts on? You might say, “Oh, it’s just so hard right now. My finances are tight.” “My health doesn’t look good.” “Somebody walked out on me.” No, you’re focusing on the wrong things. You’re letting defeat, discouragement and self-pity rise up. Why don’t you turn that around and say, “God is still in control. Somebody may have walked out on me, but I know God is going to bring me somebody better.” “I may be hurting right now, but I know God is the restorer of my soul.” “I may have an unexpected debt, but I know God is my provider. He is supplying all of my needs. He is fighting my battles.”

When you give God glory and let Him arise in your life, you can’t stay defeated. No foe can stand against you in the presence of Almighty God. Your enemies will be scattered! They will tremble at your words of faith! Let God arise and embrace the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I release any negative, self-defeating thoughts or attitudes. Instead, I choose to let God arise in my life. I declare that You are worthy, You are holy, and You are the center of my joy, peace and strength in Jesus’ name. Amen."

21 Dec 2018 03:20 #2036 by DrMike
Encourage Yourself

Today’s Scripture

"Further, David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him...But David felt strengthened and encouraged in the LORD his God." (1 Samuel 30:6, AMP)

It’s good to have friends and family around to cheer you up when you’re down, but in order to truly live in victory, that encouragement has to come from the inside. When your mind is telling you it’s not worth it, when your circumstances seem difficult, deep down inside, your spirit has to have the resolve that says, “I refuse to settle where I am.” That’s what David had to do. He was facing a major setback. His family was captured, his city was destroyed, and his own people were now against him, but he still managed to encourage himself in the Lord. How did he do that? He replayed in his mind the victories from the past. He recounted God’s faithfulness. As he rehearsed over and over the goodness of God, strength began to rise in his heart.

There are so many places you can see the hand of God at work. Thank Him for saving you today. Thank Him for the miracle of life. Thank Him for His faithfulness. Focus on the fact that God didn’t bring you this far to leave you now. Stir up that inner strength and encouragement. As you do, you’ll rise higher and higher and live the life of victory the Lord has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness today. I choose to focus on You and the good things You have prepared for my future. I thank You for making a way out of no way, and I will bless You always in Jesus' name. Amen."

24 Dec 2018 03:29 #2037 by DrMike
How to Move On

Today’s Scripture

"But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions." (Mark 11:26, NASB)

God never promised that life would always be fair. In fact, He warns us of just the opposite! People aren't perfect; we all make mistakes and bad decisions. You may have been hurt by others in the past, but what's most important is how you choose to deal with that hurt.

When you harbor hurts and offenses, it keeps you stuck in the past. It only causes harm in your life. If you want to move forward in joy and peace, you have to choose forgiveness.

Yes, forgiveness is a choice, and it has nothing to do with the person who hurt you. Forgiveness is the choice to hand your hurts over to God and let Him make up the difference. When we choose to extend forgiveness, that's when we choose to receive His forgiveness! Today, choose God's way, choose forgiveness, and choose to move forward in the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the gift of forgiveness. Today I open my heart and mind to You. I ask that You help me understand Your truth about forgiveness so that I can be set free. I love You and bless You today in Jesus' name! Amen."

25 Dec 2018 06:33 #2038 by DrMike
Giving is Worship

Today’s Scripture

"And after entering the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then, after opening their treasure chests, they presented to Him gifts..." (Matthew 2:11, AMP)

When the wise men first saw Jesus, they were completely overwhelmed. They fell to their knees and wanted to worship Him with everything they had. Giving was an automatic response. They wanted to lavish Him with their love and gifts. They were giving because they were thankful and wanted to honor Him.

When you give to God, He doesn’t want you to do it just because it’s offering time or because you feel like you have to. In fact, the Bible says, “Do not give grudgingly or under compulsion.” God wants you to give because your heart is overflowing with thankfulness. He wants you to be happy and cheerful when you give. He loves a cheerful giver!

Meditate on the faithfulness of God today. Think about what He’s done for you—that He’s saved and redeemed You. Dwell on the fact that He is your provider. As you meditate on His goodness, your heart will overflow with thankfulness, and just like the wise men, giving will be an automatic response!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to meditate on Your goodness today. Thank You for loving and saving me. Thank You for redeeming my life from the pit. I give You everything that I am today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

26 Dec 2018 07:17 #2039 by DrMike
Good Sense

Today’s Scripture

"Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense." (Proverbs 19:11, AMPC)

Every day, we have opportunities to get upset, frustrated or offended. Maybe you had plans that didn’t work out, or someone was rude to you at the office. Maybe you were doing something that should have taken one hour and ended up taking three. Life is full of inconveniences. Even though we can’t always control our circumstances, we can control our reaction. They say, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.”

We should always go out each day with a positive attitude, full of hope and expecting God’s favor. But at the same time, we should recognize that most days are not going to go exactly as we planned. However, we are created to live in peace. Peace is our position of power. If you get stressed because you got off schedule, or upset because your child wouldn’t eat his breakfast, or frustrated because somebody offended you, you are giving away your power. Instead, use good sense! Make the decision to release those offenses and disappointments so you can live in peace. Overlook offense, release offense and move forward in the power and victory the Lord has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I release every care, concern, offense and disappointment to You. I choose to keep the peace that You have given me knowing that with You, my best days are ahead in Jesus’ name! Amen."

27 Dec 2018 03:03 #2040 by DrMike
Scatter Your Enemies

Today’s Scripture

"Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered…" (Psalm 68:1, NKJV)

What are you letting arise in your life? In other words, what are you focusing your words, energy and thoughts on? You might say, “Oh, it’s just so hard right now. My finances are tight.” “My health doesn’t look good.” “Somebody walked out on me.” No, you’re focusing on the wrong things. You’re letting defeat, discouragement and self-pity rise up. Why don’t you turn that around and say, “God is still in control. Somebody may have walked out on me, but I know God is going to bring me somebody better.” “I may be hurting right now, but I know God is the restorer of my soul.” “I may have an unexpected debt, but I know God is my provider. He is supplying all of my needs. He is fighting my battles.”

When you give God glory and let Him arise in your life, you can’t stay defeated. No foe can stand against you in the presence of Almighty God. Your enemies will be scattered! They will tremble at your words of faith! Let God arise and embrace the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, right now I release any negative, self-defeating thoughts or attitudes. Instead, I choose to let God arise in my life. I declare that You are worthy, You are holy, and You are the center of my joy, peace and strength in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.815 seconds